Gainers vs solid food

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I dont believe blind IIFYM is the best way to eat either.

    How is that an /thread?


    It's like we were discussing one thing and you slammed home a point of an argument you were having in another thread.
    agreed. no need to / thread. im enjoying this
    Performance Labs Product Specialist



  2. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I dont believe blind IIFYM is the best way to eat either.

    How is that an /thread?

    It's like we were discussing one thing and you slammed home a point of an argument you were having in another thread.
    Just adding my input.

    Take it however you would like, I'm simply pointing out the top tier of the sport don't follow IIFYM. There's a reason they do not.

    Do track athletes speed train like Olympic athletes or do they just run around however they please? It's running so with the IIFYM, it should work, no?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  3. You guys are taking the /thread way to literal.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    You guys are taking the /thread way to literal.
    well when you say / thread, how else do you expect everyone to take it?
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  5. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    well when you say / thread, how else do you expect everyone to take it?
    I'm not telling everyone to stop posting....

    However, I made one point thats terribly hard to argue, top level guys don't use IIFYM.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I'm not telling everyone to stop posting....

    However, I made one point thats terribly hard to argue, top level guys don't use IIFYM.
    in that case, / thread
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  7. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    in that case, / thread
    You hot dog
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

    I'm not telling everyone to stop posting....

    However, I made one point thats terribly hard to argue, top level guys don't use IIFYM.
    I don't know. I'm pretty damn close to top level (Olympic weightlifter, PLer, WSM competitor, and Olympia finalist) and I always do IIFYM while bulking. Its science.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol I love seeing Valdez more upfront with his attitude. The fact that I agree with him that GI is not relevant is because I got schooled on an older thread by many members whom you suck up quite a lot fire buddy. The thing is, you never like being wrong and everyone knows you whine a lot !

    Sometimes we are wrong sometimes we are right, why derail this thread and insult people Valdez? Cheer up!
    I don't suck up to anyone here, never have, unlike the way you gained the little bit of notoriety you have through ass kissing of the RB's that can't stand you anymore. My reason for my being "upfront with my attitude" is because I don't have time for your non-sense and to be honest, I have zero idea how you're even a rep. Your business practices, general regards to people and condescending attitude do nothing positive. If you truly care about SNS, quit.

    I'm not admitting I was wrong because there is no one TRUTH to nutrition. How about this you grab a sandwich and read a book instead of reading threads on an internet forum, then form your own opinion instead of dry humping everyone's opinion you think you can hide behind.

    I'm cheery, don't worry about me

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  10. Subbed!
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"

  11. Flawed and irrelevant are two different things.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

  12. i am with Valdez on the use of the GI rating system. It's a base line for carbs, of course its not perfect but it can hlep a lot people. Currently I have a few clients with Diabetes adn the GI chart is great to help them with knowing carbs.

    I think both low and high GI carbs have a place in a diet. As most athletes would agree.

    To answer the original question though: Real Food vs Mass Gainer

    my thoughts are this, if you are a hard gainer you probably have a hard time taking in enough cals through solid food to maximize your gains. Thats why you use weight gainer and custom gainers. They are easy fast and you can add two a day with minimum effort or cost.

    Customizing with PB,Oats, Fruit, and other items is a good thing.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  13. Oohh i wanna weigh in. The G.I system is relevant, but only so when products are consumed indepedently but the 'rule' changes once you incorporate other foods (such as a protein or fat) which reduce the G.I load. Thus what was once a high G.I can actually have a low G.I. load which will impact blood sugar in a much different manner.

    Its not so much 'flawed', as it does hold weighting when foods are consumed independent of others but it should be noted that the G.I. load decreases once you incorporate fats or proteins.

  14. I can't answer your question, but up your mass IMO is one of the better gainers out.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    The biggest noticed difference was in endurance athletes. And obviously the presence of other macros have an effect on glucose response. That article doesn't take away from using the GI as a general guide line on how different carbs will respond.

    - Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Oohh i wanna weigh in. The G.I system is relevant, but only so when products are consumed indepedently but the 'rule' changes once you incorporate other foods (such as a protein or fat) which reduce the G.I load. Thus what was once a high G.I can actually have a low G.I. load which will impact blood sugar in a much different manner.

    Its not so much 'flawed', as it does hold weighting when foods are consumed independent of others but it should be noted that the G.I. load decreases once you incorporate fats or proteins.
    Right which was noted, up there ^^^

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

    I don't suck up to anyone here, never have, unlike the way you gained the little bit of notoriety you have through ass kissing of the RB's that can't stand you anymore. My reason for my being "upfront with my attitude" is because I don't have time for your non-sense and to be honest, I have zero idea how you're even a rep. Your business practices, general regards to people and condescending attitude do nothing positive. If you truly care about SNS, quit.

    I'm not admitting I was wrong because there is no one TRUTH to nutrition. How about this you grab a sandwich and read a book instead of reading threads on an internet forum, then form your own opinion instead of dry humping everyone's opinion you think you can hide behind.

    I'm cheery, don't worry about me

    - Valdez
    Lol this post was professional and mature. Anyhow, in a little different stroke. Do you consider the carb source relevant Valdez? And also meal frequency and timing?

    Just spiking discussion fire mate ;p you have to learn to take things calm, I am neither offending you or taking anything you say to matter unless it is about the subject .
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol this post was professional and mature. Anyhow, in a little different stroke. Do you consider the carb source relevant Valdez? And also meal frequency and timing?

    Just spiking discussion fire mate ;p you have to learn to take things calm, I am neither offending you or taking anything you say to matter unless it is about the subject .
    IMO meal timing has its place wrt pre + post meals. Not so much for energy as for activation of certain enzymes and preventing/ limiting protein degradation post w/o.


  18. Gainers and solid foods ftw! Problem solved.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  19. "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Flawed and irrelevant are two different things.
    Yep. Unfortunately its utility is highly limited due to its flaws. It's a nice idea, it just didnt pan out.


    Claiming that bodybuilders use it is hilarious. Bodybuilders also use glutamine. Correlation does not imply causation.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    I've seen smaller and stronger women but she is indeed magnificent . How's the fat loss coming along? Good?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    I've seen smaller and stronger women but she is indeed magnificent . How's the fat loss coming along? Good?
    Meh, could be better.
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"

  23. Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post

    Meh, could be better.
    As long as it progressing! Keep it up!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    This is irrelevant. Aragon trains Olympians and professional athletes as well as bodybuilders. But Im no longer willing to continue this debate. Do what works for you
    In for Aragon's scientific studies on High GI/Low GI and effect on blood glucose levels in peer reviewed journals.

    otherwise...................

    experience and anecdotal observation does not equal scientific evidence, otherwise we'd still think the world is flat and the Sun revolves around it.

    I'll let you dig up those links
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  25. Well this thread had become very UN helpful to the op.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

  26. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    In for Aragon's scientific studies on High GI/Low GI and effect on blood glucose levels in peer reviewed journals.

    otherwise...................

    experience and anecdotal observation does not equal scientific evidence, otherwise we'd still think the world is flat and the Sun revolves around it.

    I'll let you dig up those links

    This would be great, assuming that there is any shred of proof that the GI works in a diet better than something else.

    Hint: this study doesnt exist


    You could easily look up work by other leading researchers in the nutrition field. Lyle McDonald has also written articles about all of the flaws with the GI.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  27. Straight from the Mayo Clinic: "The glycemic index doesn't rank foods according to how healthy they actually are. Indeed, some foods with the preferred lower GI ranking may, in fact, be less healthy because they contain large amounts of calories, sugar or saturated fat, especially packaged and processed foods. Both potato chips and ice cream, for instance, have a lower glycemic index ranking than do baked potatoes, even though baked potatoes are generally considered healthier. So while lower GI items may help blood sugar balance in those that have uncontrolled diets, choosing them indiscriminately could lead to other health problems.

    Other concerns
    One major concern with the glycemic index is that it ranks foods in isolation. But in reality, how your body absorbs and handles carbs depends on many factors, including how much you eat; how the food is ripened, processed or prepared; the time of day it's eaten; other foods you eat it with; and health conditions you may have, such as diabetes. So the glycemic index may not give an accurate picture of how one particular food affects your blood sugar. Glycemic load is a related concept that scores a food product based on both carb content and portion size. But the larger the portion size, the greater the calories consumed whether the glycemic index is high or low.
    It also can be difficult to follow a glycemic index diet on your own. For one thing, most foods aren't ranked by glycemic index. Packaged foods don't generally list their GI rank on the label, and it can be hard to estimate what it might be. And for some types of food, the glycemic index database has multiple entries — you may not be sure which entry is accurate."






    Does GI work if you have been eating garbage up until that point? Sure, any diet pretty much does. Does this mean it is a great dietary guideline? Not necessarily.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. wieght gainer or whole foods?
    By dannyszero in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 06:47 PM
  2. On an Empty Stomach vs With Food Supps Question
    By skidalybop50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 05:30 PM
  3. 1-T Tren Xtreme muscle stack vs solid EPI cycle
    By qwerty33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 05:32 PM
  4. Liquid Nutrition VS Solid Foods
    By deuce747 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
  5. Free amino acids vs Whole foods
    By TheCrownedOne in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Log in
Log in