Gainers vs solid food

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Except Aragon also trains Olympians and elite athletes. But that isnt relevant to whether or not GI has actual application anyway.
    You're referring to the figure skater he constructed a diet for and the NBA basketball player?

    The relevance is the way the two completely different groups offer nutrition advice. Bodybuilding and aesthetic minded people hop on the first new idea that pops up. Yes, he trained a few athletes but his mainstay is aesthetic minded.

    On the other hand you have people that train Olympians during their quadrennial cycle who rely on what's been working for them to continually put out the best athletes they can. Why that is relevant is because that's what they teach. They don't just train an athlete here or there they are generating Olympians and do that their job.

    You are a believer in what Aragon attests to.

    I believe the sports dieticians with doctorates, masters degrees and years of producing the worlds top competitors over and over again.

    Like I said I personally use it as a tool nothing more.

    I'm doing this all from my phone and I had to restart this piece of **** once already resulting in texting all that twice. I may have missed a few parts lol

    Either way, agree to disagree. You think GI is bull ****, I think its a tool. There will probably be 15 studies proving it right and wrong for the next five years. Which is why I keep an eye on trending and try to remain as open minded as possible.

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position


  2. Aragon has a masters degree....


    Seeing as we have degenerated to ad hominem arguments, Im out
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    •   
       


  3. Lol I love seeing Valdez more upfront with his attitude. The fact that I agree with him that GI is not relevant is because I got schooled on an older thread by many members whom you suck up quite a lot fire buddy. The thing is, you never like being wrong and everyone knows you whine a lot !

    Sometimes we are wrong sometimes we are right, why derail this thread and insult people Valdez? Cheer up!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  4. How many top level bodybuilders use the "IIFYM"?

    thread/

    Powerlifting is slightly different but just look at what Dave Tate did after starting to work with John Meadows and eating clean.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  5. I dont believe blind IIFYM is the best way to eat either.

    How is that an /thread?


    It's like we were discussing one thing and you slammed home a point of an argument you were having in another thread.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I dont believe blind IIFYM is the best way to eat either.

    How is that an /thread?


    It's like we were discussing one thing and you slammed home a point of an argument you were having in another thread.
    agreed. no need to / thread. im enjoying this
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  7. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I dont believe blind IIFYM is the best way to eat either.

    How is that an /thread?

    It's like we were discussing one thing and you slammed home a point of an argument you were having in another thread.
    Just adding my input.

    Take it however you would like, I'm simply pointing out the top tier of the sport don't follow IIFYM. There's a reason they do not.

    Do track athletes speed train like Olympic athletes or do they just run around however they please? It's running so with the IIFYM, it should work, no?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  8. You guys are taking the /thread way to literal.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    You guys are taking the /thread way to literal.
    well when you say / thread, how else do you expect everyone to take it?
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  10. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    well when you say / thread, how else do you expect everyone to take it?
    I'm not telling everyone to stop posting....

    However, I made one point thats terribly hard to argue, top level guys don't use IIFYM.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I'm not telling everyone to stop posting....

    However, I made one point thats terribly hard to argue, top level guys don't use IIFYM.
    in that case, / thread
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  12. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    in that case, / thread
    You hot dog
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serio...ml#post5897056

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    I'm not telling everyone to stop posting....

    However, I made one point thats terribly hard to argue, top level guys don't use IIFYM.
    I don't know. I'm pretty damn close to top level (Olympic weightlifter, PLer, WSM competitor, and Olympia finalist) and I always do IIFYM while bulking. Its science.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol I love seeing Valdez more upfront with his attitude. The fact that I agree with him that GI is not relevant is because I got schooled on an older thread by many members whom you suck up quite a lot fire buddy. The thing is, you never like being wrong and everyone knows you whine a lot !

    Sometimes we are wrong sometimes we are right, why derail this thread and insult people Valdez? Cheer up!
    I don't suck up to anyone here, never have, unlike the way you gained the little bit of notoriety you have through ass kissing of the RB's that can't stand you anymore. My reason for my being "upfront with my attitude" is because I don't have time for your non-sense and to be honest, I have zero idea how you're even a rep. Your business practices, general regards to people and condescending attitude do nothing positive. If you truly care about SNS, quit.

    I'm not admitting I was wrong because there is no one TRUTH to nutrition. How about this you grab a sandwich and read a book instead of reading threads on an internet forum, then form your own opinion instead of dry humping everyone's opinion you think you can hide behind.

    I'm cheery, don't worry about me

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  15. Subbed!
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"

  16. Flawed and irrelevant are two different things.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  17. i am with Valdez on the use of the GI rating system. It's a base line for carbs, of course its not perfect but it can hlep a lot people. Currently I have a few clients with Diabetes adn the GI chart is great to help them with knowing carbs.

    I think both low and high GI carbs have a place in a diet. As most athletes would agree.

    To answer the original question though: Real Food vs Mass Gainer

    my thoughts are this, if you are a hard gainer you probably have a hard time taking in enough cals through solid food to maximize your gains. Thats why you use weight gainer and custom gainers. They are easy fast and you can add two a day with minimum effort or cost.

    Customizing with PB,Oats, Fruit, and other items is a good thing.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  18. Oohh i wanna weigh in. The G.I system is relevant, but only so when products are consumed indepedently but the 'rule' changes once you incorporate other foods (such as a protein or fat) which reduce the G.I load. Thus what was once a high G.I can actually have a low G.I. load which will impact blood sugar in a much different manner.

    Its not so much 'flawed', as it does hold weighting when foods are consumed independent of others but it should be noted that the G.I. load decreases once you incorporate fats or proteins.

  19. I can't answer your question, but up your mass IMO is one of the better gainers out.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    The biggest noticed difference was in endurance athletes. And obviously the presence of other macros have an effect on glucose response. That article doesn't take away from using the GI as a general guide line on how different carbs will respond.

    - Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Oohh i wanna weigh in. The G.I system is relevant, but only so when products are consumed indepedently but the 'rule' changes once you incorporate other foods (such as a protein or fat) which reduce the G.I load. Thus what was once a high G.I can actually have a low G.I. load which will impact blood sugar in a much different manner.

    Its not so much 'flawed', as it does hold weighting when foods are consumed independent of others but it should be noted that the G.I. load decreases once you incorporate fats or proteins.
    Right which was noted, up there ^^^

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

    I don't suck up to anyone here, never have, unlike the way you gained the little bit of notoriety you have through ass kissing of the RB's that can't stand you anymore. My reason for my being "upfront with my attitude" is because I don't have time for your non-sense and to be honest, I have zero idea how you're even a rep. Your business practices, general regards to people and condescending attitude do nothing positive. If you truly care about SNS, quit.

    I'm not admitting I was wrong because there is no one TRUTH to nutrition. How about this you grab a sandwich and read a book instead of reading threads on an internet forum, then form your own opinion instead of dry humping everyone's opinion you think you can hide behind.

    I'm cheery, don't worry about me

    - Valdez
    Lol this post was professional and mature. Anyhow, in a little different stroke. Do you consider the carb source relevant Valdez? And also meal frequency and timing?

    Just spiking discussion fire mate ;p you have to learn to take things calm, I am neither offending you or taking anything you say to matter unless it is about the subject .
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol this post was professional and mature. Anyhow, in a little different stroke. Do you consider the carb source relevant Valdez? And also meal frequency and timing?

    Just spiking discussion fire mate ;p you have to learn to take things calm, I am neither offending you or taking anything you say to matter unless it is about the subject .
    IMO meal timing has its place wrt pre + post meals. Not so much for energy as for activation of certain enzymes and preventing/ limiting protein degradation post w/o.


  23. Gainers and solid foods ftw! Problem solved.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. wieght gainer or whole foods?
    By dannyszero in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 06:47 PM
  2. On an Empty Stomach vs With Food Supps Question
    By skidalybop50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 05:30 PM
  3. 1-T Tren Xtreme muscle stack vs solid EPI cycle
    By qwerty33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 05:32 PM
  4. Liquid Nutrition VS Solid Foods
    By deuce747 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
  5. Free amino acids vs Whole foods
    By TheCrownedOne in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Log in
Log in