Why are r-ALA supplements being discontinued?

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
All I'm seeing everywhere concerning these supplements is "discontinued". Why?

Has something better come along? This was touted as the greatest antioxidant, what has changed?

Sorry, yes, I have been living under a rock (trying to nurse myself back to health) lately...

Thanks

Grunt (yes, the same, but my other account got hacked or something).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just bought some, i dont see that happening.

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
Really?

On NP's store page, both of Primaforce's ALA products are discontinued. DS' Glucophase, same thing. And NP's own Na-r-ALA caps are out of stock...

What's a man to do? Are there other good r-ALA products? I use to always take Prima's Insopro, loved it for the integrated biotin...

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Get the powder version...

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
SAN Na-R-ALA

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
Since you must know everything, here goes: I use to be a bodybuilder, but I had to stop when I got sick. Now I have chronic exhaustion, Diabetes type 2, sleep apnea and cancer, among other things. I cannot function at all during my days, never mind bothering with powders or capping.

Are you happy now? Is your life much more complete now that you know the state of my biology?

Meantime, I searched for "SAN Na-R-ALA" on NP and no dice. Does the product have a name I should look for instead?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Since you must know everything, here goes: I use to be a bodybuilder, but I had to stop when I got sick. Now I have chronic exhaustion, Diabetes type 2, sleep apnea and cancer, among other things. I cannot function at all during my days, never mind bothering with powders or capping.

Are you happy now? Is your life much more complete now that you know the state of my biology?

Meantime, I searched for "SAN Na-R-ALA" on NP and no dice. Does the product have a name I should look for instead?
Why the snarky comments? He was just asking why not powders as powders allow for customized dosing and are much more versatile.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
Why the snarky comments? He was just asking why not powders as powders allow for customized dosing and are much more versatile.
Why all the questions? If I don't want powders, I don't want powders. It's as simple as that.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why all the questions? If I don't want powders, I don't want powders. It's as simple as that.
Puzo was making a suggestion that he thought would benefit you. Powders are more cost effective and versatile. All he asked was why no powder form. You didn't have to be a complete dick with your response and just said powders aren't for you. He asked why to try and help you out.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol bro, DS glucophase has been d/c for a god if not more, 7+ years.

Mike

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
If you are going to cop that attitude, we might just have the same reaction when you come here with your QUESTIONS seeking help.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Puzo was making a suggestion that he thought would benefit you. Powders are more cost effective and versatile. All he asked was why no powder form. You didn't have to be a complete dick with your response and just said powders aren't for you. He asked why to try and help you out.
Agreed

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So instead of acting like an adult and saying "I just prefer it to be capped" you decided to act like a child when people are taking time out of their day to help you....

3524_10151470437808419_304689371_n.jpeg

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Missed that, completely agree though!

Mike

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
So... Not wanting to talk about being on the brink of death is being a complete dick? I should just be really happy to tell you all that I'm in the process of dying a fairly slow and painful death and chit-chatting with you all about that, and be REALLY REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT huh? Really? Do you have neurons? Do they work?

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
So instead of acting like an adult and saying "I just prefer it to be capped" you decided to act like a child when people are taking time out of their day to help you....
Missed that, completely agree though!

Mike
Really? Wanting to suffer in private is being a dick? REALLY? I'm the insensitive one here! Wow! Impressive!

Strong douchbaggory up in hurr.
I hope you mean those guys. If you're talking about me, you are wrong, and you are performing exactly what it is you speak of.

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
I said NO POWDERS. He asked that I justify my personal choice of no powders. But I'm the jerk. I said no powders. You state that if I had written "powders aren't for me" it would have been better. I disagree, since I already stated "no powders". He is the one who was rudely insisting that I speak of some very very private matters that do not concern him or anyone on this forum. He couldn't have known you say? Well, it's called PRYING and it is impolite and rude. My tone was simply an answer almost on a level with that degree of rudeness. But not quite, because I like to think I'm better than that. ;)

Can you understand this? Is it really that hard? The topic of this thread is r-ALA supplements, not powder VS caps or why I prefer them. Is this really so complicated? Looks pretty simple to me...

But no, I understand that underpowered beings prefer to gang up and stick together when confronted with someone they don't know, trying to give themselves a feeling of superiority and of rightfulness, no matter how wrongheaded the actions are. So you are doing that. Very cute. Get over your insecurity, admit you are all wrong, and we'll leave it at that. OK? :)

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So... Not wanting to talk about being on the brink of death is being a complete dick? I should just be really happy to tell you all that I'm in the process of dying a fairly slow and painful death and chit-chatting with you all about that, and be REALLY REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT huh? Really? Do you have neurons? Do they work?
So if your on the brink of death why supplement ? Give that money to a charity or something.. Just saying

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He wasn't prying at all. He said get powder, you said no, he asked why, you rudely responded.

I don't care if you're dying slowly, living well, or anything in between. You responded rudely and were called on it. It's called courtesy, people are going out of their way to answer your questions to the best of their ability and you're being a tool.

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
So if your on the brink of death why supplement ? Give that money to a charity or something.. Just saying
Wow. Now, here is a specimen of greatness, implying that I should abandon the idea of living. Euthanasia suits you. For yourself. Ask your doctor about it.

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
He wasn't prying at all. He said get powder, you said no, he asked why, you rudely responded.

I don't care if you're dying slowly, living well, or anything in between. You responded rudely and were called on it. It's called courtesy, people are going out of their way to answer your questions to the best of their ability and you're being a tool.
Well, obviously your neurons don't work well at all. His asking why is impolite. It *IS* the very definition of prying. That you cannot compute this with what's between your ears speaks volumes about your abilities in general. I will not speak further to you, as you are obviously incapable of comprehending even the most basic of statements.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

I hope you get better. Seriously. Best of Luck

rreppert1

Awards
  • Established
Just be a douche grunt.... If it helps you.out, I really don't care about your douchbaggery or your story! But you sir are a rude and arrogant Dick, and I see why people here don't like you already!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just be a douche grunt.... If it helps you.out, I really don't care about your douchbaggery or your story! But you sir are a rude and arrogant Dick, and I see why people here don't like you already!
Grunt is an official A1 badass.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
this guy....
troll? 25 posts since jan 2010? maybe?

Able825

Awards
If it really is the original Grunt. I would like to pry. Do you think all the IGF is possibly responsible for your health issues?

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
If it really is the original Grunt. I would like to pry. Do you think all the IGF is possibly responsible for your health issues?
Yes, I am Grunt76. My email got hacked some years ago, and someone used my hacked email to get into my forum accounts, even using my good name and reputation to scam people. So now I'm using Grunt7684. I had other handles before Grunt76, and my presence on this board goes back to 1996 or so, if memory serves. But disagreements with Bobo made sure I had to change handles... ;)

That being said, I don't think IGF-1 in general is responsible for my health issues. However, at some point, I was sold by a renowned source something he called "Receptor-grade" IGF-1, and this stuff didn't provide any of the effects of IGF-1. After using that ****, going back to normal IGF-1 didn't provide any results at all either, even using stuff I knew was really good. It's like that stuff broke my insulin or IGF receptors. Or both. I suspect it was the much feared IGF-1 receptor binder that someone (I forget whom) had written an article about, saying it should be avoided at all costs. After that, all the problems associated with insulin resistance started cropping up.

If any of you go back that long, you may recall (or dig out of past threads, if you are that dedicated, LOL) that I used IGF long before any AAS. As a matter of fact, I was AAS-free when this problem hit. But with the effects of insulin resistance (fat gain, mostly), I simply couldn't do it as a "natural" anymore. AAS helped me very much, obviously, especially that after 14 years of natural (and "natural", using only IGF for assistance) training, my body was so primed for them. Anyway, long story short, I used AAS as a great stopgap measure, keeping me in shape for a few years until the insulin resistance turned into type 2 diabetes. To top it off, my incompetent doctor didn't see my diabetes on my blood tests, even with glycaemia readings 2, 3 times above normal, for a year or more. This did a lot of damage to me that I am still feeling today. That includes the cancer, whose incidence in diabetics is much, much higher than in the non-diabetic populations. I might write an e-book about the biology of cancer and its relation to diabetes sometime, if I have the energy for it. Doctors don't understand any of it, they just know that "the incidence of cancer among diabetics is higher". That's really not much understanding, and requires shedding light on.

I am currently writing an e-book about the biology of type 2 diabetes and all the extremely useful information that doctors do not know about, and that's not just details. There are crucial things doctors aren't trained to know and acknowledge about this disease that are a game-changer. There are also major implications for bodybuilders and any users of pharmaceutical products, and finally, the e-book explains exactly why there is an epidemic of "diabesity" in America, and it has to do with much more than being lazy, although of course, what people eat is hugely important in there, if not exactly the way we bodybuilders think about it.

You know what the funny thing is? I've been nearly 4 years out of the gym now, and when I fall asleep at night, in that state just between being awake and dreaming, I still see myself in a gym doing squats, or chin-ups, or bent-over rows... When bodybuilding is part of you, it looks like, well, it never leaves. I miss it. I'm writing that e-book for all of you guys, trying to do what I can to spread the important information that may help some people falling into the same kind of trouble that happened to me.

Do you ever wonder why some people are members on these forums for a number of years, and then disappear? They "move on" from bodybuilding. Yet, if you are any good at it, you must wonder... Why would anyone ever move on? It's healthy and it feels great. I think health troubles hit a hella lot of people around bodybuilding circles, just like other people, and eventually they don't have the energy or the drive to keep going, even though they would like to. It certainly is my case, and I know I'm not alone.

Bottom line, I suggest that everyone here be very careful what you put into your body. I knew IGF-1 LR3 was safe, and I still know that. However, what you get sold as "IGF-1" could be anything, especially these days. And that goes for absolutely everything, including AAS and supplements. My advice is, don't hunt for bargains, hunt for quality. Because once your health is gone, it can be really hard to get it back.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
However, what you get sold as "IGF-1" could be anything, especially these days. And that goes for absolutely everything, including AAS and supplements. My advice is, don't hunt for bargains, hunt for quality. Because once your health is gone, it can be really hard to get it back.
Good advice

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, I am Grunt76. My email got hacked some years ago, and someone used my hacked email to get into my forum accounts, even using my good name and reputation to scam people. So now I'm using Grunt7684. I had other handles before Grunt76, and my presence on this board goes back to 1996 or so, if memory serves. But disagreements with Bobo made sure I had to change handles... ;)

That being said, I don't think IGF-1 in general is responsible for my health issues. However, at some point, I was sold by a renowned source something he called "Receptor-grade" IGF-1, and this stuff didn't provide any of the effects of IGF-1. After using that ****, going back to normal IGF-1 didn't provide any results at all either, even using stuff I knew was really good. It's like that stuff broke my insulin or IGF receptors. Or both. I suspect it was the much feared IGF-1 receptor binder that someone (I forget whom) had written an article about, saying it should be avoided at all costs. After that, all the problems associated with insulin resistance started cropping up.

If any of you go back that long, you may recall (or dig out of past threads, if you are that dedicated, LOL) that I used IGF long before any AAS. As a matter of fact, I was AAS-free when this problem hit. But with the effects of insulin resistance (fat gain, mostly), I simply couldn't do it as a "natural" anymore. AAS helped me very much, obviously, especially that after 14 years of natural (and "natural", using only IGF for assistance) training, my body was so primed for them. Anyway, long story short, I used AAS as a great stopgap measure, keeping me in shape for a few years until the insulin resistance turned into type 2 diabetes. To top it off, my incompetent doctor didn't see my diabetes on my blood tests, even with glycaemia readings 2, 3 times above normal, for a year or more. This did a lot of damage to me that I am still feeling today. That includes the cancer, whose incidence in diabetics is much, much higher than in the non-diabetic populations. I might write an e-book about the biology of cancer and its relation to diabetes sometime, if I have the energy for it. Doctors don't understand any of it, they just know that "the incidence of cancer among diabetics is higher". That's really not much understanding, and requires shedding light on.

I am currently writing an e-book about the biology of type 2 diabetes and all the extremely useful information that doctors do not know about, and that's not just details. There are crucial things doctors aren't trained to know and acknowledge about this disease that are a game-changer. There are also major implications for bodybuilders and any users of pharmaceutical products, and finally, the e-book explains exactly why there is an epidemic of "diabesity" in America, and it has to do with much more than being lazy, although of course, what people eat is hugely important in there, if not exactly the way we bodybuilders think about it.

You know what the funny thing is? I've been nearly 4 years out of the gym now, and when I fall asleep at night, in that state just between being awake and dreaming, I still see myself in a gym doing squats, or chin-ups, or bent-over rows... When bodybuilding is part of you, it looks like, well, it never leaves. I miss it. I'm writing that e-book for all of you guys, trying to do what I can to spread the important information that may help some people falling into the same kind of trouble that happened to me.

Do you ever wonder why some people are members on these forums for a number of years, and then disappear? They "move on" from bodybuilding. Yet, if you are any good at it, you must wonder... Why would anyone ever move on? It's healthy and it feels great. I think health troubles hit a hella lot of people around bodybuilding circles, just like other people, and eventually they don't have the energy or the drive to keep going, even though they would like to. It certainly is my case, and I know I'm not alone.

Bottom line, I suggest that everyone here be very careful what you put into your body. I knew IGF-1 LR3 was safe, and I still know that. However, what you get sold as "IGF-1" could be anything, especially these days. And that goes for absolutely everything, including AAS and supplements. My advice is, don't hunt for bargains, hunt for quality. Because once your health is gone, it can be really hard to get it back.
So true. Good advice. Like I said. Best of luck and I'll be praying for you

rreppert1

Awards
  • Established
I could have actually been wrong about you grunt, i take back what i said! That was some great advice! My apologies!

Able825

Awards
hang in there grunt. there are some exciting things happening in cancer research.

don't have high enough post count to post the link but here is the full article:

Scientists find treatment to kill every kind of cancer tumor
Researchers might have found the Holy Grail in the war against cancer, a miracle drug that has killed every kind of cancer tumor it has come in contact with, the New York Post reported.
The drug works by blocking a protein called CD47 that is essentially a "do not eat" signal to the body's immune system, according to Science Magazine.
This protein is produced in healthy blood cells, but researchers at Stanford University found that cancer cells produced an inordinate amount of the protein thus tricking the immune system into not destroying the harmful cells.
With this observation in mind, the researchers built an antibody that blocked cancer's CD47 so that the body's immune system attacked the dangerous cells.
So far, researchers have used the antibody in mice with human breast, ovary, colon, bladder, brain, liver and prostate tumors transplanted into them. In each of the cases the antibody forced the mice's immune system to kill the cancer cells.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait, this is the old grunt from years ago? He was a legit guy.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait, this is the old grunt from years ago? He was a legit guy.
I've seen him before (under the old tag) and would agree that he WAS a legit guy.

Doesn't seem that way anymore though.

Oh well, not everyone takes hardship well.

"Tough times don't last, tough people do." -Trace Adkins

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen him before (under the old tag) and would agree that he WAS a legit guy.

"Come talk when you're going through his situation. Until then you're argument and opinion is irrelevant." -me.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't. The world doesn't need anymore people like him. But then again, I am a terrible person.

WTF is going on with you lately? Uncalled for Jim. Whatever has you down figure it out, take a break from the boards if need be. This isn't the Jim that used to frequent the boards. Something clearly has you all backwards. Figure it out man...

- Valdez

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Come talk when you're going through his situation. Until then you're argument and opinion is irrelevant." -me.
Lol, because he's the only one who's had hardships in life.

WTF is going on with you lately? Uncalled for Jim. Whatever has you down figure it out, take a break from the boards if need be. This isn't the Jim that used to frequent the boards. Something clearly has you all backwards. Figure it out man...

- Valdez
I literally have no idea what you're talking about...

I can't think of anything that has changed (not to say something hasn't but I can't recall anything).

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A terminal illness is not a hardship.

- Valdez
Actually, it is

hardship [h:dp] n
1. conditions of life difficult to endure
2. something that causes suffering or privation

I've known plenty of people with the same problems (my father was diabetic, my grandmother died of cancer).

Neither of them were pricks who went around lamenting their circumstances and taking it out on other people.

My dad passed from an infection he got when medical malpractice caused him to develop gangrene. Both of his legs were amputated, he still didn't act like a douche.

The reason for the difference in behavior? See Trace Adkins quote.

It's also not an excuse to come in here and treat people like sh*t. I hate to see anyone with a terminal illness, but respect still earns respect.
My point exactly.

I don't care what your circumstances are, it is not an excuse to treat people poorly. Especially people that are trying to help you out.

No one pried into his personal life, merely stated that powder is cheaper and more versatile. He acted like a child and began to b!tch about his life and act like a douche.

Why would powder form affect him negatively but caps don't? Even if it does, why is it a reason to treat people like he did?

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
Yep, that's me, and I still am. If those dudes didn't treat me like I was some POS because my post count is low, none of this BS would have happened.

And for you, jimbuick, the "special case" on this board, if I had come under my old handle and stated "no powders", I can *GUARANTEE* you that, that would have been "OK Grunt doesn't want powders". Instead, I come here with a handle with only 27 posts and I come under the holy inquisition because I don't want powders, and *OWE* whoever is posting in the thread an explanation, and not wanting to give one is what, being a douche? Really? Do you realize what it is you are saying.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, that's me, and I still am. If those dudes didn't treat me like I was some POS because my post count is low, none of this BS would have happened.

And for you, jimbuick, the "special case" on this board, if I had come under my old handle and stated "no powders", I can *GUARANTEE* you that, that would have been "OK Grunt doesn't want powders". Instead, I come here with a handle with only 27 posts and I come under the holy inquisition because I don't want powders, and *OWE* whoever is posting in the thread an explanation, and not wanting to give one is what, being a douche? Really? Do you realize what it is you are saying.
Interesting, your reading comprehension must be very poor. Especially for someone who holds himself to be the greatest intellect of our time.

Nobody called you a douche for not wanting to give an explanation. Everyone called you a douche for being a tool, see below if you need your memory refreshed.

But no, I understand that underpowered beings prefer to gang up and stick together when confronted with someone they don't know, trying to give themselves a feeling of superiority and of rightfulness, no matter how wrongheaded the actions are. So you are doing that. Very cute. Get over your insecurity, admit you are all wrong, and we'll leave it at that. OK? :)
Wow. Now, here is a specimen of greatness, implying that I should abandon the idea of living. Euthanasia suits you. For yourself. Ask your doctor about it.
Well, obviously your neurons don't work well at all. I will not speak further to you, as you are obviously incapable of comprehending even the most basic of statements.

Grunt7684

Grunt7684

Awards
Nice out of context quotes! :D

Oh, and it's "your" reading comprehension... ;)

And none of those posts are what got people riled up, what got people riled up is when I expressed my disagreement with having to explain my health situation as the reason I didn't want powders.

And again you avoid the main point of my previous post. If I had posted under my previous profile, "No powders" would have been 1,000 times sufficient and no Great Inquisition Into Why This POS "grunt" Dude Wants No Powders. And you know it's true, so you know what to do next.

Kthxbye.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone know where I can get caps of this?