Inexpensive post-workout?

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
I'm not looking to spend too much money this week but I need something for my post-workouts. What is something you would suggest, that is readily available in most stores? Monster Milk? Myoplex? Protein bars?

I eat protein all day and I'm just looking to get something that has some of the other muscle-building nutrients included.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
muscle building nutrients other than protein... Like carbs and fat... Food. Loaf of bread and natural PB. Save you a ton of money, you're welcome

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
So, other than the foods I already eat, there is nothing in-particular I could add?

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I guess I don't understand your question... but cottage cheese has a bunch of casein protein in it which is slow digesting. If you can refine your question a bit with more of your goals and what you're looking for, we can give you more info :)

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
I hear you. I already eat cottage cheese, almond butter, chicken, black beans, tuna, turkey sausage, kraut, eggs, all-natural salsa... I get a good bit of protein so while I'm going to the store I was wondering if there is something quick I could find to add for muscle growth/development. Just something that may be missing from the above items...

I'm basically doing a cyclical ketogenic diet if that helps. :)

Maybe something like Aged Garlic Extract, EGCG, Green Tea Flavanols, ALA...

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
youre overthinking it dude. protein = protein. just cuz its in a powder form doesnt mean its super anabolik

btw vanilla greek yogurt + granola = oh my gawd good

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
I wasn't asking for powder. Im asking if there is ANYTHING that I could add. I haven't overthought anything or I'd probably not be asking. Thanks for the help though.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i was assuming you were looking for supement advice because you brought up monster milk and myogenix. if you already get plenty of protein and enough cals, youre set

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
i was assuming you were looking for supement advice because you brought up monster milk and myogenix. if you already get plenty of protein and enough cals, youre set
Haha. Thanks. I guess that's all I needed to hear. I just assumed there was something I was missing. I should have done a tad more research myself... I appreciated the advice.

It's my cheat day today though. Still did some cardio on my bike trainer. Got my juices flowing at 6:30 am. :)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chocolate milk.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's nothing ckd about dairy products or beans... They're loaded with carbs..

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
I don't use dairy. I know what you mean about beans though. I had some one day last week just messing around with different things. I keep it pretty simple though, mainly with what I have up there along with lentiles and soy nuts (unsalted). I'm always looking for other things I could add or take away...

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
Well, I suppose I have it covered then. Thanks for the help.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Food is always the best choice for nutrients but Cell Shock is an awesome post workout blend of fast and slow digesting carbs, along with creatine, glutamine, potassium and ALA that works great to pump all the needed nutrients into the cells post workout.

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
Thank you sir. I looked at that and it looks pretty good.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MHP Up Your Mass is a shake I like postWO due to high protein and carbs