How much money do you spend per workout?

feather319

feather319

Awards
As time has gone on I continue to add more products in and out of my workout rotation. I'm not sure the total cost of my workout but it is starting to get pricey.

Preworkout: 1500 mg ALCAR, 500-1000mg L-carnitine tartrate, 1500-2500 mg Beta Alanine, 4-6 g Citrulline, 1 scoop Xtend, 500 mg tyrosine, 500 mg DLPA, 1000 mg choline bitatrate, b6, b12, 500mg niacin, green tea extract, 1 cap astravar, 1 cap kre-alkalyn, 200mg caffeine or other stimulant (like alpha t2), 1/2 scoop-1 scoop Ultima.
Post lifting: 2 scoops xtend, 5 grams glutamine immediately after lifting.
Post Workout: 1 scoop whey isolate.

I cycle in fat burners/pre-workout supplements. At what I am doing in this cycle, my cost per workout averages about $3. In a given week, that is $15 per week and I'm in a budget phase right now.

What is your daily cost to workout. Am I putting to much emphasis on pre-workout support? I train fasted in the AM and don't feel as strong nor have the endurance without supplements.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Unless you have specific reasons you could easily drop the DLPA, B6, B12, niacin(get jarrow b-right if you want some b vitamins), astravar(if this is the preworkout enhancer thing), kre-alk for mono, l-glutamine and the xtend dose post workout. This could help you on costs some. I train fasted too and I cut it to a couple bulk powders, an intra, and a pre and I am good to go. If I don't have time for a meal I do protein post. Saves money.

I like Xtend but if you are after the leucine you could get just as much out of a half serving of ModernBCAA for cheaper. Just some ideas to help.

feather319

feather319

Awards
Unless you have specific reasons you could easily drop the DLPA, B6, B12, niacin(get jarrow b-right if you want some b vitamins), astravar(if this is the preworkout enhancer thing), kre-alk for mono, l-glutamine and the xtend dose post workout. This could help you on costs some. I train fasted too and I cut it to a couple bulk powders, an intra, and a pre and I am good to go. If I don't have time for a meal I do protein post. Saves money.

I like Xtend but if you are after the leucine you could get just as much out of a half serving of ModernBCAA for cheaper. Just some ideas to help.
Thanks for the advice Rob. I take DLPA, niacin and b-vitamins for combating depression. I've off Lexapro for 8 months after being on it for 6 years. The tyrosine/DLPA combo is great for boosting dopamine naturally and gets me through the side effects of dropping the Lexapro. The b-vitamins are cofactors.

Just ordered modern BCAA from nutraplanet from the clearance sale. $16.71. Great deal there!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the advice Rob. I take DLPA, niacin and b-vitamins for combating depression. I've off Lexapro for 8 months after being on it for 6 years. The tyrosine/DLPA combo is great for boosting dopamine naturally and gets me through the side effects of dropping the Lexapro. The b-vitamins are cofactors.

Just ordered modern BCAA from nutraplanet from the clearance sale. $16.71. Great deal there!
Ahhh, okay I got ya now. Well they are pretty inexpensive in bulk so not bad and you have good reason for using them.

That is an awesome deal on modern.

To answer your question right now I am cycled off of the carnitines. I use creatine mono, 2 caps uncut, ModernBCAA and sometimes Gatorade pre/during/post. My protein right now is XF arctic lemon.

I guess still a little pricey. When I have money I also like agmatine and cm. If money was no issue I'd probably have too much lol.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i actually thoug about this the other day

$30/month @ 12 workouts a month = $2.50/day
1scoop protein = $1/day ( not every day, just adding for fun)
1scoop craze = ~$.75
im not even gonna add cycle costs cuz its already stupid ass high

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
SNS caffeine tabs. 1-2 pre. That makes my workouts like .2 cents ;)

Doesn't include cycle costs either.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym $19 per month (golds gym)
1 Scoop Hemavol
2 Scoops compete pre, 1 scoop intra

Not to much IMO

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
ye golds got ridiculously cheap. gl finding one now days though. they really shrunk

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My golds just shut down about 6 months ago. I was paying 17/mo and my buddy was paying 15. I miss that place, so many less douchebags.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
No wonder they shut down. They didn't have any money. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
i think 24hour just came in with the big money and raped them out of business. then the little gyms like fitness19 andplanet fitness undercut everything with their $10/month deal. golds was just doomed for awhile. it was either charge cheap to compete with cheap, or compete with 24hour's nationwide membership programs for $30/month

lose-lose scenario

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yah, I know lol. Me and my lifting partner knew something was up when they hardly ever had the heat on during the dead winter. It'd be cold as **** in there at 515 when we got there.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your Golds is $19 a month.... da ****. I was paying $44/month.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Well, it was 34.99 if you pay by credit card, 29.99 if you pay by checking account, 24.99 if you sign up someone. Last year, they wanted to expand, so you had the opportunity to pay $100 then, and lower your rate to 19$ a month for life. Being that the gym is well stabilized, there is 3 golds gyms within 15 minutes of me, and my main one is a 2 minute drive from my house, I knew it was worth the 100$ Because i dont plan on stopping working out lol.

J

joh408

Awards
  • Established
24 hour for me was $350 for 2 years up front. Not bad and I can workout at most locations. I wish my dad kept his plan that he had when he worked at his previous job. A year of 24 hour was $75 and then $50 for each additional family member.

atanocc

atanocc

Awards
Xsprt membership 25 a month 24/7../365 days

1scoop preworkout(20-30dollar tub)
Then post workout shake(2 servings of wheygoldstandard) 50dollar tub
I calculate roughly 3 dollars a workout

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
24 hour for me was $350 for 2 years up front. Not bad and I can workout at most locations. I wish my dad kept his plan that he had when he worked at his previous job. A year of 24 hour was $75 and then $50 for each additional family member.
costco deal?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Yup! Good deal IMO. The student discount at 24 was like $30 a month with a $90 startup fee. Wasn't trying to pay that
is it a nationwide sport/active membership or just one gym? thats a badass deal and ive been thinking about going for it. but im moving closer to my college this summer and ithink the only 24hour is a downtown supersport. probly end up using the college gym

J

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I've used it in California and at 4 different gyms on Colorado. You just can't use it at super sport locations, so if that is the only one around you I guess it wont work. My college gym is brutal now that they are rebuilding it, free weights on a basketball court with no grip. Supposed to be nice when they are done next spring

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like most gyms are averaging 25-35/month.

Mike

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
My gym is free since I work there, I have a key so 24/7 365 as well haha. So 0.00$ there.

Couple scoops of ON gold standard. About .60 cents a scoop so 1.20$
Preworkout is black coffee, so pennies. multivitamin, creatine mono, and fish oil is basically pennies, let's say .20
And occasionally I'll do a scoop of bcaas. So I'm calculating about 1.80$ plus a quarter for the bus each way. So $2.30 a workout.

feather319

feather319

Awards
Thanks for everyone's feedback. BTW, I'm at Gold's Gym too. $10.00 per month here.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The other day i did:
1 scoop volatile
2 scoops SNS cit mal
500mg SNS agmatine
SNS ae2 matrix

2 scoops endurance intra/post

Wanna say roughly 3.00

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Costco? That is a food store in the tri-state area lol
Yeah. They sell gym memberships though. Like to LA, 24 HR etc. Picked up a 2 year membership to 24 hr for like $300.

More upfront but big savings

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Costco? That is a food store in the tri-state area lol
costco has everything dude. if you havnt been inside, youre missing out, only half of the iass warehouse is actually groceries. the rest is random crap like backyard stuff, clothes, movie passes, etc. its a fun store to walk around in. they have a big electronic section too with 60-70inch tv's

M

Machmood

Awards
I've come full circle. It seemed i kept adding supps, reading about new stuff and just kept buying . Eventually I sat back and said WTF am I doing , half these things aren't even proven and just a waste. All I use now is ON WHEY PWO with bulk creatine mono, myofusion before bed, and the occasional pre workout. MAYBE during a cut some reduce xt.