Best supplement for Trigger Finger.. help needed

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

Few months ago i´ve developed trigger finger. Don´t know why, because i never had it. Coincidence or not, it shows up some days after i started to take a cortisol control supplement (Reduce XT). I work a lot with computer what shouldn´t help too..

I have no pain and no itch, but the movement is strange and i know something is not right..

I take regularly Omega 3, Whey, Waxy Maize, Anavite and started a month ago Cordyceps and Gingko Biloba/Gotu Kola/Siberian Ginseng.

I´m thinking to take some other supplement to see if it helps. I´m in doubt beetween USP Super Cissus, Animal Flex, Glucosamin, etc..

What do you think? Any advise? Any positive experience with any supplement and trigger finger?

Thanks

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
When i bent my finger and try to straighten it, it becomes locked.. i have to push it harder to straighten it. And the movement isn´t smooth..

Since english isn´t my native language it´s a little hard to explain..

Maybe a link could help: patient.co.uk/health/trigger-finger

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Basically trigger finger is when one of the tendons in your finger get stuck with the sheath that goes around it, typically when straightening your finger. You need to work on the inflammation, and there are exercises you can do with physical therapy for conservative treatment. I'd recommend seeing an OT for this, he/she can make a splint for your finger so it won't get stuck when you straighten it. There are also corticosteroid shots you can get from your PCP.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your advice..

Before i see an OT i want to give a shot with some supplement but i´m in doubt which one.

I´m thinking on Cissus because i´ve hard good things about tendon inflamation, but lets see.. I´ve started to apply some Arnica cream that had here and it seems to relieve the symptoms after i applied it but very soon to see the effects in long term