Best blood pressure supplements?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    ThatMonkey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    25

    Best blood pressure supplements?


    Title sums it up. Which supps are best to keep blood pressure in check? And does anyone know if formestane will raise blood pressure?

  2. Registered User
    rhgunner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    5475

    1) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

    There is some evidence that the supplement CoQ10 may help to reduce high blood pressure. A 12 week double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 83 people with systolic hypertension examined the effect of CoQ10 supplements (60 mg twice daily). After the 12 weeks, there was a mean reduction in systolic blood pressure of 17.8 mm Hg in the Coq10-treated group.

    Another study conducted at the University of Western Australia looked at the effect of CoQ10 on blood pressure and glycemic control in 74 people with type 2 diabetes. Participants were randomly assigned to receive either 100mg CoQ10 twice daily, 200mg of the drug fenfibrate, both, or neither for 12 weeks.
    CoQ10 significantly reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressure(mean reduction 6.1 mm Hg and 2.9 mm Hg respectively). There was also a reduction in HbA1C, a marker for long-term glycemic control.
    2) Garlic

    In a meta-analysis of seven randomized controlled trials of garlic supplements, three trials showed a significant reduction in systolic blood pressure and four in diastolic blood pressure. Researchers concluded that garlic powder supplement may be of clinical use in patients with mild high blood pressure.
    Garlic supplements should only be used under the supervision of a qualified health practitioner. Garlic can thin the blood (reduce the ability of blood to clot) similar to aspirin. Garlic may interact with many drugs and supplements such as the prescription drugs such as Coumadin (warfarin) or Trental (pentoxifylline), aspirin, vitamin E, gingko. It is usually recommended that people taking garlic stop in the weeks before and after any type of surgery.
    3) Hawthorn

    The herb hawthorn is often used by traditional herbal practitioners for high blood pressure.
    In a randomized controlled trial conducted by researchers in Reading, UK, 79 patients with type 2 diabetes were randomized to receive either 1200 mg of hawthorn extract a day or placebo for 16 weeks. Medication for high blood pressure was used by 71 percent of the patients.
    At the end of the 16 weeks, patients taking the hawthorn supplement had a significant reduction in mean diastolic blood pressure (2.6 mm Hg). No herb-drug interactions were reported.
    4) Fish oil

    Preliminary studies suggest that fish oil may have a modest effect on high blood pressure. Although fish oil supplements often contain both DHA (docohexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), there is some evidence that DHA is the ingredient that lowers high blood pressure.
    5) Folic acid

    Folate is a B vitamin necessary for formation of red blood cells. It may help to lower high blood pressure in some people, possibly by reducing elevated homocysteine levels.
    One small study of 24 cigarette smokers found that four weeks of folic acid supplementation significantly lowered blood pressure.
    More natural treatments for high blood pressure on the next page...
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,429
    Rep Power
    3698362

    Quote Originally Posted by rhgunner View Post
    1) Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

    There is some evidence that the supplement CoQ10 may help to reduce high blood pressure. A 12 week double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 83 people with systolic hypertension examined the effect of CoQ10 supplements (60 mg twice daily). After the 12 weeks, there was a mean reduction in systolic blood pressure of 17.8 mm Hg in the Coq10-treated group.

    Another study conducted at the University of Western Australia looked at the effect of CoQ10 on blood pressure and glycemic control in 74 people with type 2 diabetes. Participants were randomly assigned to receive either 100mg CoQ10 twice daily, 200mg of the drug fenfibrate, both, or neither for 12 weeks.
    CoQ10 significantly reduced systolic and diastolic blood pressure(mean reduction 6.1 mm Hg and 2.9 mm Hg respectively). There was also a reduction in HbA1C, a marker for long-term glycemic control.
    2) Garlic

    In a meta-analysis of seven randomized controlled trials of garlic supplements, three trials showed a significant reduction in systolic blood pressure and four in diastolic blood pressure. Researchers concluded that garlic powder supplement may be of clinical use in patients with mild high blood pressure.
    Garlic supplements should only be used under the supervision of a qualified health practitioner. Garlic can thin the blood (reduce the ability of blood to clot) similar to aspirin. Garlic may interact with many drugs and supplements such as the prescription drugs such as Coumadin (warfarin) or Trental (pentoxifylline), aspirin, vitamin E, gingko. It is usually recommended that people taking garlic stop in the weeks before and after any type of surgery.
    3) Hawthorn

    The herb hawthorn is often used by traditional herbal practitioners for high blood pressure.
    In a randomized controlled trial conducted by researchers in Reading, UK, 79 patients with type 2 diabetes were randomized to receive either 1200 mg of hawthorn extract a day or placebo for 16 weeks. Medication for high blood pressure was used by 71 percent of the patients.
    At the end of the 16 weeks, patients taking the hawthorn supplement had a significant reduction in mean diastolic blood pressure (2.6 mm Hg). No herb-drug interactions were reported.
    4) Fish oil

    Preliminary studies suggest that fish oil may have a modest effect on high blood pressure. Although fish oil supplements often contain both DHA (docohexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), there is some evidence that DHA is the ingredient that lowers high blood pressure.
    5) Folic acid

    Folate is a B vitamin necessary for formation of red blood cells. It may help to lower high blood pressure in some people, possibly by reducing elevated homocysteine levels.
    One small study of 24 cigarette smokers found that four weeks of folic acid supplementation significantly lowered blood pressure.
    More natural treatments for high blood pressure on the next page...
    nice post even if it was copy and paste lol

    another supplement to think about (especially during the cutting season) is Forskolin-95
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ThatMonkey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    25

    Thanks guys I appreciate it I'm gonna go pick up a few to try on payday. Does anyone know whether the formestane raises Bp?
  5. Registered User
    thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    113180

    Celery Seed Extract.
    Remember why you started.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,429
    Rep Power
    3698362

    are you using this as pct? formestane can keep your test levels suppressed (4-hydroxytestosterone), thats why many people do not use it in pct
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,429
    Rep Power
    3698362

    as far as blood pressure, ive seen it being raised with formestane.
  8. Registered User
    ThatMonkey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    25

    No using at stand alone to assist maintaining muscle while cutting fat. I'm using formeron transdermal at 300 mg a day.
  9. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Celery Seed Extract.
    This.

    It mimmics a calcium channel blocker and mild diuretic.

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  10. zv3
    zv3 is offline
    Registered User
    zv3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    96629

    AI Cycle support helped me with BP. Your supposed to use it during and after a cycle of PH's, but I've heard that the profile is so effective that guys use it even off-cycle. For me it's good stuff, but it's the V8 juice of supplements, taste like celery and cayenne pepper!
  11. Registered User
    JRob23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    111112

    You can add grapeseed extract to that list
    Jimmy Robinson

    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete and Natural Pro Bodybuilder
  12. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
    You can add grapeseed extract to that list
    Yup, 300mg of 95% extract is my thing.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,084
    Rep Power
    932044

    Sadly, we recently discontinued BP Stabil which was a staple of many competitive BBers we are close with.

    Due to the severity of the issue of hypertension, if your BP problems are really becoming a problem, dont be afraid to speak with your doc rather than seek out a plethora of herbal remedies.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  14. Registered User
    ThatMonkey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    25

    Thanks guys! It's more of a preventative measure rather than treating a current issue. Just wanna be sure as this is my first run with anything hormonal so I wanna keep my bases covered. I started it Sunday and I've already been able to notice things out of the normal. I seem to have a little bit more anxiety or a little more of an edge than normal. So I think Ill add In Some sort of Bp support this weekend.
  15. Registered User
    JRob23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    111112

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Yup, 300mg of 95% extract is my thing.
    That's the good stuff right dare

    Kind of pricey too : /
    Jimmy Robinson

    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete and Natural Pro Bodybuilder
  16. Registered User
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mentor, OH
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,978
    Rep Power
    2351795

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMonkey View Post
    Thanks guys! It's more of a preventative measure rather than treating a current issue. Just wanna be sure as this is my first run with anything hormonal so I wanna keep my bases covered. I started it Sunday and I've already been able to notice things out of the normal. I seem to have a little bit more anxiety or a little more of an edge than normal. So I think Ill add In Some sort of Bp support this weekend.
    Without actually measuring your BP, how do you know it's high? I'd suggest using Walmart if you don't have one at home. Better checked than guessed.
  17. Registered User
    ThatMonkey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    25

    It's not high it was at 124/76 today. I actually do use Walmart haha great advice! I just want something to keep it from getting high. Where I'm at now is not bad but the day I started this run I was at 104/75 so I just wanna make sure it doesn't get too much higher. Not really worried though as I'm still in the ok zone.
  18. Registered User
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Long Beach Ca.
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48046

    Agmatine sulphate actually lowers blood pressure considerably.
  19. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5932871

    Odd that this hasn't been mentioned yet, considering it is clinically used to reduce afterload: nitrates!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatMonkey View Post
    It's not high it was at 124/76 today. I actually do use Walmart haha great advice! I just want something to keep it from getting high. Where I'm at now is not bad but the day I started this run I was at 104/75 so I just wanna make sure it doesn't get too much higher. Not really worried though as I'm still in the ok zone.
    Bro you're perfect no worries
  21. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Odd that this hasn't been mentioned yet, considering it is clinically used to reduce afterload: nitrates!
    How much though?
  22. Registered User
    TheFugitive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    184061

    Look into Gamma-O, also checkout the current log

    Gamma oryzanol is a mixture of ferulic acid esters of sterols and triterpene alcohols, extracted from rice bran oil. Gama Oryzanol stimulates the release of endorphins the body’s so-called “feel good” hormones. These hormones stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain, and this stimulation results in an elevation of mood. While not as effective as some prescription pharmaceuticals used to treat depression, gamma oryzanol can significantly improve mood. Gamma Oryzanol has been proven to have very strong antioxidant activity and one study showed that it was up to ten times stronger than vitamin E for scavenging free radicals and preventing tissue damage that results from oxidative stress. High LDL levels or high levels of low lipoproteins “bad cholesterol“ is one contributing factor to hypertension or high blood pressure. Gamma Oryzanol has been used as a treatment for high cholesterol levels, and science shows that it may work at reducing blood pressure by increasing HDL high lipoprotein – the so-called “good” cholesterol levels. Gamma oryzanol may boost strength, increase muscle gain, reduce body fat, speed recovery and reduce post-exercise soreness. Gamma oryzanol also has been proven effective to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and aging syndromes.

    Stabilized rice bran is a super food. It can help control or lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels making it very good fighting coronary heart disease and diabetes. It is high in antioxidants, fighting oxidative stress to the human body. High in proteins, minerals and antioxidants adding stabilized rice bran to your diet will allow your body to fight off the effects of free radical damage bring better quality of health to you and perhaps allow you to live longer and healthier.
  23. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Odd that this hasn't been mentioned yet, considering it is clinically used to reduce afterload: nitrates!
    But what if we want to reduce preload

    I stick with my coreg for bp, love that stuff, physician managed though!

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  24. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5932871

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    But what if we want to reduce preload

    I stick with my coreg for bp, love that stuff, physician managed though!

    Mike
    Well you're in luck, because nitrates reduce both​!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  25. Registered User
    thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    113180

    Lecithin is also supposed to be pretty good for lowering blood pressure.
    Remember why you started.
  26. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    But what if we want to reduce preload

    I stick with my coreg for bp, love that stuff, physician managed though!

    Mike
    coreg doesn't seem to do jack squat for my BP....it does reduce my heart rate nicely though. I need something like lisinopril to really bring my BP to where it needs to be while on certain supps and anabolic aids. I add in hawthorn extract if something REALLY jacks up my BP. Nice double whammy.
  27. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic

    coreg doesn't seem to do jack squat for my BP....it does reduce my heart rate nicely though. I need something like lisinopril to really bring my BP to where it needs to be while on certain supps and anabolic aids. I add in hawthorn extract if something REALLY jacks up my BP. Nice double whammy.
    I use an ace to.. to prevent left ventricular growth.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  28. Registered User
    jaakonpallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    23327

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I use an ace to.. to prevent left ventricular growth.
    What is ace to?
  29. Registered User
    jaakonpallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    23327

    Also what u mean critical by reduce pre load and what nitrates are u refearing to mr.cooper?....
  30. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I use an ace to.. to prevent left ventricular growth.
    My lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor....but yes, apparently I am susceptible to ventricular growth with my supplement and anabolic habits (and genetics I suppose!). That was my major problem, but its fine now with proper medication like the carvedilol and lisinopril. I've never used a calcium channel blocker though, and I hear many guys use that as well.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best supplements for blood pressure?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 04:27 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
  3. what's some good High Blood Pressure supplements?
    By bullet in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
  4. Potassium supplementation lowers blood pressure
    By Smoky in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 09:57 PM
  5. Superdrol + NON-Blood Pressure Supplements
    By rdj6107 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.