Methadone withdrawal and supplements

Methadone9394

Awards
I have been on this site for five years I made a new name just to post this because people are judgmental and most will just say something rude. I got hooked on opiates in a very dark time of my life. My girlfriend of 7 years left me. My first born son passed away form leukemia. I got hooked on Oxis and o pannas. Long story short 1 year later I started going to the methadone clinic. Now almost two years later I'm tapering down from there, but holy hell is the withdrawal longer and way worse. Once I was clean from the oxis and o panna and doing fine at my therapeutic dose as they call it I started to lift again. If you haven't experienced this addiction you don't know. Don't judge me. I have spent hours reading on methadone taper and withdrawal . I don't want to replace one addiction for another. My question is are there any supplements vitamins or minerals that can help out? Please help me. I finally have everything in my life ok again. I just want off this. I tried many times but have had seizure from it. I have to taper lower and go that route . Please nothing rude or stupid. I need advice and I trust the guys on here to help.

ITW

ITW

Awards
I have been on this site for five years I made a new name just to post this because people are judgmental and most will just say something rude. I got hooked on opiates in a very dark time of my life. My girlfriend of 7 years left me. My first born son passed away form leukemia. I got hooked on Oxis and o pannas. Long story short 1 year later I started going to the methadone clinic. Now almost two years later I'm tapering down from there, but holy hell is the withdrawal longer and way worse. Once I was clean from the oxis and o panna and doing fine at my therapeutic dose as they call it I started to lift again. If you haven't experienced this addiction you don't know. Don't judge me. I have spent hours reading on methadone taper and withdrawal . I don't want to replace one addiction for another. My question is are there any supplements vitamins or minerals that can help out? Please help me. I finally have everything in my life ok again. I just want off this. I tried many times but have had seizure from it. I have to taper lower and go that route . Please nothing rude or stupid. I need advice and I trust the guys on here to help.
I have no experience in any of this but I want to wish you the best of luck. I'm pulling for you

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why do you want to go off methadone? You're not addicted to it, as the dose used is just enough to block the mu-opioid receptor so that you can't get high, but you also get no excessive DA release, meaning you neither get high off the methadone, nor do you get addicted.

If you're set on coming off methadone, supplements are absolutely NOT the answer. You can look into buprenorphine as an alternative, or you can do one or all of the below:

1. Decrease your methadone dose by 5-10mg a day (traditional methadone taper)
2. Ask your physician for medical treatment for the symptoms of withdrawal (not the cause)
3. Garner natural stomulation of the mu opioid receptor (e.g. via exercise)

Avoid naltrexone rapid detox programs, and most importantly, let your physician know about your decisions every step of the way. It's so much easier when you have a team supporting you.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
What mg are you on at the moment?. I am a recovering addict/alcoholic but not from opiates. Usually subutex or suboxone is used for heroin withdrawal and I believe the sane is with methadone. You would also need an anti seizure and BP med from your doctor. Go to a doctor asap. The longer you wait the longer you'll be in emotional pain

Methadone9394

Awards
Why do you want to go off methadone? You're not addicted to it, as the dose used is just enough to block the mu-opioid receptor so that you can't get high, but you also get no excessive DA release, meaning you neither get high off the methadone, nor do you get addicted. If you're set on coming off methadone, supplements are absolutely NOT the answer. You can look into buprenorphine as an alternative, or you can do one or all of the below:1. Decrease your methadone dose by 5-10mg a day (traditional methadone taper)2. Ask your physician for medical treatment for the symptoms of withdrawal (not the cause)3. Garner natural stomulation of the mu opioid receptor (e.g. via exercise)Avoid naltrexone rapid detox programs, and most importantly, let your physician know about your decisions every step of the way. It's so much easier when you have a team supporting you.
Idk what doctor you have ever heard say 5-10 mg a day. The traditional taper is 5 percent of what ever dose you are at. And ask anyone that goes to a methadone clinic something over like 3 million people. You get addicted to the methadone. And that withdrawal lasts longer then oxi or opanna because its half life is so much longer. I have been working out harder then I have in years. I was at 97 mg in August now I'm down to 23. And just going more then a day without it makes my lower back knees hips feel like they are being torn apart from the inside. I was shot in Iraq. And nothing compares to this pain from the methadone withdrawal. I know there is going to be pain regardless but it's so bad I can't do anything I can't have that I have kids and I have to work. I thought maybe someone would know something to help with it a little bit.

Methadone9394

Awards
What mg are you on at the moment?. I am a recovering addict/alcoholic but not from opiates. Usually subutex or suboxone is used for heroin withdrawal and I believe the sane is with methadone. You would also need an anti seizure and BP med from your doctor. Go to a doctor asap. The longer you wait the longer you'll be in emotional pain
Right now I'm at 23 mg. I was at 97 in August i have been tapering down since then. It wasn't until I got into the twenties that it really hit me. What I mean by that because I know most people won't get it is while coming down I had no side effects but then when I got to like 27 mg the dose only lasted a few hours and I started withdrawing. I started going to the methadone clinic to stop doing the stuff I was doing. I stopped it once I got to a high enough dose and I haven't done anything like that in 1.5 years. But you do get addicted to the methadone because the clinics are for profit centers and don't want to help you come down. They advise you not to. And aren't willing to really help with the information on how to do it.

Methadone9394

Awards
And also I do not have health insurance. So I can't go see a doctor. I already owe out the butt in medical bills.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Yea you're definitely addicted and I understand methadone withdrawals are much worse than heroin. I'm going to have to look up a few things and get back to you regarding this

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Been there, I ****ing feel for you man. I have a bad back, and in 2010 I started pain management. Started off with just hydrocodone, then added opana, then added adderal. Switched the opana to methadone when I changed jobs and health insurance. I was prescribed 180 10mg hydrocodone, 120 10mg methadone, and 60 30mg adderal a month. So roughly 60mg hydrocodone, 40mg methadone, and 60mg adderal a day.

In August 2011, my dad committed suicide and I started smoking weed and taking benzo's, mostly because people were just feeding them to me, and I wasn't complaining. Got drug tested at the doctor, failed for benzo's and pot, doctor cut me off completely. I had 1 refill of the hydrocodone to ween myself off everything.

The methadone withdrawal was the absolute worst thing I have ever went through. I was eating 10-12 hydrocodone a day the first few weeks just to make it through a shift at work, I couldn't sleep, my whole body ached, and jerked all night long. It was absolutely in-humane.

The only thing that made a difference for me was time. It took about 3-4 months before I felt halfway normal again, over 6 months before I could sleep without benzo's.

It was this withdrawal that actually got me into lifting. I was tired of feeling like **** all of the time, started working out in feb, 2012 and haven't looked back since. Once I strengthened my back it stopped hurting. Eventually the jerks and aches stopped. Really gave me new life.

So, for me, the only solution was time. Horrible, horrible time. Sorry brother.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Idk what doctor you have ever heard say 5-10 mg a day. The traditional taper is 5 percent of what ever dose you are at. And ask anyone that goes to a methadone clinic something over like 3 million people. You get addicted to the methadone. And that withdrawal lasts longer then oxi or opanna because its half life is so much longer. I have been working out harder then I have in years. I was at 97 mg in August now I'm down to 23. And just going more then a day without it makes my lower back knees hips feel like they are being torn apart from the inside. I was shot in Iraq. And nothing compares to this pain from the methadone withdrawal. I know there is going to be pain regardless but it's so bad I can't do anything I can't have that I have kids and I have to work. I thought maybe someone would know something to help with it a little bit.
The current methadone taper is 5-10%. 5-10mg is the traditional method. The withdrawal of methadone sucks no doubt, but tolerance-withdrawal cycles does not mean the methadone prescribed in the clinical manner is addicting. Anyway, this is semantics; I get where you're coming from as far as dependence is concerned.

Great job so far with getting the dose down. As I said before, your best bet is to treat the side effects of withdrawal without touching the cause. In this regard, your doctor or a pain management center can do much more than any supplement ever will.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think that at this point, you need to focus less on other chemical options to make things better and seek counseling therapy options. I understand that insurance and money are an issue and therapy can be extremely expensive. I would look into colleges and medical schools that have psychiatry and psychology programs as they usually offer free or cheaper services.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PHP:
Why do you want to go off methadone? You're not addicted to it, as the dose used is just enough to block the mu-opioid receptor so that you can't get high, but you also get no excessive DA release, meaning you neither get high off the methadone, nor do you get addicted.

If you're set on coming off methadone, supplements are absolutely NOT the answer. You can look into buprenorphine as an alternative, or you can do one or all of the below:

1. Decrease your methadone dose by 5-10mg a day (traditional methadone taper)
2. Ask your physician for medical treatment for the symptoms of withdrawal (not the cause)
3. Garner natural stomulation of the mu opioid receptor (e.g. via exercise)

Avoid naltrexone rapid detox programs, and most importantly, let your physician know about your decisions every step of the way. It's so much easier when you have a team supporting you.
Sorry, except for exercise this is absolutely horrible advice. Methadone and bupe or suboxone are the absolute worst substances one could on. Absolutely horrible and methadone can become a life sentence at levels he was taking. Methadone gets you very high and it is partial agonist. People can still get high and shoot dope on it all the time. Heavier opiates such as fentanyl, dillaudid and high doses of oxy can stillbind or get you high, especially if dose of methadone is 50 or less. Done and bupe are synthetic and body never really achieves homeostasis. Both will completely shut natural endorphin production.

Bupe may even be worse than done. Stay far, far away from that stuff and should only be used for a 7 to 10 day taper. 14 days or longer and you are stuck on one of the most powerful opiates out there that also has a long half life and takes months to get through withdrawals. I know people that got stuck on little chips of subs or bupe without naloxetron and could not jump without having to go check in somewhere. That stuff really messes up your body and brain.

Exercise is great for kick starting endorphins. Biurnal beats may help. Some say dxm resetts receptors and reduces tolerance so that may help. Thomas recipe is fine, but watch out for benzos. Easy to get stuck on those and, unlike opiates, those can cause seizures when stopping abruptly.

Methadone is really just a last ditch option to keep someone off the streets and committing crimes to support very expensive gabbits associated with short half life opiates. Does help there because stuff last so long. You can kick heroin and feel fine in 5 to 7 days. Methadone at 90 mgs or more for two years will be a nightmare for months.

Get your life back dude. A couple if months if hell is worth it for the rest of your life. You deserve it and children deserve it. Conside going cd turkey at 15 and just lock yourself in a house for 7 days. You will turn the corner at 7 days. Imodium is a huge help because it takes away wds, but does not cross blood brain barrier. Have to get those receptors clean. The sooner you do that, the sooner you will start feeling better.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Try smoking some weed. That helped.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry, except for exercise this is absolutely horrible advice. Methadone and bupe or suboxone are the absolute worst substances one could on. Absolutely horrible and methadone can become a life sentence at levels he was taking. Methadone gets you very high and it is partial agonist. People can still get high and shoot dope on it all the time. Heavier opiates such as fentanyl, dillaudid and high doses of oxy can stillbind or get you high, especially if dose of methadone is 50 or less. Done and bupe are synthetic and body never really achieves homeostasis. Both will completely shut natural endorphin production.

Exercise is great for kick starting endorphins. Biurnal beats may help. Some say dxm resetts receptors and reduces tolerance so that may help. Thomas recipe is fine, but watch out for benzos. Easy to get stuck on those and, unlike opiates, those can cause seizures when stopping abruptly.

Methadone is really just a last ditch option to keep someone off the streets and committing crimes to support very expensive gabbits associated with short half life opiates. Does help there because stuff last so long. You can kick heroin and feel fine in 5 to 7 days. Methadone at 90 mgs or more for two years will be a nightmare for months.

Get your life back dude. A couple if months if hell is worth it for the rest of your life. You deserve it and children deserve it. Conside going cd turkey at 15 and just lock yourself in a house for 7 days. You will turn the corner at 7 days. Imodium is a huge help because it takes away wds, but does not cross blood brain barrier. Have to get those receptors clean. The sooner you do that, the sooner you will start feeling better.
That advice is directly from a clinician who works in the city's methadone clinic. But ok lol. Nothing you said really contrasts his advice though? Aka medical treatment for symptoms of withdrawal (which lasts weeks, not months, generally)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't help you, but props to you for attempting to turn your life around. I am addicted to Afrin, it has destroyed my nose that will require surgery at some point. I've been addicted to afrin for 4 years now, although I do water it down greatly to taper off, its just not easy. Every time my nose even gets the slightest bit stuff, I get EXTREME anxiety attacks where my headrate sky rockets. I use to easily be able to tolerate a stuffy nose when i got a cold, but ever since being afrin addicted, even minor barely noticable stuffiness sends me into a panic attack.

After 4 years of slowly watering it down, failed attempts, etc. I have been doing good. I'm more than 50% watered down, I use 2 different nasal steroids stays, ipratropium bromide nasal spray, tones of saline, and I only use my afrin 1-2 times a day and my nose no longer bleeds, feels dry, etc.

just sharing. Addiction happens do be embarrassed.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That advice is directly from a clinician who works in the city's methadone clinic. But ok lol. Nothing you said really contrasts his advice though? Aka medical treatment for symptoms of withdrawal (which lasts weeks, not months, generally)
Sorry, he is FOS as are most working at methadone or sub clinics that gladly take your cash to get a patient for life. I know of people that felt aweful for 6 months coming off done. Subs maybe 2 or 4 months.

Telling someone to stay on done or take bupe is simply bad advice. Sad thing is all the bupe docs out there putting people on hydro and oxy on bupe. That is trading a relatively minor habit for a full blown nightmare and one if the strongest hardest to kick substances known. A 7 day feel like crap now becomes months of pain.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry, he is FOS as are most working at methadone or sub clinics that gladly take your cash to get a patient for life. I know of people that felt aweful for 6 months coming off done. Subs maybe 2 or 4 months.

Telling someone to stay on done or take bupe is simply bad advice. Sad thing is all the bupe docs out there putting people on hydro and oxy on bupe. That is trading a relatively minor habit for a full blown nightmare and one if the strongest hardest to kick substances known. A 7 day feel like crap now becomes months of pain.
I guess we come from two very different trains of thought when looking at the medical community. It's no doubt a business, but I'd like to think most doctors would put prudent health issues in front of profit.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess we come from two very different trains of thought when looking at the medical community. It's no doubt a business, but I'd like to think most doctors would put prudent health issues in front of profit.
Many do. Mother and wife are both doctors. I have represented them for 18 years. Many good one's and many bad ones. Take a look at all of the pain management clinic busts in Florida before prescription monitoring program went into effect. I guess the cash of catering to addicts can be hard to pass up for some. For profit methadone clinics and bupe clinics are just one step above the cash only pain management clinics writing 180 30 mg Roxy, 180 15 mg Roxy for break-through and 180 Xanex a month for anyone with cash and X-ray, MRI, CT with something as benign as a slight bulging disc with no stenosis or impingement. Legit docs use fentanyl patch, 15 mg (no more) daily of methadone, opanna, or Avensa or Kadian with percocets or hydro for break through. These clinics were run by doctors all over Florida until monitoring program and pharmacy refusal to fill for out of state or patients more than 50 miles from clinic and rule made in house for schedule II illegal.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One would def hope!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you were shot in iraq why not go to the V.A?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I can't help you, but props to you for attempting to turn your life around. I am addicted to Afrin, it has destroyed my nose that will require surgery at some point. I've been addicted to afrin for 4 years now, although I do water it down greatly to taper off, its just not easy. Every time my nose even gets the slightest bit stuff, I get EXTREME anxiety attacks where my headrate sky rockets. I use to easily be able to tolerate a stuffy nose when i got a cold, but ever since being afrin addicted, even minor barely noticable stuffiness sends me into a panic attack.

After 4 years of slowly watering it down, failed attempts, etc. I have been doing good. I'm more than 50% watered down, I use 2 different nasal steroids stays, ipratropium bromide nasal spray, tones of saline, and I only use my afrin 1-2 times a day and my nose no longer bleeds, feels dry, etc.

just sharing. Addiction happens do be embarrassed.
I took nasonex for a while and had a similar experience and when I went off of it I had to taper off and had some pretty interesting withdrawal symptoms I.e beads of yellowish toxic sweat, unbearable lethargy, aches and pains, complete physical weakness and more. I hate corticosteroids.

bachelard

Awards
Sorry to hear what you're going through. I had a mild experience with methadone six years ago. I had emergency surgery on both my knees and nothing except fentanyl patches relieved the pain. I certainly didn't get high but I hated using them, even though they were effective. When I tried to stop, I had awful withdrawal symptoms.

My doctor then prescribed methadone to get off the fentanyl. It worked....but then getting off the damn methadone was awful. Pathetically, I had cut it down to .5 mg (or something like that) but every day at the same time I had awful headaches and anxiety. A friend who was the director of the local methadone clinic laughed when I told him this and said I wasn't taking enough to affect anyone. He blamed the placebo effect but gave me the usual complicated directions for getting off the stuff. It was so much trouble that I said, "**** it, I'm just going to stop taking it." I did and had no more withdrawal effects. Placebo effect for sure.

The thing that outrages me is the ****ty treatment from my doctor. How can the largest and supposedly best orthopedic surgery practice in town not have anyone on staff to deal with pain management? My doctor was completely ignorant and started thumbing through the PDR when he prescribed the methadone. (Did I mention that he also botched my surgery?)

Is there not a methadone clinic associated with your city/county public health care system? If you can't afford a doctor, you could probably get help there.

IrishByBlood

Awards
Many do. Mother and wife are both doctors. I have represented them for 18 years. Many good one's and many bad ones. Take a look at all of the pain management clinic busts in Florida before prescription monitoring program went into effect. I guess the cash of catering to addicts can be hard to pass up for some. For profit methadone clinics and bupe clinics are just one step above the cash only pain management clinics writing 180 30 mg Roxy, 180 15 mg Roxy for break-through and 180 Xanex a month for anyone with cash and X-ray, MRI, CT with something as benign as a slight bulging disc with no stenosis or impingement. Legit docs use fentanyl patch, 15 mg (no more) daily of methadone, opanna, or Avensa or Kadian with percocets or hydro for break through. These clinics were run by doctors all over Florida until monitoring program and pharmacy refusal to fill for out of state or patients more than 50 miles from clinic and rule made in house for schedule II illegal.
You seem to have a lot of experience. So I'm jump in here. I was using hydros for bout 5 years around 12 to 14 a day. Two months ago I went to Dr and he put me on suboxone. I was on 8 mg for two weeks then went to 4 mgs. I have been as low as 2mg in a day. Currently around 3. To 2 mg. thought I was doing good but from the sounds of it. I may be in trouble. I talked with him last meeting and told him I want to get off. He said its easy I have next meeting in two weeks. I'm going to try to be at 2mg a day when I next meet. So basically will have been on suboxone for 3 months when we next meet at a low dose. What can I expect? I have not touched a hydro during this time and have felt great compared to walking around popping hydro all day. My blood pressure is normal. My sleep pattern is much better and my thought process is better. Ive gone along as 30 hours without taking anything. I do feel little uneasy when I go that long and can tell when I take as smol as 2 mg. I've strait. Anybody non here ever went this rout? Looking for advise. I'm ready to go all off.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You seem to have a lot of experience. So I'm jump in here. I was using hydros for bout 5 years around 12 to 14 a day. Two months ago I went to Dr and he put me on suboxone. I was on 8 mg for two weeks then went to 4 mgs. I have been as low as 2mg in a day. Currently around 3. To 2 mg. thought I was doing good but from the sounds of it. I may be in trouble. I talked with him last meeting and told him I want to get off. He said its easy I have next meeting in two weeks. I'm going to try to be at 2mg a day when I next meet. So basically will have been on suboxone for 3 months when we next meet at a low dose. What can I expect? I have not touched a hydro during this time and have felt great compared to walking around popping hydro all day. My blood pressure is normal. My sleep pattern is much better and my thought process is better. Ive gone along as 30 hours without taking anything. I do feel little uneasy when I go that long and can tell when I take as smol as 2 mg. I've strait. Anybody non here ever went this rout? Looking for advise. I'm ready to go all off.
I am sure you realize that the longer you wait the tougher it will be. Suboxone is very potent and you can perhaps keep your receptors saturated at 1mg or 2mgs. The half life may be in 36 to 48 hour range. Some say as long as 72 hours. Everyone is different with bupe. This long half-life means at a dose of 2mgs per day you have 5 or 6mgs constantly in your system. Some don't report acute withdrawals for several days after stopping altogether.

Hydros or norcos with 325mgs of APAP at 14 a day will make most feel awful. Going from Hydro to bupe is like jumping from darvocet to Fentanyl. Of course you feel good. That is the whole purpose of suboxone maintenance to eliminate cravings and up and down swings associated with short term opiates.

Find a taper schedule and stick to it. See if doctor with switch you over to bupe, as opposed to Suboxone, when you get down to 1/2 or a 1/4 of a 2mg suboxone a day. The long half life opiates cause very long and drawn out withdrawals, but if you don't stop soon it will be very, very difficult to ever kick opiates all together.

The bad news is you could have suffered for 5 days going cold turkey off hydro before turning the corner and being done with it. You have to pay piper sooner or later.

You are right at the cusp of being able to stop bupe with minimal pain. Stay on any longer and it will get progressively more difficult. A 21 day or 14 day taper is protocol for using bupe to wean and not get too addicted to the bupe. Bupe maintenance, especially for a hydro addiction, to me is malpractice.

Methadone9394

Awards
"The Thomas Recipe" If you can't take time off to detox, I recommend you follow a taper regimen using your drug of choice or suitable alternate -- the slower the taper, the better. For the Recipe, You'll need: 1. Valium (or another benzodiazepine such as Klonopin, Librium, Ativan or Xanax). Of these, Valium and Klonopin are best suited for tapering since they come in tablet form. Librium is also an excellent detox benzo, but comes in capsules, making it hard to taper the dose. Ativan or Xanax should only be used if you can't get one of the others. 2. Imodium (over the counter, any drug or grocery store). 3. L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) from the health food store. 4. Strong wide-spectrum mineral supplement with at least 100% RDA of Zinc, Phosphorus, Copper, Magnesium and Potassium (you may not find the potassium in the same supplement). 5. Vitamin B6 caps. 6. Access to hot baths or a Jacuzzi (or hot showers if that's all that's available). How to use the recipe: Start the vitamin/mineral supplement right away (or the first day you can keep it down), preferably with food. Potassium early in the detox is important to help relieve RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). Bananas are a good source of potassium if you can't find a supplement for it. Begin your detox with regular doses of Valium (or alternate benzo). Start with a dose high enough to produce sleep. Before you use any benzo, make sure you're aware of how often it can be safely taken. Different benzos have different dosing schedules. Taper your Valium dosage down after each day. The goal is to get through day 4, after which the worst WD symptoms will subside. You shouldn't need the Valium after day 4 or 5. During detox, hit the hot bath or Jacuzzi as often as you need to for muscle aches. Don't underestimate the effectiveness of hot soaks. Spend the entire time, if necessary, in a hot bath. This simple method will alleviate what is for many the worst opiate WD symptom. Use the Imodium aggressively to stop the runs. Take as much as you need, as often as you need it. Don't take it, however, if you don't need it. At the end of the fourth day, you should be waking up from the Valium and experiencing the beginnings of the opiate WD malaise. Upon rising (empty stomach), take the L-Tyrosine. Try 2000 mgs, and scale up or down, depending on how you feel. You can take up to 4,000 mgs. Take the L-Tyrosine with B6 to help absorption. Wait about one hour before eating breakfast. The L-Tyrosine will give you a surge of physical and mental energy that will help counteract the malaise. You may continue to take it each morning for as long as it helps. If you find it gives you the "coffee jitters," consider lowering the dosage or discontinuing it altogether. Occasionally, L-Tyrosine can cause the runs. Unlike the runs from opiate WD, however, this effect of L-Tyrosine is mild and normally does not return after the first hour. Lowering the dosage may help. Continue to take the vitamin/mineral supplement with breakfast. As soon as you can force yourself to, get some mild exercise such as walking, cycling, swimming, etc. This will be hard at first, but will make you feel considerably better.
If you go on YouTube and search methadone withdrawal and click on the funny Jewish looking guy he recommends Imodium Tagamet grapefruit juice and robitussin. I have all of that stock piled plus I have everything but the tyrosine for the "Thomas recipe" . Do you think Now L-Dopa would help? It couldn't hurt could it? Thanks for the advise man. I appreciate it.

Methadone9394

Awards
An entire pain mangement place in my town is going down for over prescribing people. 6 doctors in all, one of them gave my aunt 200 mg of methadone a day that's 600 pills a month. Plus gave her a slew of other things at that, she had a surgery on her stomach he said it was ok for her to still take her meds that day after the surgery she died less than 12 hours after surgery. Pain mangement doctors do not care, as long as you got insurance they know its guaranteed money. And will give you anything, maybe start you out on perks up your dose a few times you say it doesn't work and they go straight to oxi or opanna. Opanna withdrawals are bad it's why I got on the methadone, I wish I would have stuck it out because now I'm stuck with something worse.

Methadone9394

Awards
if you were shot in iraq why not go to the V.A?
6 months after getting out of the military my brother came home on leave. It was the first time me him and my cousin had been all together in several years, my cousin had a kegger at his house, long story short I get super drunk, about 3a.m. My cousins roommate(whom I had never met he was in college and had 3 roommates) called and said he needed a ride home from the bar his friends had left them there, so me my cousin and brother leave to go get him. My cousin drove, my brother sat in front and I was behind my cousin, he drove an S.U.V. We get there and pick him up. He gets in the car saying how he was pissed off and was going to beat someone's @$$. I say chill out no your not, he asks my cousin who I was and that I better keep my mouth shut or he would break my jaw, cousin responds that I'm his cousin and to chill out, more words were exchanged and he starts hitting me, I had a blood alcohol content (legal limit is.08) almost 6 times the legal limit I was to drunk to fight back might seem like an excuse ya but( I suffer from PTSD while overseas my convoy was ambushed and I seen a guy I had known since elementary school get his legs and an arm blown off, while helping him is when I got shot.) screenshots from Iraq kicked in and I freaked out, I told the guy if he didn't stop I would stab him,his exact words I can still here in my brain "do it bitch, you don't have the balls too" I didn't stab him but I cut him 2 times. They were pretty bad and when he realized I actually did it he freaked out, we took him to the hospital, I went in with him, my cousin didn't because he was afraid to get in trouble with school and his scholarship and my brother didn't because he was afraid of gettin in trouble with the military, we were panicking, I went in with the guy, but five minutes into walking in the hospital I actually passed out from having alcohol posioning, I awake and am told I was under arrest for felony battery, they made me out to be some violent person which I'm not, I got a couple years probation,(6yrs) it is because of this I can't go to the VA for the methadone probation says I have to go to the clinic that away I can not abuse it in anyway.

Methadone9394

Awards
Sorry to hear what you're going through. I had a mild experience with methadone six years ago. I had emergency surgery on both my knees and nothing except fentanyl patches relieved the pain. I certainly didn't get high but I hated using them, even though they were effective. When I tried to stop, I had awful withdrawal symptoms.

My doctor then prescribed methadone to get off the fentanyl. It worked....but then getting off the damn methadone was awful. Pathetically, I had cut it down to .5 mg (or something like that) but every day at the same time I had awful headaches and anxiety. A friend who was the director of the local methadone clinic laughed when I told him this and said I wasn't taking enough to affect anyone. He blamed the placebo effect but gave me the usual complicated directions for getting off the stuff. It was so much trouble that I said, "**** it, I'm just going to stop taking it." I did and had no more withdrawal effects. Placebo effect for sure.

The thing that outrages me is the ****ty treatment from my doctor. How can the largest and supposedly best orthopedic surgery practice in town not have anyone on staff to deal with pain management? My doctor was completely ignorant and started thumbing through the PDR when he prescribed the methadone. (Did I mention that he also botched my surgery?)

Is there not a methadone clinic associated with your city/county public health care system? If you can't afford a doctor, you could probably get help there.
I do go to the methadone clinic. It's $13 a day to go there and I can't afford it anymore.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Do a search on Ayurvedic medicine and adaptagens, they help the body deal with stress....the big ones that come to mind are...
Rhodiola Rosea
Bacopa Monnieri
Ashwagandha
Ginseng