Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post

Moral support.
    Lol. Much needed.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Powercage
    How are you doing sir?
    Doing good man. Switched over to the powerlifting style stuff, getting ready for my first meet in June. Learning from some of the good bros in the training forum here.

How about yourself?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    PC has been very calm and the only one really posting sources/links yet you are going to say this when you are doing exactly what you are eluding he is doing? I am surprised PC is even still responding based on the reactions people are taking towards him and I hope that responses like this won't push him away from contributing more over here.

Lots of nice people here. Hopefully some of the information can help them to make a more informed decision in their diet/training.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    FREE Samples: www.controlledlabs.com/freesamplerpack2.php
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Doing good man. Switched over to the powerlifting style stuff, getting ready for my first meet in June. Learning from some of the good bros in the training forum here.

How about yourself?
    Awesome man! Let me know how it goes. Ive been doing a lot more compound work recently as well. Really enjoying Wendler 5-3-1.

Been doing well, lots of work stuff. Working to get a few more letters after my name.
    Controlled Labs Warder
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Awesome man! Let me know how it goes. Ive been doing a lot more compound work recently as well. Really enjoying Wendler 5-3-1.

Been doing well, lots of work stuff. Working to get a few more letters after my name.
    Awesome stuff man
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Awesome stuff man

How are your lifts looking? Feel like you are ready?
    Controlled Labs Warder
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Yep. Unfortunately its utility is highly limited due to its flaws. It's a nice idea, it just didnt pan out.

Claiming that bodybuilders use it is hilarious. Bodybuilders also use glutamine. Correlation does not imply causation.
    You seem so confused, the GI is not flawed. It is just data. It is the utilization of that information would be flawed at best. It isn't even irrelevant, you have heard of diabetes right? The original reason the GI system was brought up was recommending high GI carbs because they are less filling. You immediately scoffed at the GI as a whole like it was a diploma from Hogwarts. @OP, eat more food.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    You seem so confused, the GI is not flawed. It is just data. It is the utilization of that information would be flawed at best. It isn't even irrelevant, you have heard of diabetes right? The original reason the GI system was brought up was recommending high GI carbs because they are less filling. You immediately scoffed at the GI as a whole like it was a diploma from Hogwarts.
    ok.
    Controlled Labs Warder
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

As a type one for 18 years, I can tell you that there isnt a god damn difference between GI carbs.

Edit: In terms of insulin needs
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by IFBBound View Post
    Ok guys, OP here. First off I had no clue I would get this kind of response! This is awesome, I have been checking in reading what some of the more experienced guys have been posting. Much of this information about gl I haven't paid attention to in the past, or even meal timing as of recently! There are some real good guys to get knowledge from here.

Some of the changes I have made are using karbolic (supplement has been sitting in pantry for months) post workout on my way home right before my protein shake. Then as usual ill eat a 8-10 oz mean/2 cup of rice meal. I have tried to keep the shakes to minimum but honestly with me eating 4,000+ calories (without shakes) I figured one in the immediate morning, one post workout and one immediately before bed wouldn't hurt me. My shake post workout I typically use a non gainer low carb protein because I usually eat a meal 45-1hr later. I also drink karbolic as I'm literally driving home from gym. One thing I catch myself mixing up is using a gainer or not first thing when I wake up. I like to have a shake literally within minutes of awaking. Sometimes gainer sometimes not. What is best immediately that soon after awaking. Either way on my way to work ill be eating eggs and some Ezekiel toast or if I don't have toast ill have Ezekiel cereal before work. At night time before bed is when I usually make my biggest shake ice/whole milk/2scoopcasein/2 scoop gainer/oats/pb/maybe cocoanut oil. I know everyone's body is going to respond differently but am I on the right track.

This thread has educated me even further and I appreciate everyone's input! I am now doing my own research as well on this subject since I was completely uneducated before this on this subject.

Now, for 6 months or so I have not seen myself on the scale at more than 215lbs. Last night with a stomach full I weighed in 220lbs. I am eating an obscene amount of food that I am not used to. But I've learned for my body I have to work or eat twice as hard as some others. So much to where its unpleasant. Makes me feel sick, and I won't get into how many times I sh** a day! This morning I weighed 217.6 lbs right when I woke up. I'd sat I'm up about 3 lbs this week and I give credit to some of the changes I mentioned above and not to mention some of these awesome members we have on this thread!

I will stay tuned for knowledge but wanted to thank you guys on this thread who have opened my eyes to this subject!
    Thank you again all!
    Awesome!!! We provoked you to delve into the research yourself. That's the ultimate goal. The thing about nutrition, training and diet is its ALWAYS evolving there is no definitive answer otherwise we wouldn't be debating this hot topic Ultimately for you is get in more calories. Good luck man.

Keep an open mind, being narrow minded and saying you are the absolute truth on all things is the only flaw in debates. Not saying PC did that at all, he handled himself well and seems to have a lot of info to give. Just in general for the board quit pissing all over each other saying one is wrong or right especially based on "science". Science is always changing and the one study you use to back you up tomo, will have s study disproving it Thursday.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

Awesome!!! We provoked you to delve into the research yourself. That's the ultimate goal. The thing about nutrition, training and diet is its ALWAYS evolving there is no definitive answer otherwise we wouldn't be debating this hot topic Ultimately for you is get in more calories. Good luck man.

Keep an open mind, being narrow minded and saying you are the absolute truth on all things is the only flaw in debates. Not saying PC did that at all, he handled himself well and seems to have a lot of info to give. Just in general for the board quit pissing all over each other saying one is wrong or right especially based on "science". Science is always changing and the one study you use to back you up tomo, will have s study disproving it Thursday.

- Valdez
    Dodgy and classy. In the end the thread ended up well, we all got new literature different POVs and fun seeing some people take the internet personas seriously.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Dodgy and classy. In the end the thread ended up well, we all got new literature different POVs and fun seeing some people take the internet personas seriously.
    I didn't dodge anything. I said my piece, my opinion remains the same and will continue on as such. I utilize all tools available to me for my own use and those of the athletes I take part in training . Unless you're referring to me not answering your mindless bull ****. In which case, I don't have time for your antics. While you sit behind your, what I'm guessing is a child sized desk, typing to your internet "friends". I'm working with national, collegiate and, Olympian athletes under the direct tutelage of a US Olympic coach. So have fun playing pretend with your internet friends while those of us that contributed useful information, live it. Carry on...

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I didn't dodge anything. I said my piece, my opinion remains the same and will continue on as such. I utilize all tools available to me for my own use and those of the athletes I take part in training . Unless you're referring to me not answering your mindless bull ****. In which case, I don't have time for your antics. While you sit behind your, what I'm guessing is a child sized desk, typing to your internet "friends". I'm working with national, collegiate and, Olympian athletes under the direct tutelage of a US Olympic coach. So have fun playing pretend with your internet friends while those of us that contributed useful information, live it. Carry on...

- Valdez
    Oh no I don't need you to answer. I am enjoying your act at the moment, that which you shunned on me (acting high and mighty) is what you have become. I shall not, however fall into ad hominem as we are part of the same team and also...I do not really take mind or notion of your ideas of way of being. I like a more comprehensive and educated approach when it comes to posting and delivering knowledge
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

How are your lifts looking? Feel like you are ready?
    My lifts are okay. I have been trying to perfect my form and only training like this for a short time. I do think I am ready to get some numbers on the board to build off of. From what I hear the guys at the meets are very helpful so I am pumped for the experience.
  15. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That was an exciting read to get me through class
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

My lifts are okay. I have been trying to perfect my form and only training like this for a short time. I do think I am ready to get some numbers on the board to build off of. From what I hear the guys at the meets are very helpful so I am pumped for the experience.

Getting used to powerlifting bench is quite interesting.
    Controlled Labs Warder
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Once you get into it you don't wanna go back to bodybuilding bench press lol
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  18. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dodgy
    i think I had a bit of a dodgy egg yesterday for breakfast
  19. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    That was an exciting read to get me through class
    It is funny to say the least.

Once you get into it you don't wanna go back to bodybuilding bench press lol
    I despise it. I always hated barbell benching and now I despise it even more with a powerlifting set up, but I'll continue to do it anyways.

Not to mention the looks you get in a commercial gym (Golds for me) when getting set up.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I despise it. I always hated barbell benching and now I despise it even more with a powerlifting set up, but I'll continue to do it anyways.

Not to mention the looks you get in a commercial gym (Golds for me) when getting set up.
    People in commercial gyms think you have no idea what you are doing until you load a bunch of weight on the bar, lol
    Controlled Labs Warder
  21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

People in commercial gyms think you have no idea what you are doing until you load a bunch of weight on the bar, lol
    Unless you're me and your bench is terrible. Then they just assume you have no idea what you're doing.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

The funniest comments are:
    "Does it hurt to bend yourself that way to push up SOME more pounds?"
    "Aren't you cheating that way?"
    "Looks easy enough!" lol I love this one...specially trying to explain there's nothing easy about the amount of scapular activation needed for the static hold on the back...not to mention the degree of focus needed to execute the lift properly without letting the leg drive push your ass off the bench X_X
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Unless you're me and your bench is terrible. Then they just assume you have no idea what you're doing.

Keep at it. You will improve big time if your form is on point and you are committed.
    Controlled Labs Warder
  24. Elite Member

Or me...my bench blows.

The funniest comments are:
    "Does it hurt to bend yourself that way to push up SOME more pounds?"
    "Aren't you cheating that way?"
    "Looks easy enough!" lol I love this one...specially trying to explain there's nothing easy about the amount of scapular activation needed for the static hold on the back...not to mention the degree of focus needed to execute the lift properly without letting the leg drive push your ass off the bench X_X
    One guy told me I'd hurt my shoulders with tucking the elbows. Said I'd be better off flaring them out to maximally hit my chest.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  25. Elite Member

Or me...my bench blows.
    My bench was great prior to my bicep tendonitis. Now I can hardly do flat BB bench without it flaring up
    PES Representative
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

My bench was great prior to my bicep tendonitis. Now I can hardly do flat BB bench without it flaring up
    Mine was great prior to waking up this morning. Now I'm awake and have to deal with reality and ****.
  27. Elite Member

Mine was great prior to waking up this morning. Now I'm awake and have to deal with reality and ****.
    That first sentence gave me a laugh. Have had a few dreams of me benching big numbers, then I wake up and am pissed.
    PES Representative
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

- Valdez
    Science doesn't change; the methodologies, interpretations of data and study designs change hence the variations in results
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    Ben and Jerry's is the ultimate gainer in my experience.
    Ben and Jerrys Greek Yogurt Ice cream is so easy to mentally justify when grocery shopping in the offseason lol
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    facebook.com/iforcedave
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Wow this thread went all over lmao

Similar Forum Threads

1. wieght gainer or whole foods?
    By dannyszero in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
  2. On an Empty Stomach vs With Food Supps Question
    By skidalybop50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 03:30 PM