thick proteins?

S

sideshowdoc

Awards
I love how giant sports mixes nice and thick. The flavors are limited though. Anyone who has had giant sports and other proteins, can you recommend any that mix as thick? Protean, phase 8, up 2.0, etc?

Thanks!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protean chocolate truffle is pretty thick. Trutein wheyology chocolate peanut butter is also thick.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love how giant sports mixes nice and thick. The flavors are limited though. Anyone who has had giant sports and other proteins, can you recommend any that mix as thick? Protean, phase 8, up 2.0, etc?

Thanks!
I believe Giant Sports released a chocolate pb flavor a week or two ago.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With any protein if you add less water or milk, it will be thicker.

P

propho

Awards
  • Established
Phase 8 I've found mixes thick but that's generally the case with all slower digesting proteins in my eyes..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks!
myofusion is pretty thick as well. i hate thick proteins though. syntha 6 is fairly thin, ON 100% whey is thin as well.

edit: you want a thick protein? 2 scoops of serious mass by ON!

T

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe Giant Sports released a chocolate pb flavor a week or two ago.
I am actually waiting for this flavor from Giant but it hasn't hit the stores yet, I think
this week.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am actually waiting for this flavor from Giant but it hasn't hit the stores yet, I think
this week.
I already have some on the way..it is available.

As for thick proteins, Casein generally is thicker (a scoop of a straight Casein can mix crazy thick).

I prefer thick shakes and XF UP and Iforce Protean mix up pretty thick IME.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Throw some oats in your shakes.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I-Force Protean is fairly thick, not the thickest like 100% casein, but for a whey protein, def on the thicker side of the norm; not like many others I've tried. Def happy about the thickness.

Mike

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Throw some oats in your shakes.
i always do this and it doesnt make mine thick. i add alot of stuff to my shakes. still thin. in my experiences, it all depends on the powder you use (unless you add a TON of ice cream)

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
i always do this and it doesnt make mine thick. i add alot of stuff to my shakes. still thin. in my experiences, it all depends on the powder you use (unless you add a TON of ice cream)
That surprises me. I used to run steel cut oats thru a coffee grinder and add it to my protein shakes, and thought it had a thickening effect. It could be that I ran it all through a blender and that whipped some air into and made it seem thicker, sort of like McD's shakes. This was usually with ON Gold Standard or ON Pro Complex.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That surprises me. I used to run steel cut oats thru a coffee grinder and add it to my protein shakes, and thought it had a thickening effect. It could be that I ran it all through a blender and that whipped some air into and made it seem thicker, sort of like McD's shakes. This was usually with ON Gold Standard or ON Pro Complex.
i currently use syntha 6 bc i got a great deal on it and i add raw oats (about 1/2 - 1 cup) in my shakes with fruit, yogurt, ice, EVOO and it isnt ever thick

GD67

GD67

Awards
Some formulas contain thickening agents such as Xanthan Gum. It's dirt cheap, like around $7 for 6 ounces.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Some formulas contain thickening agents such as Xanthan Gum. It's dirt cheap, like around $7 for 6 ounces.
That's a good point. You could probably go with gelatin or even tapioca as well. Maybe instant chocolate pudding if you're not worried about sugar and extra calories.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trutein choco-pb + almond milk makes this extremely thick pudding. So good. That stuff is thick.

Also, ultimate flurry cookies and cream is insanely thick.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting, I've never had issues with making any protein thick with ice cream or oats.

Mike

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
Giant Sports and Met Rx meal replacement are the thickest powders I have tried

H

healthgenie18

Awards
Buy proteins from Healthgenie

You can checkout proteins on Healthgenie.in. They are providing lots of proteins in different brands

N

newbreed

Awards
Giant Sports and Met Rx meal replacement are the thickest powders I have tried
Haven't tried the Giant Sports but I have tried Met Rx meal replacement and that is the thickest I have tried as well.

zv3

zv3

Awards
Just got my order of Phase 8 yesterday and it mixes like concrete, you'll love it! It's so thick that I don't have to use milk, it mixes thick and tasty with just water. I feel full for hours with this stuff.

H

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I liked the thickness from MGN whey for my pudding treat. Protean worked well too.

T

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just started using Nitro-Peak by Inner Armour that I picked up at a great price and it is a mixed
blend of proteins and it mixes up thick in water and I have 3 flavors choc, strawberry, and vanilla
and choc is the best flavor of the 3.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Oat bran and coconut oil added to your shake. Blend well cuz the coconut oil is chunky. Thick n juicy! Lol

:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Anabolics 18
81dcs Cycle Logs 1
T 35 and Older 13
C Anabolics 3
Outofbody General Chat 77