The quality of Universal Nutrition???

MistaFunnyMan

MistaFunnyMan

Awards
I have seen many ads on Universal Nutrition and Universal Animal.

What are peoples thoughts on these 2 joint brands? Im looking for reliable supps but cant seem to get past the muscletech **** ads and bollocks you get from maximuscle :p

anyone used universal nutrition and seen good results?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally enjoy their products and think they are a good bunch of guys. I have never used FLEX, their joint support, but have read good reviews on it. There is a reason they have been around since 1977.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
They've been around forever. Good reputation and make some solid products IMO. I love Animal Flex

MistaFunnyMan

MistaFunnyMan

Awards
I personally enjoy their products and think they are a good bunch of guys. I have never used FLEX, their joint support, but have read good reviews on it. There is a reason they have been around since 1977.
cheers :) a simple direct answer. Much appreciated.

Awards
  • Established
I liked animal flex as well. I will warn you, they make the absolute worst casein powder I've ever tasted. Nothing can mask the horrid flavor. It was the only protein I've ever thrown away... And I've had tons of protein in my life.

MistaFunnyMan

MistaFunnyMan

Awards
I liked animal flex as well. I will warn you, they make the absolute worst casein powder I've ever tasted. Nothing can mask the horrid flavor. It was the only protein I've ever thrown away... And I've had tons of protein in my life.
I will keep away from their casein then ha ha. A lot of people seem very keen on the ANIMAL line. How about the universal products which arent Animal Flex, Animal Pump etc.

I saw Shock Therapy and few people raved about it.

MistaFunnyMan

MistaFunnyMan

Awards
I will keep away from their casein then ha ha. A lot of people seem very keen on the ANIMAL line. How about the universal products which arent Animal Flex, Animal Pump etc.

I saw Shock Therapy and few people raved about it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
used to use some of their stuff, but it's not anywhere near the best stuff available....i don't buy anything from those brands anymore

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shock Therapy isn't bad. It tastes awful though. And their whey protein is disgusting. A lot of better options out there honestly.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Achilles is good. Also I take Orange Triad as my multi and it has chond and gluco and I get plenty of fish oil. Animal flex isn't bad though.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
used to use some of their stuff, but it's not anywhere near the best stuff available....i don't buy anything from those brands anymore
By those do you mean Universal/Animal or specific types of companies?

I have had the old Shock Therapy and Storm before and thought they tasted pretty good. Atomic 7 tastes awesome, just like gatorade! Never had their protein though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By those do you mean Universal/Animal or specific types of companies?

I have had the old Shock Therapy and Storm before and thought they tasted pretty good. Atomic 7 tastes awesome, just like gatorade! Never had their protein though.
yeah animal/universal.....i used to use shock therapy, storm, animal m stak, i've had their weight gainer....wasn't too impressed, but they used to be a sponser here and had some awesome reps

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe Animal is a great company in the sense that they have awesome reps and customer service, put out some great ads and training stuff, and I believe you are actually getting whats on the labels of their products.

As far as their products go, some are still good editions. To this day, FLEX has been one of my favorite joint products. Animal Rage and Animal Pump are solid products but are slightly out of date and could use a few revisions. Other formulas need to be completely redone such as Animal Pack.

perez47

perez47

Awards
Most of my supps are universal products. One of my customers at work works for universal so I get them direct for a good price. I've personally have had no problem as far as taste when it comes to their proteins or BCAA's and for me they mixed really well. As for the animal line I've only taken the pack, rage and pump. Pump was alright but I wouldn't buy it at regular price. Overall they're a great company with quality products

Younglifter16

Awards
Shock Therapy isn't bad. It tastes awful though. And their whey protein is disgusting. A lot of better options out there honestly.
that was the old version, I tried all 3 flavors of the new version and they taste phenominal. Great new formula too.

animal/universal are good to go, they got some really good stuff and give back to the community.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of my supps are universal products. One of my customers at work works for universal so I get them direct for a good price. I've personally have had no problem as far as taste when it comes to their proteins or BCAA's and for me they mixed really well. As for the animal line I've only taken the pack, rage and pump. Pump was alright but I wouldn't buy it at regular price. Overall they're a great company with quality products
your avi reminds me....not that it really matters but animal has one of the coolest logo shirts in the industry....animal, species, i force all make cool looking shirts

ClaudioAnimal

ClaudioAnimal

Awards
Universal nutrition are the best supplements out there IMO
I tried many brands and they're not as good as universal, especially the animal line products.
I only use universal and I tried a lot of their products, they're the best seriously, just not to mention that animal line style of products make bodybuilding look like a very tough sport which is not for everyone and i like that a lot. Their merchandise is also very badass to wear either inside or outside the gym

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
I've used the new shock therapy and enjoyed it, also love storm if you want a great creatine! Animal stak was the first test boostee I tried and its decent, animal pak is overhyped. Flex and omega are amazing!! Asude from flax burps... pm is really good too!'

zv3

zv3

Awards
I would consider Universal one of the origin supplement companies and they make solid products. It's a little hard to tell which supps are which due to the same color scheme (black and yellow) on all of their products, but their stuff is solid. Love the liver pills.

They have good stuff, but when I see all of their items lined up on a website every single one looks the same, which puts me off a little. I would says their line needs a refresh, but it's the commitment to keeping things the same which is also admirable.