Best supplement for Muscle Recovery? Training for Marathon

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. You're going to love Compete - the taste is insane, and it'll help you on your longer training days. It's one of my favorites and definitely something that I use daily at this point. Good luck with your training!
    HiTech Representative

2. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post

Compete is creatine free, and will offer you the most noticeable improvements in performance out of anything you can try.
    Just checked out compete. Good stuff. I like how it is creatine free as well. Should really help out the OP.

Adding BCAAs would increase recovery as well. Just don't buy into the SAA bullshyt.
    Independent Review
    •   

3. Hey OP, check this out as well. Really helps with flat feet!

http://www.yoursole.com/us/help/footbed-fitting/

They're great for activity. Another insole I buy are these, mainly just for comfort for standing or walking>>>

http://www.magnumboots.com/uk/orthol...m-insoles.html
    Independent Review

4. excited to see what the OP thinks!

OP - Try doing 1 scoop/20-24oz water. It is very strongly flavored
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

5. I'm going to have to look into investing in some soles I believe...

I do have a heating pad / massager at work that I keep at my calves the entire day to ease with the split and calve pain and all.

Are Dr. Scholls any good? Also just purchased a new pair of running shoes; I use the vibrams at the gym with the low impact treadmill which seem to have helped a lot with my shin splint issue, but they can't be used outdoors, too much impact on my body.

Also doesn't help that my legs have to propel a 235lb body around, I'm sure they don't quite enjoy it.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I do have a heating pad / massager at work that I keep at my calves the entire day to ease with the split and calve pain and all

Are Dr. Scholls any good? Also just purchased a new pair of running shoes
    Shin splints are actually micro fractures in the bone itself, some severe. This is accompanied by tears in connective tissue as well. The muscle has less to do with it than you think. An anti inflammatory is your best friend.

Get the sleeves!

Dr scholls is a joke. Get some quality stuff that actually works like those oven bake insoles.

Lastly, there is a lot of research that goes into buying a shoe that will help you perform better. As flat footed individuals we are limited in our choices. I hope you did your homework
    Independent Review

7. I got the Vibrams for inside and they work perfectly to avoid those type of injuries.

For the outside I'm looking at soles exactly because I don't want to get the shoes; the latest one I looked at was a quick $300 and that is just not within the budget right now.

Will start taking some anti inflamatories, wasn't aware of that, I thought it was a combination.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I got the Vibrams for inside and they work perfectly to avoid those type of injuries.

For the outside I'm looking at soles exactly because I don't want to get the shoes; the latest one I looked at was a quick $300 and that is just not within the budget right now.

Will start taking some anti inflamatories, wasn't aware of that, I thought it was a combination.
    I just got some vibrams last week. I love them so far! Takes a little getting used to tho
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

9. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I got the Vibrams for inside and they work perfectly to avoid those type of injuries.

if you want a strong natural anti-inflammatory, look into Joint Help. It includes ParActin which is a very potent anti-inflammatory. As such, it offers both immediate and long term pain relief.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative Manager

10. Recovery/Overall Performance, I'd go with Protocol.
    SNS Forum Representative | Lift, Laugh, Repeat

11. Marathon training is one of the few times you don't want to facilitate the hormetic response to exercise. You want antioxidants and immunostimulants.

Vitamin C, Echinacea, Anaycyclus pyrethrum, NAC, LCLT.

Pre-marathon, a dietary protocol of glycogen depletion, followed by low/no carbs for 2-3 days, followed by carb-loading should create a strong glycogen supercompensation response. Since glycogen depletion is tied with failure in marathons, you want as much as possible going in.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 12:05 AM
  2. Match Green Tea for Muscle Recovery?
    By Palko in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 12:28 AM
  3. Best Supplement for Lean Muscle Gain?
    By 2 Real in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
  4. best supplements for muscle growth
    By bbphato in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 11:27 AM