Help - Supps for social anxiety

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,Not sure who else to ask this question. I don't know another group of people as intelligent and widely read as you. I don't suffer anxiety and I'm pretty confident in my abilities generally, but what I don't like and never have is being in situations involving a new group of people, particularly professionals. In the past I've managed to get away with this, but now in my career I'm expected to join and run meetings/teams of people in situations where I have little knowledge of the subject.I ran a meeting today and the feedback from the Partner who leads the work was that I did not inspire confidence. I felt this because I was never in complete control because it was a group meeting involving a client. My mind was jumping around and couldn't think of the next word and there were many pauses. The meeting wasn't fast paced and sharp, possibly because my voice was monotone.So what supplements, Noept, bacopa etc, have people taken that have helped in these sorts of situations? Beyond supplements, are there any hints or tips that have proved effective for them.Any advice at all is welcome - this will greatly affect my career and could be the difference between being promoted in a years time or notThanks

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Another thread around here mentions Focus-XT and it's benefits in this area.

scrapedshinz

scrapedshinz

Awards
Hi guys,Not sure who else to ask this question. I don't know another group of people as intelligent and widely read as you. I don't suffer anxiety and I'm pretty confident in my abilities generally, but what I don't like and never have is being in situations involving a new group of people, particularly professionals. In the past I've managed to get away with this, but now in my career I'm expected to join and run meetings/teams of people in situations where I have little knowledge of the subject.I ran a meeting today and the feedback from the Partner who leads the work was that I did not inspire confidence. I felt this because I was never in complete control because it was a group meeting involving a client. My mind was jumping around and couldn't think of the next word and there were many pauses. The meeting wasn't fast paced and sharp, possibly because my voice was monotone.So what supplements, Noept, bacopa etc, have people taken that have helped in these sorts of situations? Beyond supplements, are there any hints or tips that have proved effective for them.Any advice at all is welcome - this will greatly affect my career and could be the difference between being promoted in a years time or notThanks

It sounds to me like your biggest issue is being able to focus when you're in a social environment with those who you've not yet met. This is somewhat different than traditional social anxiety, so I'd say you should handle it differently also.

How do you react to stimulants -- do you find they give you a benefit in focus? An overall improvement in well being from nootropics would possibly help also.

Give SNS Focus XT a shot (it's well priced) and see if it makes any difference. If so but you want more, you could look at other nootropics.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I think one thing that really helped me was being on an anti-depressant for a while. I don't know what your social skills are like, but for me personally I had no idea what to say to people, I was horrible at small talk, and the thought of talking to people I didn't know was the worst. I feel like the anti-depressant gave me a little boost, while helping me to stay calm that I needed. I've also found ALC has been helpful day to day with social interactions, in doses 3-5g along with some choline. I feel sharper, more focused, yet relaxed-kind of a liquidity to my thinking, and the "inner voices" the negative thoughts are quieted a bit. I have found these to be very helpful, and I'm not not in the business world, but I have to present myself in a professional way (physical therapist). I have to report regularly at family conferences along with the other disciplines, and I have found that very helpful.

You are correct in your thinking:your ability to communicate to others, and the intangibles such as being relatable to other people are very important. It's all about building up confidence, trust, and rapport with your coworkers and clients imho. I still take ALC, but I've dropped the anti-depressant, and I've finally found that I can talk to anyone with an ease I have never had before. Just curious how long you've been doing the meetings?

You are right,

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT + picamillon

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I think one thing that really helped me was being on an anti-depressant for a while. I don't know what your social skills are like, but for me personally I had no idea what to say to people, I was horrible at small talk, and the thought of talking to people I didn't know was the worst. I feel like the anti-depressant gave me a little boost, while helping me to stay calm that I needed. I've also found ALC has been helpful day to day with social interactions, in doses 3-5g along with some choline. I feel sharper, more focused, yet relaxed-kind of a liquidity to my thinking, and the "inner voices" the negative thoughts are quieted a bit. I have found these to be very helpful, and I'm not not in the business world, but I have to present myself in a professional way (physical therapist). I have to report regularly at family conferences along with the other disciplines, and I have found that very helpful.

You are correct in your thinking:your ability to communicate to others, and the intangibles such as being relatable to other people are very important. It's all about building up confidence, trust, and rapport with your coworkers and clients imho. I still take ALC, but I've dropped the anti-depressant, and I've finally found that I can talk to anyone with an ease I have never had before. Just curious how long you've been doing the meetings?

You are right,
Kim Chee...is ALC short for ALCAR?

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Yeah, sorry I was too lazy to type it out lol

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist? A few therapy sessions can go a long way toward a permanent change.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards

propho

Awards
  • Established
definitely sparked my interest.. any other recommendations in this department?

propho

Awards
  • Established
so say one were to stack PEA, ALCAR, Focus XT, and Picamilon .. should dosage remain at the regular amount or less of each?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Honestly bro, no supplement is going to cure this.

The only thing that will cure this confidence. Find out whatever it is that's causing your social anxiety/inferiority complex, and destroy it. Gain confidence through preparedness, mastering the subject matter, and always know 1 or 2 things on that subject matter that your peers don't know.

Believe it or not reading the Bible helps drastically.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist? A few therapy sessions can go a long way toward a permanent change.
I don't think its unnatural to feel like this when placed in an entirely new situation in front of an new group of people. I'm just looking either supplements to ease the slight anxiety and help with sharper thinking. Also I have found in other areas simple techniques work well. I don't think this is a mental health issue that requires professional intervention.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
There you go^^^.Try out Focus XT,a lot of people over look it in the areas you described,it helps me greatly with those type of situations,cant go wrong for the value.If you feel you need a bit more,add in some picamillon.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/focus-xt-240-grams.html
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/picamilon-150-90-caps.html
Thanks Mack...tried Focus XT in the past...good stuff. Does picamillon excite or sooth the brain?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Honestly bro, no supplement is going to cure this.

The only thing that will cure this confidence. Find out whatever it is that's causing your social anxiety/inferiority complex, and destroy it. Gain confidence through preparedness, mastering the subject matter, and always know 1 or 2 things on that subject matter that your peers don't know.

Believe it or not reading the Bible helps drastically.
I dont think he is looking for a cure,just some help in certain situations,and in no way did I personally or will I claim the products will cure anything,but they will help without a doubt.

Thanks Mack...tried Focus XT in the past...good stuff. Does picamillon excite or sooth the brain?
It has a nice soothing feel for me,I wouldnt call it euphoric,but very nice and comfortable!Puts me in a better overall mood,and helps me stay on task when needed.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone is pretty good for this.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone mentioned aniracetam?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I dont think he is looking for a cure,just some help in certain situations,and in no way did I personally or will I claim the products will cure anything,but they will help without a doubt.

It has a nice soothing feel for me,I wouldnt call it euphoric,but very nice and comfortable!Puts me in a better overall mood,and helps me stay on task when needed.
Thanks man. What's good starting dose for picamillion? Have you stacked with PEA?

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
This is random but some herbs I've found over the years that work for general anxiety were chamomile-as a tea, lavendar tea, l theanine in the form of green tea, etc. Kava Kava actually worked the best for me, but then those studies about liver damage came out. One thing I found that really helped for as needed episodes was Bach Flower essences, take it for what it's worth, but it worked well for me, 4 drops would work ok in a work situation..

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Thanks man. What's good starting dose for picamillion? Have you stacked with PEA?
I respond great to 300mg Picamilon,have went higher with dosing but not needed for what I look for in the product.I would start with 150mg Picamilon and adjust as needed.As far as stacking with PEA,I do know a few who enjoy them together at low doses,but Im sad to say I did not respond to PEA myself,so I cant speak from personal experience.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Anyone try Noopept?
I have around 45 pills left if you're interested PM me. I tried a few but based on other's feedback aniracetam was more suitable for my needs. Noopept has been reported to make people antisocial.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Magnesium can help with stress too along with numerous other benefits.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
I don't think its unnatural to feel like this when placed in an entirely new situation in front of an new group of people. I'm just looking either supplements to ease the slight anxiety and help with sharper thinking. Also I have found in other areas simple techniques work well. I don't think this is a mental health issue that requires professional intervention.
You're asking for a supp to help with social anxiety and then say it's not a mental health issue. There doesn't have to be a negative connotation to it and it doesn't mean you're going to require lifelong treatment for it. Psych providers trained in cognitive behavioral therapy can help you overcome the anxiety and give you priceless strategies to combat it in the future. I think the lifting community in general is too quick to want something chemical(and OTC) to solve one's problems. Get to the root of the issue.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another thread around here mentions Focus-XT and it's benefits in this area.
It sounds to me like your biggest issue is being able to focus when you're in a social environment with those who you've not yet met. This is somewhat different than traditional social anxiety, so I'd say you should handle it differently also.

How do you react to stimulants -- do you find they give you a benefit in focus? An overall improvement in well being from nootropics would possibly help also.

Give SNS Focus XT a shot (it's well priced) and see if it makes any difference. If so but you want more, you could look at other nootropics.
Focus XT + picamillon
There you go^^^.Try out Focus XT,a lot of people over look it in the areas you described,it helps me greatly with those type of situations,cant go wrong for the value.If you feel you need a bit more,add in some picamillon.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/focus-xt-240-grams.html
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/picamilon-150-90-caps.html
The people have spoken... My job is so easy lol! The products sell themselves.

- Valdez

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Pikmalion, Phenibut are helpful for tackling social anxiety.

These are just stop gaps though, you'll eventually want to find the source of this phobia.

Until then those well help.

royaldan

royaldan

Awards
Mate confidence comes with knowledge of the subject you don't need supplements you just need to learn what your talking about.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
You're asking for a supp to help with social anxiety and then say it's not a mental health issue. There doesn't have to be a negative connotation to it and it doesn't mean you're going to require lifelong treatment for it. Psych providers trained in cognitive behavioral therapy can help you overcome the anxiety and give you priceless strategies to combat it in the future. I think the lifting community in general is too quick to want something chemical(and OTC) to solve one's problems. Get to the root of the issue.
I hear what you're saying. I should re-phrase my request. I am regularly put in positions where I don't know the subject well or the people, but I'm expected to direct meetings with a certain level of confidence whilst obfuscating my lack of knowledge. This is where the anxiety comes from. Now I can do a certain amount of prep with the limited time I have, but there must be supplements that sharpen thinking and cognitive process to support me in this sort of situation.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear what you're saying. I should re-phrase my request. I am regularly put in positions where I don't know the subject well or the people, but I'm expected to direct meetings with a certain level of confidence whilst obfuscating my lack of knowledge. This is where the anxiety comes from. Now I can do a certain amount of prep with the limited time I have, but there must be supplements that sharpen thinking and cognitive process to support me in this sort of situation.
Like the others suggested man focus XT can help with that. It's with a shot. Things I've noticed that helped with mental clarity are caffeine, focus XT and making sure you get plenty of sleep the night before. Sleep is key for proper cognitive functioning. Creatine may also aid but that's over a period of time not pre setting.

Experiment prior to with whatever you choose

- Valdez

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Like the others suggested man focus XT can help with that. It's with a shot. Things I've noticed that helped with mental clarity are caffeine, focus XT and making sure you get plenty of sleep the night before. Sleep is key for proper cognitive functioning. Creatine may also aid but that's over a period of time not pre setting.

Experiment prior to with whatever you choose

- Valdez
Thanks man! Got some focus xt...you make a good point about creatine - I remember reading research on effects on cognitive performance.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Thanks man! Got some focus xt...you make a good point about creatine - I remember reading research on effects on cognitive performance.
I would agree. The dreams on creatine are lucid and very vivid. Similar to -racetam dreams

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
i would like to hear more about pregnenolone.
Preg is like the top of a plinko board on on the price is right...lol..seriously though...it's like the mother of most hormones that are produced by the human body from cholesterol...the cascade effect and hormones derived from it... is a very lengthy one...including good ole testosterone and DHT...the manly hormones that is...but outside of that...Preg in itself harnesses neuroactive properties that are healthy to "most" brains....some of us have more..some have less....and depending on how your body receives it...it could help you or not.

TulsaTalons

Awards
Preg is like the top of a plinko board on on the price is right...lol..seriously though...it's like the mother of most hormones that are produced by the human body from cholesterol...the cascade effect and hormones derived from it... is a very lengthy one...including good ole testosterone and DHT...the manly hormones that is...but outside of that...Preg in itself harnesses neuroactive properties that are healthy to "most" brains....some of us have more..some have less....and depending on how your body receives it...it could help you or not.
i would like to try it, if its good for social anxiety, but i didnt know it was a hormone. that is a slippery slope.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would agree. The dreams on creatine are lucid and very vivid. Similar to -racetam dreams
Creatine dreams? Interesting. Any studies done on it or just personal experience?

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Creatine dreams? Interesting. Any studies done on it or just personal experience?
Personal and every one i know who has taken it experiences this at least for the first few weeks. In my experience, the closer to bed you take it, the more vivid the dreams.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, go see a counselor if you can. Usually college campuses have counselors you can visit for free. Just a thought...

propho

Awards
  • Established
Got some Noopept, phenylpiracetam, and cdp choline.. shall be an interesting next few months..