Tendon and joint supplement/stack suggestions?

joshb12

Awards
Have any of you folks had any good results from any supplements for tendonitis or overal joint problems?

I'm currently trying SNS Cissus, and I was told maybe to check out Joint Help also and that maybe it would help even better than just the cissus for tendons. I've also been told to try an older product called SeaTone as well.

There's so many options, I just want to find something that aids the tendons enough to where I can workout without pain (doesn't even have to be heavy, just so that I can workout again, and work my way up).

I've given myself about 9 months rest, and it's helped, but there's still some pain to my distal biceps tendon. The shoulders have gotten a lot better as well. I've even been asked if I've just tried to work out to see what hurts or if it even hurts much at all to workout with, but I didn't know if it would set me back more months so I haven't tried it yet. Like I said, there's just a little pain still left that is nagging.

joshb12

Awards
Have you tried Achilles by Antaeus?

I haven't personally tried it but it's worth a try I think.. has Cissus in it as well..
Have not tried it, I was actually looking at it earlier, but it looked a little . . weird. Just the product and all. Very unusual, but I may look more into it.
I was just trying to get some feedback from others on what helps them be able to work out with less pain than what they may usually have, or maybe even healed a preexisting condition.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I usually turn to Cissus when I've had joint problems.. Antaeus makes great products so it may be worth a shot..

joshb12

Awards
I usually turn to Cissus when I've had joint problems.. Antaeus makes great products so it may be worth a shot..
I'm currently doing the Cissus, and I can tell a difference, just nothing huge. I've been taking it for about 3 weeks now. I was thinking maybe it was just taking a bit longer with me and maybe I just needed to stay on it and maybe in a couple months I would have some huge results from it. And then I was told about Joint Help and that the Paractin in it could be another helpful agent in helping me with what I'm trying to do.

So many choices though . . I just don't want to keep buying something if it's not going to work for me.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Transform Joint Repair is a good joint formula. I also use Orange Triad Multi for the extra glucosamine and chondroitin (killed the spelling)

joshb12

Awards
what cissus do you guys usually take? dosage? etc by the way

what do you use yours for?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look into Joint Help, very potent active of Paractin that has done wonders for many. Tons of great logs around with terrific results. Has done wonders for me with my Right shoulder pain I would get with any pressing movement.

Mike

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
Have any of you folks had any good results from any supplements for tendonitis or overal joint problems?

I'm currently trying SNS Cissus, and I was told maybe to check out Joint Help also and that maybe it would help even better than just the cissus for tendons. I've also been told to try an older product called SeaTone as well.

There's so many options, I just want to find something that aids the tendons enough to where I can workout without pain (doesn't even have to be heavy, just so that I can workout again, and work my way up).

I've given myself about 9 months rest, and it's helped, but there's still some pain to my distal biceps tendon. The shoulders have gotten a lot better as well. I've even been asked if I've just tried to work out to see what hurts or if it even hurts much at all to workout with, but I didn't know if it would set me back more months so I haven't tried it yet. Like I said, there's just a little pain still left that is nagging.

As you're unsure, I'd be happy to send you a free bottle of Achilles to try. Palmitoylethanolamide is very potent when it comes to relieving tendon pain, and H.Aphrodisiaca has been shown to strengthen tendons and increase their elasticity. The product was designed, in fact, precisely for situations like the one you find yourself in -- and there's very little tendon-specific data that would support the use of any other supplement.
If you're interested, please just PM me with your address.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Joint Help is such an effective formula because it's got the latest stand-by ingredient, cissus, alongside ParActin, which provides great immediate and long-term benefits so that all your bases are covered. You should notice relief from your first dose, and see that relief improve over time because of the combinative properties of the formula.

Other good additions to consider would be things like the joint complex in Controlled Labs Orange Triad, a quality fish oil (ours doesn't get a lot of love and it's one of the more inexpensive products per gram of EPA/DHA), etc.

joshb12

Awards
Joint Help is such an effective formula because it's got the latest stand-by ingredient, cissus, alongside ParActin, which provides great immediate and long-term benefits so that all your bases are covered. You should notice relief from your first dose, and see that relief improve over time because of the combinative properties of the formula.

Other good additions to consider would be things like the joint complex in Controlled Labs Orange Triad, a quality fish oil (ours doesn't get a lot of love and it's one of the more inexpensive products per gram of EPA/DHA), etc.
I'm hearing a lot about the Orange Triad, and I know it has a digestive aid, and its own joint complex. I had thought about once I started back to light workouts using Aftershock due to the fact it has a joint aid of Glucosamine Chondroiton and MSM in it. Not only that, but the protein amount is good and the carb amount is good along with the patented creatine and glutamine in it. Who knows, maybe I should try the Orange Triad.
How's it been working for you guys?

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Look into Joint Help, very potent active of Paractin that has done wonders for many. Tons of great logs around with terrific results. Has done wonders for me with my Right shoulder pain I would get with any pressing movement.

Mike

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/iforce-nutrition/joint-help-120-capsules.html

I dont want give you a whole 10 pages of testimonials from our end users. But I will add this one testimonial though: I have an old college buddy of mine whose knees were just giving him all sorts of problems...surgery is a solution for his condition. Basically he sits in an office desk all day, then struggles to get up and takes him a while to get his knees going in order to coach basketball effectively. After 2 weeks of talking, I finally convinced him to try two bottles of Joint Help. For him, at 2-2 dose, slowly the pain subdued...after 3 weeks of continuous use, he reported that his knees are feeling so much better in which he can finally play basketball with his own two sons after work without pain.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I've been looking for a good fish oil and saw the price on yours, so I pulled the trigger and grabbed a bottle. I honestly did not know iForce made their own fish oil. I've already got some cissus, but I'll try out your Joint Health next time around.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
SNS Cissus-XT, Orange Triad, Fish Oil, water
Exactly! Nothing like the combo of SNS Cissus-XT + Orange Triad + 3-5g of Omega 3's (EPA/DHA) and a proper hydration regime! I agree with this completely!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly! Nothing like the combo of SNS Cissus-XT + Orange Triad + 3-5g of Omega 3's (EPA/DHA) and a proper hydration regime! I agree with this completely!
i have a friend who is going to run a month of SNS Cissus, BioCor Cissus, and 2 other brands and compare all 4. should be fun. he is going to use for a month, then take a month off then start the next company's product...etc

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
As someone who has had a number of pretty serious injuries, I felt much better while taking Achilles. We have had a lot of positive feedback on Achilles and it's definitely worth a try. Most of the people that were given free bottles to log ended up purchasing a few bottles on their own to continue running it after their logs were finished.

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
MSM seems to help me IMO. I have some bad tendon, joint pain in my shoulders and it helps. I take it morning, afternoon, and night high dose.
I second the vote for MSM. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/vbcms-comments/222441-article-msm-workout.html#post3815812It ccan be found in bulk cheep, example http://www.rakuten.com/prod/msm-powder-ultra-pure-5-lb/222753694.html?listingId=261788833Also, it does really work, just give it a try, it may take a few weeks for full effect.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I now I'm going to sound stupid but how many mgs do you take ? I have a big bottle and I just pop 2 pills a day, not sure what a good dose would be yet but so far so good
What brand are you using? 4 caps (3.2g) of Super Cissus is highly effective for me.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I use iForce's Joint Help which contains cissus and ParActin which is a powerful anti-inflammatory. If I want more cissus I'd just use bulk cissus from SNS>

joshb12

Awards
MSM seems to help me IMO. I have some bad tendon, joint pain in my shoulders and it helps. I take it morning, afternoon, and night high dose.
Are you taking capsules or powder form of it? I heard powder was pretty good, but I never tried it myself. How much are you dosing of it? I dosed it at about 6 grams last year and it didn't really do much for me.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Older lifter here recommends iForce Joint Help or Antaeus Achilles plus fish oil plus glucosamine.

joshb12

Awards
Older lifter here recommends iForce Joint Help or Antaeus Achilles plus fish oil plus glucosamine.
Does the Achilles really help your tendons to be a bit stronger/more elastic like the one ingredient in there says it does? The achilles was something I didn't even know existed til a couple days ago.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does the Achilles really help your tendons to be a bit stronger/more elastic like the one ingredient in there says it does? The achilles was something I didn't even know existed til a couple days ago.
These supplements mainly help with the inflammation associated with lifting. Take them with fish oil and glucosamine as these provide some of the nutrients and building materials needed to make the tendons and ligaments rebuild. No expert here just a very satisfied customer.