Best supplement/ingredients to drink intra-workout that doesn't.. - AnabolicMinds.com

Best supplement/ingredients to drink intra-workout that doesn't..

Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Best supplement/ingredients to drink intra-workout that doesn't..

...contain amino acids or carbs?

The easy answer is water, but is there any good tasting supplement that one can drink intra and is beneficial?

Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by HITFrank View Post
    ...contain amino acids or carbs?

The easy answer is water, but is there any good tasting supplement that one can drink intra and is beneficial?
    Any particular reason why?

Ummmm..... Mio? Crystal Light maybe?
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Any particular reason why?

Ummmm..... Mio? Crystal Light maybe?

Before my workout I use BCAA and EAA after. I have used BCAA intra with a scoop of Alphamine, but now I wanna try not to consume amino acids or carbs. I want to spread out my intake so that the "proteinpulse" can be more effective.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Before my workout I use BCAA and EAA after. I have used BCAA intra with a scoop of Alphamine, but now I wanna try not to consume amino acids or carbs. I want to spread out my intake so that the "proteinpulse" can be more effective.
    I've sipped on preworkouts intra before, you could try doing that. Depending on if your preworkout has carbs in it.

Otherwise your best bet might be the mio or something similar.
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The Gatorade G2's or some other calorie free sports drink
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

You could try the poweraid zero. It has electrolytes and no calories or carbs.
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what would be the point of this? I mean, it wont make or break your gains so why not stick with a BCAA product if you are going to take something intra?
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Compete tastes fantastic and is a really solid intra-workout formula. At the prescribed dose (two scoops), you get nice doses of LCLT (2g), whey hydrolysate (5g) and others that should make a noticeable impact, as well as other ingredients like a strong focus complex and electrolytes.

Samples are available on our website - Tangy Tangerine, Fruit Punch, and Lemon Drop are all excellent when mixed with 20 ounces of water.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

what is "proteinpulse" ?
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    The Gatorade G2's or some other calorie free sports drink
    Gatorade g2 have carbs I hate that!

Mike
  11. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    Compete tastes fantastic and is a really solid intra-workout formula. At the prescribed dose (two scoops), you get nice doses of LCLT (2g), whey hydrolysate (5g) and others that should make a noticeable impact, as well as other ingredients like a strong focus complex and electrolytes.

Samples are available on our website - Tangy Tangerine, Fruit Punch, and Lemon Drop are all excellent when mixed with 20 ounces of water.
    I've had my eye on compete for quite sometime tbh. I may have to give it a go

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

Gatorade g2 have carbs I hate that!

Mike
    hm I thought there was a carb free Gatorade
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

I've had my eye on compete for quite sometime tbh. I may have to give it a go

- Valdez
    I've always enjoyed it, although recently I've just been doing Gatorade + MBCAA.
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Have some Brondo, it's got electrolytes! It's what plants crave!

I really don't understand the aversion to bcaa's intra, but if you insist, I'd probably go with the calorie free propel drink
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    Stats
    5'6"  143 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    Have some Brondo, it's got electrolytes! It's what plants crave!I really don't understand the aversion to bcaa's intra, but if you insist, I'd probably go with the calorie free propel drink
    Solid Idiocracy quote. Compete is really delicious. I love all the flavors and I drink it all throughout the day.
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

iForce Compete, any flavor!!!! I have all three flavors and drink it ALL DAY!!! Fml....
    Getting PUMPED with iForce Compete + Hemavol!!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208823-getting-pumped-iforce.html

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agreed!
    Stats
    5'6"  143 lbs.

Glad you guys like it
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iForce Dave View Post
    what is "proteinpulse" ?
    BÝrge "Blade/Biorythm Diet" ***erli

For those not familiar with Layne and his research into optimizing protein synthesis and optimal meal frequency, read his article Protein: how much and how often here… Basically: ingest a protein source providing a minimal threshold of amino acids (leucine in particular) spaced out every 3-5hrs or so to avoid the refractory response. This is when the muscle synthesis machinery stops responding if you keep amino acids constantly elevated. You want pulsation, a wave-like rise and fall in amino acid levels. Given that most foods take a few hours to digest a viable strategy is to eat a meal every 4-5 hours, then ingest a fast protein source such as whey or even BCAAs with or without some carbs 2hrs before and after meals. Carbs actually seem to prolong MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) even if they don’t specifically add to the amplitude or total effect.
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Have some Brondo, it's got electrolytes! It's what plants crave!

I really don't understand the aversion to bcaa's intra, but if you insist, I'd probably go with the calorie free propel drink
    Coop wrote BCAA's intra would be used as energy/glucose, will they?
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I've sipped on preworkouts intra before, you could try doing that. Depending on if your preworkout has carbs in it.

Otherwise your best bet might be the mio or something similar.
    I will continue to try out different pre-workouts to sip on intra, Alphamine is so far doing OK. I use 1 scoop Clout, 1 scoop Prodigy, 2 scoops RecoverPro and 1 cap Versa-1 pre-workout.
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Cooper said BCAA,s intra would be used as energy/glucose, will they?
    they will certainly be scavenged for energy to a certain extend. The conventional wisdom is that the BCAA's (leucine especially) help to stave off muscle catabolism during training and help to kick start protein synthesis after training

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15173434 "BCAA supplementation before and after exercise has beneficial effects for decreasing exercise-induced muscle damage and promoting muscle-protein synthesis"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18974721
    "Data show that BCAA supplementation before and after exercise has beneficial effects for decreasing exercise-induced muscle damage and promoting muscle-protein synthesis."

Also helpful in maintaining the immune system after intense prolonged exertion:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10912884
    "The data obtained show that BCAA supplementation can reverse the reduction in serum glutamine concentration observed after prolonged intense exercise such as an Olympic triathlon."

Though I will be the first to admit that Coop knows an aweful lot about an aweful lot, and is probably privy to the latest studies on these things.

I will continue to try out different pre-workouts to sip on intra, Alphamine is so far doing OK. I use 1 scoop Clout, 1 scoop Prodigy, 2 scoops RecoverPro and 1 cap Versa-1 pre-workout.
    The ingredients in Alphamine would be best served taken in a pre-workout setting rather than over a prolonged period such as your workout.

For most scenarios BCAAs are best taken pre/post rather than intra-workout as you are looking to hit a bolus of aminos (specifically Leucine) rather than a slow ingestion of them. The studies posted above also are accounting for this as pre/post and not during exercise.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

they will certainly be scavenged for energy to a certain extend. The conventional wisdom is that the BCAA's (leucine especially) help to stave off muscle catabolism during training and help to kick start protein synthesis after training

Though I will be the first to admit that Coop knows an aweful lot about an aweful lot, and is probably privy to the latest studies on these things.
    Great info, thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    The ingredients in Alphamine would be best served taken in a pre-workout setting rather than over a prolonged period such as your workout.

For most scenarios BCAAs are best taken pre/post rather than intra-workout as you are looking to hit a bolus of aminos (specifically Leucine) rather than a slow ingestion of them. The studies posted above also are accounting for this as pre/post and not during exercise.
    Ok. I usually get a better effect of my pre-workouts when drinking something that contains caffeine. I will try to find something different to spike my energy.
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Great info, thanx!

Ok. I usually get a better effect of my pre-workouts when drinking something that contains caffeine. I will try to find something different to spike my energy.
    Our pwo Volatile has a healthy dose of caffeine and gives an awesome pump too. If you want to try it out, I'm running a sample promo:

Formutech 5 week sample giveaway EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Our pwo Volatile has a healthy dose of caffeine and gives an awesome pump too. If you want to try it out, I'm running a sample promo:

Formutech 5 week sample giveaway EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!
    tell me more about this "volatile"
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    tell me more about this "volatile"
    lol, hey buddy! how's life?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 02:35 AM
  2. Best Intra-Workout Supplement
    By jdboucher in forum Supplements
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
  3. What to drink during workout
    By beastseven in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
  4. What Is Your Favorite Intra-workout Supplement Drink?
    By powerlinelift in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:54 PM