USP Labs Super Cissus which way is better to dose for tendons ?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Over the past few years I've used a few brands of cissus for helping prevent tendon and joint
pain and I have always dosed it according to label recommendations which is on an empty
stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal. USP labs was the first brand that I used then
it was Primaforce, and in Oct. and Nov. of 2012 I used 2 jars of SNS cissus and this worked
well on some knee pain that I was having at the time.

I picked up 4 jars of USP Labs cissus and the directions say to take 2 caps with a meal twice
a day I used 2 jars dosing this way but I ended up with tendon pain in my bicep and pain in
shoulder. I have taken a six week break from cissus since I had been taking it for a little over
4 months straight so I wanted to know when I start back this week with the 2 jars that I have
should I go back to dosing on an empty stomach like I have done in the past when USP Labs
had different dosing directions. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Over the past few years I've used a few brands of cissus for helping prevent tendon and joint
pain and I have always dosed it according to label recommendations which is on an empty
stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal. USP labs was the first brand that I used then
it was Primaforce, and in Oct. and Nov. of 2012 I used 2 jars of SNS cissus and this worked
well on some knee pain that I was having at the time.

I picked up 4 jars of USP Labs cissus and the directions say to take 2 caps with a meal twice
a day I used 2 jars dosing this way but I ended up with tendon pain in my bicep and pain in
shoulder. I have taken a six week break from cissus since I had been taking it for a little over
4 months straight so I wanted to know when I start back this week with the 2 jars that I have
should I go back to dosing on an empty stomach like I have done in the past when USP Labs
had different dosing directions. Any info would be very much appreciated.
I've always taken mine before meals, about 10-15minutes before. Taking with food could help alleviate possible stomach discomfort but I've always taken it before meals. In the morning and before bed.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always taken mine before meals, about 10-15minutes before. Taking with food could help alleviate possible stomach discomfort but I've always taken it before meals. In the morning and before bed.
That's how I normally take mine as well. I've tried it with meals in the past and didn't notice a difference in the product's effectiveness.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Completely agree here as well. I've actually gone as long as 30 mins (got distracted) before eating!

I usually do the 10-15 min b4 breakfast and same around dinner. Try it out and let us know bud!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have always dosed it in the past just like everyone mentioned here on an empty stomach and it
worked well for me that way except for the last 2 jars I dosed with food because new label directions
but I will go back to dosing the old way empty stomach and hopefully it will get rid of this nagging
bicep tendonitis which after a 5 week training break it still hasn't heeled up but hopefully it will once
I get back on cissus on an empty stomach. Thanks again everyone for your advice.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
What are the benefits of dosing it 15 minutes pre meal?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it absorbs better on an empty stomach but I could be mistaken all the cissus supplements that I
have used over the past few years state on the jar to dose about 30 min before a meal even USP Labs
Super Cissus that use to be in a box less jar and then when they packaged it in a box it was the same
dosing directions until now when they removed the box they give different dosing directions which is dose
with food.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I've always taken mine with food and never experienced any issues or lack in effectiveness of the product.

My last prep I was running 9 pills a day dosed at 3/3/3 and everything was just gliding like butter!

This says big things about SuperCissus RX because when I'm depleted and very low body fat, everything becomes just a bit more delicate (i.e not as much cushioning and the joints tend to dry out a bit.)

Top notch stuff!

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
If you have an existing condition, I would recommend starting with a loading phase for a week or two of 6-9 capsules a day and then taper back down to a maintenance phase of 4 pills a day.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will try 6 for the first 2 weeks 3 in the a.m. and 3 in the p.m. but I am going back to
dosing on an empty stomach and hopefully I can get rid of this nagging tendonitis in
my left bicep. Thanks for the info.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I will try 6 for the first 2 weeks 3 in the a.m. and 3 in the p.m. but I am going back to
dosing on an empty stomach and hopefully I can get rid of this nagging tendonitis in
my left bicep. Thanks for the info.
How did the dosing go for you?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When i was at the point of no longer training due to wrist and arm pain.. my last ditch effort was 6 caps for a month.. 4 caps next month.. then 4 caps again.. then bulk powder. Now i use joint help. Have had zero issues since except for the occasional acute.injury which joint help resolves damn fast.

Super cissus rx was very very good when i used it.. ive just found paractin to be far superior.

Mike

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been dosing 6 caps all this time but it still hasn't gotten rid of that nagging shoulder
and bicep pain. I have been just training around it. I just added Joint Rehab by AAEFX about
a week ago and when I finish the last few doses of USP LABS Cissus I am changing brands.
I am going with SNS this brand worked on some knee issues I was having early last Oct so I
am going back to that brand.

bossman523

Banned
Awards
i am thinking of looking into this because of some shoulder and elbow issues that i've been having recently.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am thinking of looking into this because of some shoulder and elbow issues that i've been having recently.
Hi bossman523. I highly recommend that you do. Super Cissus is the one supplement that I won't go without. After years of lifting, my elbows got to the point where I had to roll out of bed to avoid putting pressure on them. They're currently feeling great and no longer limit what I can do, both in and out of the gym.

bossman523

Banned
Awards
thanks Breezy. i'll look into it on my next trip to nutraplanet.com

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks Breezy. i'll look into it on my next trip to nutraplanet.com
No problem man. Good luck with your shoulder and elbow issues.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Breezy pretty much covered it. Elbow+Shoulder pain may be biceps tendinitis, which I have first hand experience with. Back in my college ball days Cissus was great for this problem.

bossman523

Banned
Awards
i was told the shoulder is probably bursitis, but i suspect i have some tendonitis going on in the elbow