Best Protein Powder

Lholden1220

Lholden1220

Awards
I have been using Optimum nutritions 100% whey after a workout for a while and was wondering if there was any other protein powder out there that is better to help add lean muscle. Nothing that will bloat me or add a bunch fat and must taste good. Just trying to hear some reviews on some other products before i just go and try something. Thanks!

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Trutein cumnabun- great tasting
I like dymatize iso-100
N use ON aswell...

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using Optimum nutritions 100% whey after a workout for a while and was wondering if there was any other protein powder out there that is better to help add lean muscle. Nothing that will bloat me or add a bunch fat and must taste good. Just trying to hear some reviews on some other products before i just go and try something. Thanks!
The brand of protein powder used isn't really going to determine how much lean muscle you add; any gains (including fat) should come from a caloric surplus. That being said, I choose my protein powder based mainly on taste. The brands I use most often are XF UP 2.0, Protean, Pronom, Giant Sports, and Myofusion.

There's protein on the way from USPlabs as well. You can put in an app for the chance to become a beta tester by following the link below. There's also a crazy giveaway for year's supply!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/226545-beta-test-usplabs.html

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ProNom, Giant Sports, and Combat Powder get my vote.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been rotating between Optimum 100% Natural Whey and Isopure Natural Whey. I'm slowly getting over my fear of artificial sweeteners and trying to branch out to other proteins.

Any recommendations on proteins sweetened with Stevia only?
I believe SAN Raw Fusion uses Stevia. I liked the taste of the vanilla samples that I've tried. However, it's a plant based protein, which isn't something that interests me.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
I like myofusion, myofusion probatic, Elite and ON whey

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bar none my favorite is Beverly Intl UMP

I also really like the Xtreme Formulations line

Plus, by fall of this year we will be getting back into the protein game and our never before seen flavor is INSANELY good. Bill and I are hooked.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I don't worry too much on mine, i use TP's bulk whey or need2whey (better flave, but not iso).
Gonna try out LG's in the cooming weeks and hope thats good too! missed the LG protein for a while now.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Dynamize nutritions Iso-100

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Optimum hydro whey or hydro builder. Chocolate tastes good. Hydro builder also has extra goodies like creatine, betaine and other goodies to build muscle.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One protein isn't going to give you better gains than another, because that is dependant of your diet overall. With that being said my vote goes for Protean, PROniom, XF and SAN.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
A 5 lb jug of Ronnie Coleman's protein fell into my lap and its damn tasty. Not a terrible profile either just very expensive .

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You might want to check out Gut Health, which I believe is still on sale at NP. The old version was a staple of mine and did a great job reducing gas and bloating. I'm already noticing less gas a few days into the latest version :)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Not to hijack the thread and change the topic but does anyone experience stomach distress and bloat from their proteins?

I have been getting a really bad stomach bloat and cramps in my stomach which I originally thought was due to coffee but I'm starting to think its my Optimum Natural Whey causing the problem. Any thoughts or suggestions? Could it be the blend of their whey that's causing distress?

The only other new supplement I have recently introduced to my body is Anabeta Elite.
Have you given iForce Protean a try? My brother has a lot of stomach issues but doesn't have any issues with Protean.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Monster milk by cytosports is the best bang for the protein, IF you can catch a sale. When lean bulking I usually buy some on sale/special, along with a big tub of optimum whey, and I put 2 scoops monster milk, 1 scoop ON whey, and a cup of milk plus some water and ice....tastes good as hell and its 80+ grams of protein. twice a day. Just picked up three 4 lb tubs of Monster milk, one 5 lb tub of ON whey, and 2 Monster Amino (expensive but its a well flavored 8:1:1 BCAA formula...again "when its on sale....") since "this one place" offered 20% off. This sale happened the day before I start my 6 weeks of SD mid-cycle and my 4000+ calorie portion. It was written in the stars I guess......:D

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Has anyone try the chocolate peanut butter by Muscle pharm or the chocolate milk. Thinking about pickin some up. N is thicker consistency cuz that's what I'm lookin for. Looks like a nice blend

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has anyone try the chocolate peanut butter by Muscle pharm or the chocolate milk. Thinking about pickin some up. N is thicker consistency cuz that's what I'm lookin for. Looks like a nice blend
I've had s'mores and cookies&cream, which I believe mixed thinner than most blends. They're delicious though.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any recommendations on proteins sweetened with Stevia only?
Bluebonnet or Jay Robb Whey Protein Isolate both have Stevia. Kind of pricey but you use less and you can find better pricing by looking around the Internet.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Protean is definitely my go-to (ordered 12 pounds of it and then joined Team iForce :D).

It's a quality blend of five great proteins (whey concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate as well as micellar casein and milk protein isolate) and the flavoring system is unmatched. I also like the unique flavors - Vanilla Mint Swirl and Red Velvet Cake - when my palate is craving something unique.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than looking for Made in USA(not sourced from China,India,etc) Isolate and GMP or similar certified with minimal fillers does it really matter whose protein it is?

I use Ultimate Nutrition Iso Sensation 93 unflavored due to the above.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Can't go wrong with Trutein cinnabun. Vanilla isn't too bad either. I want to try Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup sometime if it's ever in stock when I am ready to reorder. I haven't seen it mentioned but Gaspari Myofusion has never let me down. First flavor I tried was chocolate mint in the regular version and I loved it. I also have tried the pro-biotic Myofusion Cinnamon Roll and also liked it. Right now I am using Myofusion Elite series(isolate basically) peanut butter cookie dough and love it. First taste was different but ever since it has been awesome. Also currently using Cellucor COR-Performance whey Cinnamon Swirl and it's pretty good. My latest order is a tub of the Cellucor peanut butter marshmallow and a tub of MusclePharm combat oder cookies and cream. Hoping those are good.

I have tried Protean red velvet cake like some others have mentioned and wasn't overly impressed with it. ON is always good quality but kind of underflavored in my opinion. MGM nutrition used to be a great protein I used to order as well as All The Whey. Never tried MuscleMilk and don't like the profile. More calories than I want from my protein and I have seen old reports showing it has large amounts of metals in it

I have tried many others and could go on all day but those are the current favorites of mine.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
A lot of people are confused about muscle milk and monster milk. They both have 310 cals per 2 scoops but the "monster" has 50 grams protein vs 32 in "muscle". pretty damn good profile and it tastes good with those extra fats ;) on sale of course lol.....