Pre workouts

jzupancic1

Awards
Can u use pre workouts like jack3d micro before a game or sporting events that involves running (football)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stimulants aren't allowed in most sporting associations.

That being said, as long as you don't overdo it you shouldn't have any adverse effects. Most guys on my old team would take a 5 hour energy or some type of preworkout before games.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Yeah the legality depends on the organization in which you are competing. But, physically, shouldn't be an issue for most, depending on caffeine tolerance. Too much stimulants prior to an intense mental/physical game like football could lead to some issues in some users with a more sensitive tolerance

jzupancic1

Awards
Ok thanks is there anyway to asses tolerance other than just trying it?

jzupancic1

Awards
I'm on jack3d micro now and I use it pre lift but somebody told me when they used a pre workouts before they ran they felt sick. There's no side effects when I lift does that mean they're wont be any when I run

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on jack3d micro now and I use it pre lift but somebody told me when they used a pre workouts before they ran they felt sick. There's no side effects when I lift does that mean they're wont be any when I run
I use them before running all the time, but that's just me.

No one can answer that for you, its something you'll have to figure out on your own.

newbreed

Awards
Ok thanks is there anyway to asses tolerance other than just trying it?
Start with 1 scoop. If it's not enough, add a half a scoop until you reach. Don't exceed 2 scoops within a 24 hour period.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can, but if they also create a pump, calf pumps can be quite hard to run with. I use to try this with ice hockey, but the pumps in my legs, prevented me from skating.

Mike

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Can u use pre workouts like jack3d micro before a game or sporting events that involves running (football)
You did not state at what level you are playing football. If it is college than you would be best suited to take the product label to your
Strength and Conditioning Coach. There are many supplements that can spike a positive test and the NCAA is strict on the penalties for doing so.

If you are still in High School then as much as you may want to jump on the bandwagon I doubt that a PWO is going to make you play any better in the game than not taking one. Your natural adrenalin alone should be sufficient enough for you to focus and play up to your full potential.
Good Luck

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only way to know is to try it (pending the legality of it with your governing body) Everyone reacts differently. I personally hate it. If anything I'll just have a caffeine pill a half hour before I run.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good points in here....i'd also look into the length of a football game, i have no experienced with micro but will the energy last the whole game? or if there a crash from it? especially for football which is a lengthy game

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't chance it. Especially if you are young(ish). You should have plenty of natural energy and endurance. Don't waste your $$ and avoid a potential side effect that could make you have to sit out the game or not perform at your natural best.

The 16, 17, 18 year old kids swilling down this crap just makes me shake my head.

d1sc1ple

Awards
I would try some beta-alanine, stuff is pretty amazing. Try out Athletic Edge's IntraXcell and sip on intrabolic and creatine mono throughout the game. Be going beastmode and it won't have any sides.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do it with practice first.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I would try some beta-alanine, stuff is pretty amazing. Try out Athletic Edge's IntraXcell and sip on intrabolic and creatine mono throughout the game. Be going beastmode and it won't have any sides.
No reason whatsoever to do creatine mono throughout the game. Probably do more harm than good. Timing does not matter one bit with creatine.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
I've done it before many sporting events....

biggest lesson learned ----> STAY HYDRATED!!!

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
They're fine to go before you run. You just have to wait about 20-30 minutes for a powder drink to settle and 60-75 minutes for a pill, any sooner and you risk puking it during a tough cardio session.

jzupancic1

Awards
Alright thanks ill try it before a practice and see what happens. I haven't experienced a crash with it at all and the energy usually lasts about 3-4 hours so that shouldn't be a problem

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
If be careful using any stimulants prior to high intensity events.

Otherwise origin is my go-to

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
G-Fuel would be ideal as a pre-game energy booster, no pumping agents

thomassj

Awards
look into supplemennts like amino acids/iforce compete for sporting events or pure energy supps like craze