thick proteins?

  1. thick proteins?


    I love how giant sports mixes nice and thick. The flavors are limited though. Anyone who has had giant sports and other proteins, can you recommend any that mix as thick? Protean, phase 8, up 2.0, etc?

    Thanks!


  2. Protean chocolate truffle is pretty thick. Trutein wheyology chocolate peanut butter is also thick.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  3. Quote Originally Posted by sideshowdoc View Post
    I love how giant sports mixes nice and thick. The flavors are limited though. Anyone who has had giant sports and other proteins, can you recommend any that mix as thick? Protean, phase 8, up 2.0, etc?

    Thanks!
    I believe Giant Sports released a chocolate pb flavor a week or two ago.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       

  4. Re: thick proteins?


    With any protein if you add less water or milk, it will be thicker.

  5. My girlfriends thick ...

  6. Phase 8 I've found mixes thick but that's generally the case with all slower digesting proteins in my eyes..

  7. Quote Originally Posted by sideshowdoc View Post
    I love how giant sports mixes nice and thick. The flavors are limited though. Anyone who has had giant sports and other proteins, can you recommend any that mix as thick? Protean, phase 8, up 2.0, etc?

    Thanks!
    myofusion is pretty thick as well. i hate thick proteins though. syntha 6 is fairly thin, ON 100% whey is thin as well.

    edit: you want a thick protein? 2 scoops of serious mass by ON!
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  8. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I believe Giant Sports released a chocolate pb flavor a week or two ago.
    I am actually waiting for this flavor from Giant but it hasn't hit the stores yet, I think
    this week.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by totalpackage View Post
    I am actually waiting for this flavor from Giant but it hasn't hit the stores yet, I think
    this week.
    I just checked...it's available.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    My girlfriends thick ...
    So you like em thick not sick!?
    http://youtu.be/Mbjo_i3u3tY

  11. Quote Originally Posted by totalpackage View Post
    I am actually waiting for this flavor from Giant but it hasn't hit the stores yet, I think
    this week.
    I already have some on the way..it is available.

    As for thick proteins, Casein generally is thicker (a scoop of a straight Casein can mix crazy thick).

    I prefer thick shakes and XF UP and Iforce Protean mix up pretty thick IME.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  12. Throw some oats in your shakes.

  13. I-Force Protean is fairly thick, not the thickest like 100% casein, but for a whey protein, def on the thicker side of the norm; not like many others I've tried. Def happy about the thickness.

    Mike

  14. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Throw some oats in your shakes.
    i always do this and it doesnt make mine thick. i add alot of stuff to my shakes. still thin. in my experiences, it all depends on the powder you use (unless you add a TON of ice cream)
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  15. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i always do this and it doesnt make mine thick. i add alot of stuff to my shakes. still thin. in my experiences, it all depends on the powder you use (unless you add a TON of ice cream)
    That surprises me. I used to run steel cut oats thru a coffee grinder and add it to my protein shakes, and thought it had a thickening effect. It could be that I ran it all through a blender and that whipped some air into and made it seem thicker, sort of like McD's shakes. This was usually with ON Gold Standard or ON Pro Complex.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    That surprises me. I used to run steel cut oats thru a coffee grinder and add it to my protein shakes, and thought it had a thickening effect. It could be that I ran it all through a blender and that whipped some air into and made it seem thicker, sort of like McD's shakes. This was usually with ON Gold Standard or ON Pro Complex.
    i currently use syntha 6 bc i got a great deal on it and i add raw oats (about 1/2 - 1 cup) in my shakes with fruit, yogurt, ice, EVOO and it isnt ever thick
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  17. Some formulas contain thickening agents such as Xanthan Gum. It's dirt cheap, like around $7 for 6 ounces.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by GD67 View Post
    Some formulas contain thickening agents such as Xanthan Gum. It's dirt cheap, like around $7 for 6 ounces.
    That's a good point. You could probably go with gelatin or even tapioca as well. Maybe instant chocolate pudding if you're not worried about sugar and extra calories.

  19. Trutein choco-pb + almond milk makes this extremely thick pudding. So good. That stuff is thick.

    Also, ultimate flurry cookies and cream is insanely thick.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i always do this and it doesnt make mine thick. i add alot of stuff to my shakes. still thin. in my experiences, it all depends on the powder you use (unless you add a TON of ice cream)
    Interesting, I've never had issues with making any protein thick with ice cream or oats.

    Mike

  21. Giant Sports and Met Rx meal replacement are the thickest powders I have tried
    BPI Sports-Forum Director
    bpisports.net
    All of our Protein is verified through ChromaDex
    Whey-HD-ISO-HD and Best Protein
  22. Post Buy proteins from Healthgenie


    You can checkout proteins on Healthgenie.in. They are providing lots of proteins in different brands

  23. Quote Originally Posted by healthgenie18 View Post
    You can checkout proteins on Healthgenie.in. They are providing lots of proteins in different brands
    Prepare to be reprimanded for putting in that website.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Giant Sports and Met Rx meal replacement are the thickest powders I have tried
    Haven't tried the Giant Sports but I have tried Met Rx meal replacement and that is the thickest I have tried as well.

  25. Just got my order of Phase 8 yesterday and it mixes like concrete, you'll love it! It's so thick that I don't have to use milk, it mixes thick and tasty with just water. I feel full for hours with this stuff.

  26. I liked the thickness from MGN whey for my pudding treat. Protean worked well too.

  27. I just started using Nitro-Peak by Inner Armour that I picked up at a great price and it is a mixed
    blend of proteins and it mixes up thick in water and I have 3 flavors choc, strawberry, and vanilla
    and choc is the best flavor of the 3.

  28. Oat bran and coconut oil added to your shake. Blend well cuz the coconut oil is chunky. Thick n juicy! Lol

    Independent Review
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. In Depth Protein Breakdown
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:53 PM
  3. Protein Squares by request
    By wardog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 02:27 PM
  4. Protein supplement
    By xcreed in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 10:27 PM
  5. protein source
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 07:00 PM
Log in
Log in