Best natural muscle recovery?

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
I was wondering if there's any good muscle recovery products out there that I can take that are natural.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
A BCAA or a BCAA/EAA formula outside of rest and a good diet.

Browse nutra..you'll find many.

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
I use gold standard whey that has bcaa in it, is that enough or should I get bcaa powder and take it before workouts. Oh and my diet is good I've done research and am only eating wholesome food.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Shoot for 1g of protein per pound you weigh.

Supplement with BCAA's pre/intra workout on an empty stomach. Use the whey protein post workout and other times of the day to supplement your protein needs.

Nutraplanet sells Bulk Modern BCAA from USP. I highly recommend it for it's solid Leucine amino ratio.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unicorn blood

Agree with the guys above. BCAAs/Protein, post-wo carbs, rest

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Unicorn blood

Agree with the guys above. BCAAs/Protein, post-wo carbs, rest
Unicorn blood side effects are a half life, a cursed life - movie ?

Agree: BCAA + EAA.

Adaptogens - research.

Citrilline Malate

Sleep - valerine root

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unicorn blood side effects are a half life, a cursed life - movie ?
I hope you have kids, otherwise you lost your man card. Fortunately I was 10-11 years old when Harry Potter came out and used google just now. My man card remains intact :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into Compete yet?

It provides a full spectrum of amino acids, along with the recovery powerhouse L-Carnitine L-Tartrate.

Users consistently tell us that their recovery time is reduced, as is their rest time between sets.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
iForce Complete - nice !

I hope you have kids, otherwise you lost your man card. Fortunately I was 10-11 years old when Harry Potter came out and used google just now. My man card remains intact :)
Yep - got kids 2 of um.

I guess I remember the weird stuff sometimes

I read the book, man card intact ?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iForce Complete - nice !

Yep - got kids 2 of um.

I guess I remember the weird stuff sometimes

I read the book, man card intact ?
Ya because I listened to the audio tape-even more gay

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
Thanks for the helps guys, I'm going to take bcaa and a scoop of whey before and after work outs for awhile and hopefully it will make a difference. Someone told me to take two scoops of whey pwo, is that too much if I eat like 30 min after my shake?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the helps guys, I'm going to take bcaa and a scoop of whey before and after work outs for awhile and hopefully it will make a difference. Someone told me to take two scoops of whey pwo, is that too much if I eat like 30 min after my shake?
Depends on how many grams of protein you're looking to get a day.

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
I weigh 165 gaining about half a pound from my lean bulk every week. I was also wondering if I should only count the protein from the major food sources like meat and dairy or should I count everything like bread, brown rice, ext.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
SAA's anyone? FinaFlex silk amino acids are great for recovery and intraworkout performance, keeping you in an anabolic state for longer than normal. Protein supplementation is also key for growth and recovery. Like it was said above, check out NP for some great deals on protein and amino acids.

STLG

Awards
I weigh 165 gaining about half a pound from my lean bulk every week. I was also wondering if I should only count the protein from the major food sources like meat and dairy or should I count everything like bread, brown rice, ext.
How many shakes you drink per day is dependent on your diet. It's not difficult to get 165g/protein per day from real food, but if you prefer the simplicity of protein shakes (like I do), then just factor them into your macros.

Yes, count protein consumed from all sources, not just meat.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Just eat and sleep.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
How many shakes you drink per day is dependent on your diet. It's not difficult to get 165g/protein per day from real food, but if you prefer the simplicity of protein shakes (like I do), then just factor them into your macros.

Yep count your macros from all sources. You'd be surprise by how the grams just at up.

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
That's interesting, has anyone tried it while bodybuilding or weight lifting before?

chris223

Awards
  • Established
I only count protein consumed from protein foods (meat, nuts, dairy, powders, etc). This ensures I go above and beyond my protein goal for the day, rather than just being in the neighborhood, and any protein I get from carbohydrate foods is a bonus. Fewer foods to keep track of and my overall food intake is higher.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
The only thing you shouldn't count in a food log is fibrous carbs as they are indigestible. Not counting proteins shakes and what not seems irresponsible when you are already logging so much other foo sources. Oh well. To each their own

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
iForce Compete helps with my endurance and recovery. It all depends on the workout, sometimes no product can help, but for the most part Compete does the job.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
iForce Compete helps with my endurance and recovery. It all depends on the workout, sometimes no product can help, but for the most part Compete does the job.
Great recovery from Compete for me, and for most other loggers. Really has been saving my ass between a physically demanding lifestyle and Doggcrapp workouts.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
That's interesting, has anyone tried it while bodybuilding or weight lifting before?
i do it all the time. a lot of people do intermittent fasting with a 4 hour eating window. im sure it has the same effect.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i do it all the time. a lot of people do intermittent fasting with a 4 hour eating window. im sure it has the same effect.
This is actually interesting to me, I didn't really notice it. But I just recently stopped IF for a convenience reason because of a change in my schedule and I have actually noticed that my DOMS in my legs do last about a day or two longer than they previously did. I didn't make the connection until now.