Creatine, yay or nay? - AnabolicMinds.com

Creatine, yay or nay?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Creatine, yay or nay?

How many of you guys having Creatine as a staple and how important is it?

I have been using it for a while but don't "feel" a difference... I do 3-5g post workout

I've never much liked creatine.ive even tried the pills. My stomach doesn't agree with it. Just leaves me feeling bloated and flat. Nay
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Creatine all day everyday. Mono does have a rep for digestive tract irritation, though there are other options. We at FinaFlex offer a patented buffered creatine called Creatrona, good stuff. Seriously though creatine is good for a whole slew of positive health aspects besides "cell volumization"
    Independent Review
    •   

Reputation Reputation

I cycle on n off with it
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.

It is my understanding that the body produces creatine simply based of the building blocks that you provide thorough your diet. The average person produces around a gram a day with body builders producing even more. It's is a slow process however. There are also limiting factors that can decrease production and when taking supplement the body will shut Dow or at least slow the creatine creation process. On the upside as soon as supplements are discontinued the body will turn production back on. So if you feel like you need more creatine take the supps, my thoughts are to cycle off/on as I would with any supplementation so as to give my body ample time to remember how to process and envelope creatine.
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

IMO its a definite must have. so many studies and proven effective. its so cheap why not
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I respond well to it. I don't notice it until not using it for an extended period of time. I don't cycle on or off, I just take it on workout days since I'm already saturated. if I don't workout for 3 days, I don't take it for 3 days.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I respond well to it. I don't notice it until not using it for an extended period of time. I don't cycle on or off, I just take it on workout days since I'm already saturated. if I don't workout for 3 days, I don't take it for 3 days.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    If it doesn't do much for you, then I guess it is not very important. I have heard that some get good results and others hardly notice a thing. I have used it for years and do notice more muscle fullness.

How important is it to me!?
    Would I substitute it for squats or deads? NOPE, NO WAY...! No supplement has done more for me, than screwing my head down tight, and hitting these bigger exercises pretty hard over time with plain good old food.
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just started my loading phase yesterday. 1000g of mono for 20$, cheaaaaapppppppp

Reputation Reputation

I like creatine. I use it when I remeber. Lol. Except for recently when a thread questioned if 3 to 5g was enough. Im now using 5g 5 times a day. I have to say I seem more swollen. Keep in mind I started dopadex and forskolin recently. I doubt either of those would contribute to the volumization im getting but not sure cause its the 1st time running them.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes for creatine. If some of you are getting GI Issues from it, look into Genomyx Creignite or MCC. I personally do not get the bad sides from creatine, but I am very interested in trying Creignite, which has other goodies in it also
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I've always been off and on with creatine because I never really noticed much from it. Lately I've been taking between 10 and 20g a day and have noticed an increase in size and strength. So I'm gonna stick with this for a while
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Yes for creatine. If some of you are getting GI Issues from it, look into Genomyx Creignite or MCC. I personally do not get the bad sides from creatine, but I am very interested in trying Creignite, which has other goodies in it also
    Same here very much interested in Creignite. But creatine mono is such a proven supplement I don't see why people don't use it. I switch up my creatine all the time though but usually stick with good old mono. Except I do know some people as stated get GI issues.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

Overrated. People use it because its dirt cheep and lets you pull off that extra rep or two due to more efficient energy utilization. So far i haven't seen a single study supporting long term results in terms of lean mass gains. All studies i read measure muscle girth when fully creatine loaded, no fkin **** they are gonna be bigger then.

Other than that its got a dozen of other health benefits, but hey there are about 1000 other stuff you could also be taking that provides general health benefits. By the end of the day you'll be popping pills like theres no tomorrow. There is nothing "special" about this one.
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.

I respond very good to,it. I usually just take it like throwing a scoop of greenmag into my xtend during workouts..
    i recently i took 6 weeks off. Then i tried loading, never done that, 4x5g daily for a week. Holy crap, 1/2 inch gains on my arms and 5 lbs gain..intramuscular water offcoruse, but that was more impressive than rpn havoc, the only cycle i ever did, which gave me 7lbs of fat and water during a bulk, and 2lbs and no recomp effect during a recomp test.
    Decided it was pointless to use hormoes after that, too expensive and hassle screwing up hormones for so little,,

Now i use 5-10g daily, it seems i need more mono than other types.

Using just 3-5g takes about 4-5 weeks to yield a little, loading makes it more fun..
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its hard to say I notice anything from creatine or feel ay different. TBH I feel like many people supplement with it without a real idea of how to benefit from it; often BBers may use it but since rest periods are often low (30-60s) this isn't enough time for the body to fully restore PCr stores therefore the body switches to glycolysis.

Strength + power athletes imo, get more benefit out of it as rest periods are much longer, thus allowing for full restoration of PCr and, as Creatine increases PCr capacity, it should translate into more reps.

I'd love to see what @JudoJosh thinks about this.
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

As was mentioned already, I really notice creatine supplementation when I cease it. I never cycle off of it anymore; there's just no good reason to. I may come off for a week or two a year, but that's only because I get tired of supplementing and take a break from all of them. Otherwise, I'm on. Preferred form is monohydrate; I rarely go with anything else anymore.

I know plenty don't like the company, but cellucor is launching a new version of m5 with a creatine nitrate and creatine magnapower mixture, with vitargo type carbs that you'll be able to stack with a pre workout (I really wana try it with condense! ) but hey, the planet carries their products now so we'll eventually be able to get a really great price on it! Like their bcaas! Also I really like musclepharm creatine blend, lasts forever doesn't make me bloat!
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

MCC by SNS
    Creatona by Finaflex
    C-bol by Thermolife

All quality choices and should avoid any GI distress
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have been using it for a while but don't "feel" a difference... I do 3-5g post workout
    I loved clout...

We brought back orotic acid in our product cause clout was just that good...

Genomyx CreIgnite is delicious and no gi issues
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Not sure why creatine is getting such a bad rap with a lot of you guys. Sure we all read the research suggesting its efficacy with short duration energy expenditure and not so with extended muscle contractions. So we know that most weight lifters have sufficient rest periods for it to work like it should. If youre running for long periods or even doing back to back exercises like in crossfit or circuit training it may not be effective. That said creatine is a huge deal. Also, I hate when people make statements of the sort saying that it only adds water weight. Your body is made primarily of water anyways so this argument is self defeating. Creatine is awesome, period. Get yer a s s e s some creatrona and we'll make you a believer!
    Independent Review
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Creatine is cool. It doesn't have a big effect on me, but a minor boost for basically pennies a month can't hurt. Also it helps with my back pumps.
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Not sure why creatine is getting such a bad rap with a lot of you guys. Sure we all read the research suggesting its efficacy with short duration energy expenditure and not so with extended muscle contractions. So we know that most weight lifters have sufficient rest periods for it to work like it should. If youre running for long periods or even doing back to back exercises like in crossfit or circuit training it may not be effective. That said creatine is a huge deal. Also, I hate when people make statements of the sort saying that it only adds water weight. Your body is made primarily of water anyways so this argument is self defeating. Creatine is awesome, period. Get yer a s s e s some creatrona and we'll make you a believer!
    The body is predominantly water yes, but its where the water is held that some people have an issue with. And of course Creatine is effective, it was merely a hypothesis on whether or not it is as effective in a certain situation.
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Didn't read any other post but creatine mono hydrate is the most clinically proven /studied supp available.
    Not taking it is only potting yourself at a disadvantage.
    Increased lbm thru increased protein synthesis, increased recovery... Need I continue
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    The body is predominantly water yes, but its where the water is held that some people have an issue with. And of course Creatine is effective, it was merely a hypothesis on whether or not it is as effective in a certain situation.
    Jiigzz I would never make it a habit to question your statements cuz I know you know your shyt. Point taken on where the retention occurs may not be for some. Carry on
    Independent Review
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i use it cuz its cheap but im convinced im a non responder....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Creatine has without a doubt worked for me in the past and I could certainly feel a difference, as of lately not so much. Not to put Myogenix on blast but I have been using their 500g jug of micronized creatine and I have felt no difference whatsoever using it compared to other creatine monos I have used in the past, where I indeed felt a difference. It may very well boil down to the company and their quality of creatine.
    What is your favorite brand
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Definitely a staple for me, first supplement I ever used and it's what made me see the merit in supplementation and desire to try more, saw definite results from mono, switched to creature powder to limit bloat, have creigmite on route to try it out
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Creatine is a must. Most people who don't "see results" want it to have an immediate, intense response.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

Definitely a staple. EAS labeled creatine mono was my first supplement about 15 years ago. Now label is mostly irrelevant but still a staple
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Jiigzz I would never make it a habit to question your statements cuz I know you know your shyt. Point taken on where the retention occurs may not be for some. Carry on
    FTR I love creatine, its cheap and tried-and-true.
    It works well in RST type situations which is probably the closest type of work: rest periods comparable with bodybuilding. Sorta.

The first time I used it (10-15 years ago) I had great result but after that not so much... I have a bunch of bulk from NP but thinking of stopping cuz I really don't feel a differance..?
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post

I use to go to a local supplement shop down the street where the owner would make his own supplements and I had a lot of success with his brand. Besides that I have used ProLabs Creatine Mono which delivered good results as well, I have tried Muscle Pharms Creatine which was ok but way to expensive. To be honest I have not really used a diverse amount of creatine so I would be interested in what you have used and which one delivered results for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Creatine is a must. Most people who don't "see results" want it to have an immediate, intense response.
    Like dw said, I don't really see that immediate intense response. I look bigger and Fuller, and can usually bust out a few more reps or slightly more weight.
    I buy just about any creatine that's cheap, I believe I'm using sns right now, bought a kilo of it.

I mostly use creatine for the recovery and gains*, like I said I don't see any ridiculous immediate response but I can definitely notice increased strength.

*a hydrated muscle is an anabolic muscle
    *it's been proven to: decrease soreness,
    Increase lbm
    Increase protein synthesis

I wrote my twenty page capstone paper on it. I'm sold on creatine, without a doubt
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.

I don't see why creatine shouldn't be considered as a staple in any strength training program. Whether it be Creatine Mono vs. all the different ester+Creatine products, thats up to individual preference. I for one found creatine monohydrate to be the most effective in composite gains in both mass and strength. Also whether it be from a very strict diet and nutrient optimization, but w/ creatine I experienced faster recovery from harder workouts( significant increase in endurance after 10 days, pushing past plateaus and failures).

You shouldn't need really need more that 5 grams a day, as it has been suggested by various studies. Thus loading phase and anything over 10 grams/day is IMO a waste of money, unless you're carrying some serious mass and training at a competitive level. But I'm 5'5 and at the time 155 lbs, so 5-7 grams was perfect for me.

I agree with the post above. The studies, the longevity of creatine in the industry makes it a must have supplement, especially if it's a cost effective creatine mono product.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

My vote is an absolute yay, my five go to supplements for enhancing size and performance

creatine monohydrate
    arachidonic acid
    beta alanine
    creatinol-o-phosphate
    and of course whey protein
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

I don't see how this is even a question. It's one of the most studied supplements out there... If you don't trust/believe in using it for strength/size/recovery I wouldn't trust anything else..
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    My vote is an absolute yay, my five go to supplements for enhancing size and performance

creatine monohydrate
    arachidonic acid
    beta alanine
    creatinol-o-phosphate
    and of course whey protein
    Creatin-o-phosphate? Why is that necessary if your already saturated with creatine?
    My current UNsponsored PES EP cutting log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBelt View Post
    Creatin-o-phosphate? Why is that necessary if your already saturated with creatine?
    You can read up about COP in the Peak Beta+ write up, aside from similarities in name, creatinol-o-phosphate isnt a form of creatine, it is an ergogen much like beta alanine (I personally rarely use beta alanine as of late due to prefering COP) that shines for muscular endurance.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/m...-180-caps.html
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I would never NOT use creatin, i never "noticed" anything, cept some bloat when at high doses. but i know its working and its cheap so why wouldent i? :-)

i just use soem bulk creatin either MH1000 or some bulk mono from tp.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine.... Yay? or Nay?
    By Elizabeth0215 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM
  2. Superman Returns 2006 - Suit: yay or nay?
    By Y2Jversion1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 02:55 PM
  3. Catfish...yay or nay?
    By rampage jackson in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 01:03 AM
  4. Hot Sauce Yay or Nay?
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2003, 09:02 PM