Too much betaine?

Drock1234

Awards
I consumed:
2 scoops Origin
0.75 scoop Craze
1.5 scoops Purple Wraath
2.25 g Alcar

Total betaine I'm guessing is around 3500 mg. None of the supps are new individually but the combination is new to me.

Just yacked balls before I could leave for the gym. Too much TMG or something else you think?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
From what I've read, Beta Alanine and also ALCAR mixed with Craze could be an issue. I'd try without Purple Wraath first. I'd probably also try only 1 scoop Origin if it's neither of those.

edit: actually just read a thread about Craze and BA. Seems they found BA + Craze diminished performance over each individually. No stomach issues.

Drock1234

Awards
Thanks man, I read that thread too. Yeah I'll give it another shot because I think some people dose TMG way higher. Hope I didnt catch a bug. ::knock on wood::

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Definitely not too much betaine. It's fairly benign anyway

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've dosed up to 5g Betaine before with no issues. Hope you aren't coming down with the sickness that has been destroying people around here lately. :(

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is betaine the same as tmg? I have betaine powder, and tmg caps I bought a while ago.

Mike

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Betain and TMG are the same thing. Betaine HCL is different.

Drock1234

Awards
Update: tried the same stack today and killed it at the gym. No stomach issues. Must have been an off morning. Thanks for the replies everyone- I've never consumed as much TMG at one time, so it was just a random guess.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yes
there are many forms of betaine, actually - not just hcl/tmg
The only forms I am aware of are TMG/Betaine and Betaine HCL. I've also purchased bulk beet root powder from Mountain Rose Herbs.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
The only forms I am aware of are TMG/Betaine and Betaine HCL. I've also purchased bulk beet root powder from Mountain Rise Herbs.
http://www.excentials.com/site/exc-latest-news-betaine-hcl-betakey-anhydrous-wpc-2012-uk/$FILE/Biological-Evaluation-of-Different-Betaine-Sources-(Suarez-et-al),-Poster-WPC-2012.pdf

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good info in here, appreciated!