Saw this on Yahoo today.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
those stories are so stupid...of course if you OD or take DMAA and run a marathon it aint gonna be good

thr33x

thr33x

Awards
  • Established
Yea imma take half a bottle of jack3d in a gallon of water and run a marathon should be fine ill prolly win too!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Supplements are only as dangerous and reckless as their users. You see the idiots who died from caffeine overdose by drinking 4 monster BfC cans.... How the ****KK do you even drink that much Ina short period of time and how would you ever think that's a good idea .... Jesus

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
People love to hate on the BBing world of supplements and any chance they get, they will. Take it as a grain of salt

zv3

zv3

Awards
That Yahoo article is nothing, I was surprised last weekend to see the Jack3D issue on Fox news last Sat. They kinda tore into *** and Jack3d about the soldiers deaths and said the Military pulled the stuff from all venues on base that sold it. I am a Air Force Firefighter and would NOT take the supplement for the training and work that I do as I can see how it could possibly exacerbate an existing issue. I think Jack3d is made strictly for the gym and that's it, not running, not training, not cardio etc. Just lifting. Just my opinion.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can die from ODing on anything
This is true. But this point is even more true:

You can blame any product you die from even when ODing.

And in America you can sue and win for anything.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is true. But this point is even more true:

You can blame any product you die from even when ODing.

And in America you can sue and win for anything.
I read that a guy is sueing Dr. Oz for an insomneia (sleeping) disorder remedy where you put white rice in a sock then microwave it to heat it up and then put your foot in there for 20 min. Guy got his little toe toes burned - good grief !

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read that a guy is sueing Dr. Oz for an insomneia (sleeping) disorder remedy where you put white rice in a sock then microwave it to heat it up and then put your foot in there for 20 min. Guy got his little toe toes burned - good grief !
My fiance didn't think this was a big deal, but here goes:

Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart (that actually isn't the joke, but it could be) and a sign on the ****ing entrance to the store says "Stop- Check car for unattended children."

Yes in 2013, we have to REMIND people that before they enter places they may want to check and make sure they didn't leave their children in the car.

"Oh thank God for that sign. I almost forgot Billy!"

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
My fiance didn't think this was a big deal, but here goes:

Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart (that actually isn't the joke, but it could be) and a sign on the ****ing entrance to the store says "Stop- Check car for unattended children."

Yes in 2013, we have to REMIND people that before they enter places they may want to check and make sure they didn't leave their children in the car.

"Oh thank God for that sign. I almost forgot Billy!"
good grief lol. where are you from?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Hypertension derived from salt is debatable :D
i know you are just like joking but do you have any studies on this? i take over 7g of sodium a day

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
i know you are just like joking but do you have any studies on this? i take over 7g of sodium a day
It is said that the guidelines around salt (of which a part of is sodium) are based on hypothesis rather than actual conclusive evidence. The JAMA study ( which has been questioned) found that consuming too little salt can be bad for you. While it has been questioned, it has also been backed http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/744471_3 making formulating an opinion somewhat hard.

FWIW I haven't spent a great deal of time examining the link, mostly considering I take in approx. 3,000mgs which, while above recommendations, is not enough to be of concern for me.

The JAMA study also stated that consuming less than 2g per day raised 5 year mortality rates by 37% which is far less than the 460mg my country advocates for.

But i'm not too sure where I stand on this, I was just implying it is debatable :D

thr33x

thr33x

Awards
  • Established
Im scared to take a preworkout on leg day just cause my heart rate is elevated dramatically so to take it during a marathon you gotta be crazy or stupid. Lol

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
If anyone needs a pre, on leg days.... then your not doing legs hard enough.

thr33x

thr33x

Awards
  • Established
What if i just wanted to enhance my leg day. See what i did there. Lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If anyone needs a pre, on leg days.... then your not doing legs hard enough.
Leg days are the days when I need a "pick-me-up", I literally get tired just anticipating the workload i'm about to impart on my legs.

thr33x

thr33x

Awards
  • Established
I know not many of us are overly excited to do legs so i think i would need a pre more. But everyones different. I was just trying to see how enhanced effects me and all 4 different days i workout.