Cissus 3g a day..insane strength gains?

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Hey guys,

I've done a couple of 8 week runs of Cissus at around 3 grams a day, and I've noticed that while on my strength goes through the roof! I don't think it due to pushing myself because of lack of injury there is definately some hormonal component to this. I did do some research, and a few others have said similar things, but I wonder if anyone else is getting huge strength increases due to cissus. I'm using the powder, it tastes awful but it is cheap and well worth it for the joint aches alone. Anyone else getting this at all? I've done a little experimenting 1.5g at least for myself makes my shoulders and back feel better but I don't get the strength gains that I do at 3g.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I like the taste.

I`m using the Primaforce powder,40% ketosterones.

I take around a gram a day.

But if I go above that I seem not to feel so well.

This is interesting though,might want to try it.

Are you sure the strength gains aren`t just and ordinary progression for you?

Or maybe some other supplemet you`re taking?

Can you describe the strength gain a bit?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You like the taste? Ew bulk cissus is gross lol. Ill stick to my capsulated cissus in joint help!

I like the taste.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There's really no reason for cissus to improve strength unless your bone density was holding you back

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk cissus is some nasty stuff :yuck:

zv3

zv3

Awards
I have noticed a bit of increased strength, but I attribute it to the positive effects of Cissus on my joints, thus making it more comfortable for me to add more weight. Normally my bones are creaking and popping, but on Cissus my joints feel very strong. Not sure if Cissus would contribute DIRECTLY to increased strength, but INDIRECTLY it works great!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's really no reason for cissus to improve strength unless your bone density was holding you back
I wouldn't sell it short, in animals at least cissus is a strong anti corticoid and at 3-6 grams a "cissus pump" becomes apparent.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I probably have to switch brand cuz my knees are worse than ever from 2-4g a day :( I have been using the bulk cissus I got from the Versa-1 bundle, can you guys recommend me a good brand?

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
This isn't a normal strength progression, I'm noticeably stronger each visit to the gym, only other time Ive noticed these type of strength increases was with old 1-AD. I gained strength on ABE, Erase, and DAA, but again not like this. I'm only taking staple type supplements with it (fish oil, green tea, magnesium, coq10, multi). I'm toying with weights that felt heavy to me before, I'm not crazy I swear I'm not..not sure why this is happening, but I'm not arguing with it lol.

Bulk Cissus tastes awful, but I think Ive finally gotten used to it, I dump 1.5 grams in front of my tongue right behind my teeth then start gulping water, I do this twice a day.

I like the taste.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I gained strength on DAA
Ahh you`ve lost me.

DAA is pure crap in the gym.

I don`t care what anyone else will say.

I have done bloods on DAA and it didn`t boost any test,nor did it have any effect in the gym.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh you`ve lost me.

DAA is pure crap in the gym.

I don`t care what anyone else will say.

I have done bloods on DAA and it didn`t boost any test,nor did it have any effect in the gym.
Its crap for you, i agree but maybe not for the next guy...

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I haven't noticed much. I usually take 4 Joint Help and an additional 2-3g from bulk.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I wouldn't sell it short, in animals at least cissus is a strong anti corticoid and at 3-6 grams a "cissus pump" becomes apparent.
A glucocorticoid receptor antagonist may reduce proteolysis but it would reduce exercise performance, as cortisol plays a role in storing glycogen and therefore aiding glucagon in mobilizing it during exercise

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't noticed much. I usually take 4 Joint Help and an additional 2-3g from bulk.
I take an additional 1g just since I have so much!!!

mike

Awards
  • Established
I probably have to switch brand cuz my knees are worse than ever from 2-4g a day :( I have been using the bulk cissus I got from the Versa-1 bundle, can you guys recommend me a good brand?
Iforce joint help - great cissus + paractin for non-NSAID anti inflammatory. I love it.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I`m sure there are lots of people imagining DAA gains.
The notion of "it doesn't work for me so it doesn't work for the world" is odd...

With that in mind, if a supplement works for you it must work for the world. Every supplement company should seek you out for R&D. Not just the supplement industry but you would become super rich in the pharma world...

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A glucocorticoid receptor antagonist may reduce proteolysis but it would reduce exercise performance, as cortisol plays a role in storing glycogen and therefore aiding glucagon in mobilizing it during exercise
D-bol and Durabolin are both in that category.

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Totally off topic but those of you who aren't fond of the bulk cissus flavor, I put mine in with my morning coffee. Probably the most effective way I've found to mask it's bold taste.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This may be completely bunk, but I saw an article stating that cissus works by increasing IGF-1. If so, could this not potentially cause some gains in stregth. What if someone was a bit low?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Totally off topic but those of you who aren't fond of the bulk cissus flavor, I put mine in with my morning coffee. Probably the most effective way I've found to mask it's bold taste.
I just drop it into a thin sheet of toilet paper and down it? Easiest way Ive ever found to take bulk powders!

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
This is very interesting. Any increase in body weight? How about water retention? I think I recall PA or one of the gurus suspecting that some of these herbs may exhibit estrogenic effects and that the corresponding water retention may be what helps the joints. I guess in theory the added volume could also produce strength gains. Then again maybe your cissus is spiked with sd :)

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Cissus XT, the lower the extract the more it help joints,ligaments and tendons,higher extraction rates tend to have more of an anabolic effect.

SNS makes Cissus XT @ 5% extract,a lot of others you will find have it @ 10%.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/cissus-xt-750mg-120-caps.html

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lots of bro science and etc., on cissus and how to take. Like the wrapping in toilet paper. People throw anabolic term around and etc. Does anyone that sells this stuff actually know what it does or what active ingredient actually impacts bone and tissue. Does it exert any impact on IGF-1 or an IGF binding protein. Does it help produce or preserve osteoblasts. Is this all bunk? When you guys or reps say androgenic or anabolic, due you mean IGF-1 effects? I am really curious about this stuff as it could be great for an older dude like me.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I take mine raw.

Why would I wanna mask the flavor? Then I wouldn`t enjoy it.

Anyways,if Mack is right,then I have the perfect cissus to try out for strength gains(40%),once I get back to the gym.

OP:

What kind of strength gain did you experience?

Can you give some numbers.

I am at the top of my strength limit,there is nothing that can budge it anymore naturally,so if I try this out,I will certainly know if I`m getting power from cissus.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
No, I thought about this as well, mechanical cell leverage but I'm leaner if anything..

This is very interesting. Any increase in body weight? How about water retention? I think I recall PA or one of the gurus suspecting that some of these herbs may exhibit estrogenic effects and that the corresponding water retention may be what helps the joints. I guess in theory the added volume could also produce strength gains. Then again maybe your cissus is spiked with sd :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Lots of bro science and etc., on cissus and how to take. Like the wrapping in toilet paper. People throw anabolic term around and etc. Does anyone that sells this stuff actually know what it does or what active ingredient actually impacts bone and tissue. Does it exert any impact on IGF-1 or an IGF binding protein. Does it help produce or preserve osteoblasts. Is this all bunk? When you guys or reps say androgenic or anabolic, due you mean IGF-1 effects? I am really curious about this stuff as it could be great for an older dude like me.
Cissus drives up osteoblast function. It has data showing it elevates IGF-1, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. It certainly aids injuries, but it is not anabolic to ​muscle tissue

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I just drop it into a thin sheet of toilet paper and down it? Easiest way Ive ever found to take bulk powders!
You my friend have just made my friggen week, this is the most ingenious idea ever. No lie about an hour ago I was contemplating getting a capper cause I don't like the taste of cissus. Just tried your little trick and worked perfect.