BA powder vs pill question.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ok so I've started regular supplementation with beta alanine, ordered both powdered (Betancourt) and capsules (SNS) because sometimes pills are more convenient with my job and long hours on the road driving. With just 2 g of powder in a shake I notice the tingles about 15 minutes or so after, the caps on the other hand which is a 3 pill 2250 mg dose, I feel nothing at any point and I take them on an empty stomach. Today I tried a 4 cap dose and still nothing. Is there a difference in effectiveness I should be aware of or is this just due to slower absorption from capsules?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take SNS BA capsules 6/day split into 2 doses and I always get the tingles about 30 minutes later. Definitely a faster absorption from powder but you should still feel something from the SNS pills in terms of parasthesia.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That's what I assumed but I'm not getting anything from any dose of it... Love SNS and doubt it has anything to do with product purity but I'm just confused as to why I'm not getting the same results from the caps even when at almost double the dose as the powder, I haven't built a tolerance to the tingles yet as the powder still causes them easily.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
That's what I assumed but I'm not getting anything from any dose of it... Love SNS and doubt it has anything to do with product purity but I'm just confused as to why I'm not getting the same results from the caps even when at almost double the dose as the powder, I haven't built a tolerance to the tingles yet as the powder still causes them easily.
I get the parathesia so bad its annoying.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I actually rather enjoy it, probably just a mental thing for me of knowing it is working/ having some effect. Puts me in a good mood

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I actually rather enjoy it, probably just a mental thing for me of knowing it is working/ having some effect. Puts me in a good mood
I've always hated it. So much so that I actually take one capsule six times daily with carbs to try and stop it from happening.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I've always hated it. So much so that I actually take one capsule six times daily with carbs to try and stop it from happening.
Wow I wish it hit me that easily, and from the SNS avi I assume you're taking the same caps that don't seem to be effecting me. Strange. I think I will have to just work out a way to get a second dose in at work with powder.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Wow I wish it hit me that easily, and from the SNS avi I assume you're taking the same caps that don't seem to be effecting me. Strange. I think I will have to just work out a way to get a second dose in at work with powder.
Ive used BA in many products from quite a few companies, and I've gotten this effect from every brand I've used. SNS has an excellent price per serving and the effects are the same.

Keep in mind that not getting paresthesia has nothing to do with its effectiveness. I would trade you in a heartbeat to not deal with it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really shouldn't make any difference at all.

scrapedshinz

scrapedshinz

Awards
I can't imagine how it would be making a difference, no. But it doesn't mean the BA is ineffective; as stated above you don't NEED to feel it for it to be working.