making my own supplements, tyrosine or acetyl tyrosine

broons

Awards
  • Established
Well, Nat being acetylated should make it more water soluble. Other than that, there's probably not enough difference to balance the increased cost.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
In terms of cost efficiency yes. Otherwise NAT would be preferable over regular tyrosine because it serves as an acetyl source.
It doesn't look like the position of acetate on the NAT molecule would really lend itself to donation in the CNS. The position would also restrict utilization of BBB transporters typically associated with a bound acetate (e.g. ALCAR).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I figured out the correct dose for me using the acetyl tyrosine. I cut back on the yohimbe because I found some 6-10mg grams scoops. I didnt want to overdue it but it was hard because of the scoops I have. I love the yohimbe hcl but it does worry me, I was taking too much. Do you guys know recommended daily dose of yohimbe hcl? My supplement stack has cayenne pepper in it, which is known to prevent and stop heart attacks. I would like to up the yohimbe just a little but want to be safe.
Ideal dose is 0.2mg/kg.