Cissus, how long does it usually take?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

Cissus, how long does it usually take?

I'm currently taking SNS Cissus which is standardized down to 5% ketosterones, and I've been taking it for going on 4 weeks, and I just worked my way up to taking 3 grams because I've had some bad experiences with the cissus (that's why i gradually bumped my dosage up), and I am taking it for some tendonitis.
    The tendonitis isn't severe, it's just been there for a couple months even with rest from working out. It doesn't hurt bad by any means, it's just enough to make me worry that going through workouts may aggravate it, so I was taking the Cissus since I've been told it can heal tendon injuries.

I can tell it is helping some, because the area isn't as sore (lower biceps tendon), and if I pick my bag up off the floor at college, its not as bad, but I was just wondering how long it would take it to actually do its healing?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I notice profound effects after about a week. But it seems to just compile after that. The longer u take it the better u will feel. And some injurys just take longer to heal.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I notice profound effects after about a week. But it seems to just compile after that. The longer u take it the better u will feel. And some injurys just take longer to heal.
    Thanks for the reply!
    What dosage did you take?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

for me, around 1-2 weeks. when i take it, i also make sure to take fish oil as well for added benefits with joints
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

adding in some Joint Help (which includes more cissus + the patented ParActin) may really help you out.

The SNS cissus is quality stuff, but for really stubborn injuries the joint help definitely plays a role
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.6%

I gotta admit, I didn't feel any results for almost 2 weeks. I was a little despondent at first, not thinking it was working but after almost 2 weeks my joints feel much stronger. I guess I can't expect something that is supposed to strengthen bones and tendons to work quickly.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.45%

Kicked in within 1-2 weeks for me.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

I can tell it's helping as far as the pain and such goes, and maybe a little bit in like what I can do that I used to not be able to, but it's not doing anything miraculous for me yet as far as the tendonitis goes and the healing.
    I know a lot of people have said it's pretty strong stuff and has got them back to lifting very quickly.

It may be because I started off taking 1500 milligrams for about a week-week and a half, then went to 2000 something, then on up to 3 grams of it. Maybe it's just taking longer, or maybe I'm not taking as much as what others have been taking, I'm not sure.

I was just wondering how long it takes to actually get a good amount of healing from it.

I've heard of the paractin, and actually considered it, but I know the cissus extract is 10% with them and it's 5% with SNS and i was told to get it as low as you can for joints, that's why I've stuck with the SNS for this cissus try.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

Quote Originally Posted by joshb12 View Post
    I can tell it's helping as far as the pain and such goes, and maybe a little bit in like what I can do that I used to not be able to, but it's not doing anything miraculous for me yet as far as the tendonitis goes and the healing.
    I know a lot of people have said it's pretty strong stuff and has got them back to lifting very quickly.

It may be because I started off taking 1500 milligrams for about a week-week and a half, then went to 2000 something, then on up to 3 grams of it. Maybe it's just taking longer, or maybe I'm not taking as much as what others have been taking, I'm not sure.

I was just wondering how long it takes to actually get a good amount of healing from it.

I've heard of the paractin, and actually considered it, but I know the cissus extract is 10% with them and it's 5% with SNS and i was told to get it as low as you can for joints, that's why I've stuck with the SNS for this cissus try.
    Was reading online that recommended dose for Cissus to be 150-500 mg/day so if you have 5% extract you should be taking 3-10 g/day.

I'm currently at day 4 of USPLabs Supper Cissus that has 10% extract and each capsule has 80mg of Cissus and they recommend taking 4caps/day which would be 320mg/day. With 2 caps I'm already at 160mg/day where I started and now bumped to 3x 1 cap/day.

Regarding reviews some can't praise it enough and some say it's crap and not working so we'll know how it works for me after 2 - 3 weeks of use.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

Quote Originally Posted by ahh123 View Post
    Was reading online that recommended dose for Cissus to be 150-500 mg/day so if you have 5% extract you should be taking 3-10 g/day.

I'm currently at day 4 of USPLabs Supper Cissus that has 10% extract and each capsule has 80mg of Cissus and they recommend taking 4caps/day which would be 320mg/day. With 2 caps I'm already at 160mg/day where I started and now bumped to 3x 1 cap/day.

Regarding reviews some can't praise it enough and some say it's crap and not working so we'll know how it works for me after 2 - 3 weeks of use.
    USP Labs is only 80 MG? when did they change? I thought they were 800 mg's? If they cut it from 800 to 80, they must've really amplified it..

Like I said though, I can tell it's doing a little bit, but it just hasn't started doing anything miraculous yet for me.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

USP Labs is only 80 MG? when did they change? I thought they were 800 mg's? If they cut it from 800 to 80, they must've really amplified it..

Like I said though, I can tell it's doing a little bit, but it just hasn't started doing anything miraculous yet for me.
    I wrote 1 cap contain 80mg Cissus but capsule has 800mg Cissus stem.

Their extract is 10% so 800mg capsule at 10% extract = 80mg Cissus.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

I wrote 1 cap contain 80mg Cissus but capsule has 800mg Cissus stem.

Their extract is 10% so 800mg capsule at 10% extract = 80mg Cissus.
    Understood, sorry for the misunderstanding.

If this is the case, why would you not take something like Primaforce Cissus standardized to 40% of cissus? You're getting more Cissus that way, a lot more than 5%. Wouldn't that be the better bet?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

Understood, sorry for the misunderstanding.

If this is the case, why would you not take something like Primaforce Cissus standardized to 40% of cissus? You're getting more Cissus that way, a lot more than 5%. Wouldn't that be the better bet?
    I just added this brand cause saw it was most sold Cissus product at nutraplanet in Top 100 and had good reviews then didn't bother to look for other Cissus brands.

Now I'd probably choose a different brand.

NP should change something about their product ratings since some people give rating on what they expect from a product without even buying it or rate 5 stars cause of fast shipping and no mentioning how product works.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

anyone else had any good results with cissus and injuries?
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I never used the SNS kind, but bulk cissus took about 3-4 weeks, USP Labs super cissus took around 2 weeks. Joint help about 3-4 days.

Mike
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This is incorrect. Cissus quadrangularis is the plant, not the compound. The % refers to ketosterone content. It's not extracted for cissus. You need anywhere from 2-4g/day anecdotally.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

It took me a couple weeks but it certainly has helped. That was at 2g/day.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.13%

Week 2 or 3 now I could feel an ease the ol' bones and joints
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    adding in some Joint Help (which includes more cissus + the patented ParActin) may really help you out.

The SNS cissus is quality stuff, but for really stubborn injuries the joint help definitely plays a role
    I agree with this , for me it takes like a week to get the anti-inflamatory effects and the relief on the joints. Specially with crazy weather changes that make the joints ache, but I also like Joint Help for when I really immediate relief! Pop in 2 caps of Joint Help and bam! If it needs it haha, though I usually stick to 4 caps of SNS Cissus-XT a day.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

Just finished my usual weight lifting session and have to say now with day 6 of Super Cissus at 3x 1 cap = 2.4g Cissus stem I had no knee cracking compared to 4 days ago when 2x made loud crack.

I'm now on stack of Alphamine/Endosurge/Erase Pro/Cissus and today was nice energetic lifting - also lost 1kg in 1st week on this stack.
  21. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I agree with this , for me it takes like a week to get the anti-inflamatory effects and the relief on the joints. Specially with crazy weather changes that make the joints ache, but I also like Joint Help for when I really immediate relief! Pop in 2 caps of Joint Help and bam! If it needs it haha, though I usually stick to 4 caps of SNS Cissus-XT a day.
    the fact that Joint Help really works so quickly is pretty amazing. I've never taken an OTC product that relives pain instantly like that. Thanks for your words on it!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I gotta go with Joint Help for immediate relief as well. I just finished a bottle and ordered another. I popped 4 caps empty stomach at one point.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

^^^^^ This. Joint Help kicks in pretty quickly. Achilles is also good but takes a few days to feel some relief. I recommend either one.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.19%

Would there be any potential negative effects on hypertrophy due to Cissus' anti-inflammatory properties?
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by doggy_dog View Post
    Would there be any potential negative effects on hypertrophy due to Cissus' anti-inflammatory properties?
    No. Cissus is going to aid in joint pains long with tendon and ligament pain. By doing so this would allow you to perform better in the gym which therefore would lead to muscle anabolism.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%
    Achievements Activity Pro

depending on the injury sns cissus + iforce Joint Help is amazing for injuries.

my girlfriend had foot surgery in february, a week later i got her on cissus and joint help. its been about a month, shes out of the cast, and wearing a special shoe, the paractin + cissus is a killer combo.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.19%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    No. Cissus is going to aid in joint pains long with tendon and ligament pain. By doing so this would allow you to perform better in the gym which therefore would lead to muscle anabolism.
    Thanks, man.

Im bulking right now and I feel like I could use some Cissus.
    But I'm really focused on having them gainz.
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks, man.

Im bulking right now and I feel like I could use some Cissus.
    But I'm really focused on having them gainz.
    Cissus is a great supplement to keep on hand always. How are you dosing it?
    PES Representative
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I had terrible biceps tendinitis while playing college ball, it took about 3-4 weeks for USPLabs SuperCissus® to relieve the pain. However, It was being aggravated daily.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I had terrible biceps tendinitis while playing college ball, it took about 3-4 weeks for USPLabs SuperCissus® to relieve the pain. However, It was being aggravated daily.
    How's it been since then? does it hinder any lifts?
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%

I had bad bicep tendinitis about 2 years ago. Cissus took care of it in about 3 weeks. Mine flares up every once in a while but not near as bad as it was. Couldn't even sleep at night the pain was so bad.
    PES Representative
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

How's it been since then? does it hinder any lifts?
    It's almost non-existent now. I don't have any issues with lifts.

When it first started, I couldn't even do push ups without pain. I was back being able to do most lifts pain free in the 3-4 weeks.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

How much were you guys dosing at for yours?
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

I had bad bicep tendinitis about 2 years ago. Cissus took care of it in about 3 weeks. Mine flares up every once in a while but not near as bad as it was. Couldn't even sleep at night the pain was so bad.
    Bro, I feel your pain. Those nights were miserable I was almost certain my labrum was torn but our trainer pretty much said, much more aggressively than this....don't be a wuss
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%

Bro, I feel your pain. Those nights were miserable I was almost certain my labrum was torn but our trainer pretty much said, much more aggressively than this....don't be a wuss
    I would wake up and go insane pretty much cause I couldn't sleep and it hurt so bad. I would have told him to S.M.D. hahaha. When I had mine I could hardly perform any exercise at all. Pretty much hurt to carry a bag of groceries.
    PES Representative
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

At that time I did 4/day I believe. 2 am & 2 pm
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%

I was dosing around 3-4 grams a day if I can remember correct.
    PES Representative
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.19%

Cissus is a great supplement to keep on hand always. How are you dosing it?
    Good question. I have no idea. (havent started yet)
    According to the directions it's 2 capsules with breakfast and dinner. (I have a bottle of Super Cissus)
    So I was going to go with that which amounts to 3.2 g.

Does it have to be taken with food?
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%

Good question. I have no idea. (havent started yet)
    According to the directions it's 2 capsules with breakfast and dinner. (I have a bottle of Super Cissus)
    So I was going to go with that which amounts to 3.2 g.

Does it have to be taken with food?
    Was asking myself the same cause SNS & Primaforce Cissus direction is to take Cissus 30min before meal but USPlabs Supper Cissus direction is to take with meals hmm.

Why difference in direction of same ingredient?!?
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%

Was asking myself the same cause SNS & Primaforce Cissus direction is to take Cissus 30min before meal but USPlabs Supper Cissus direction is to take with meals hmm.

Why difference in direction of same ingredient?!?
    Pre meals it can help in appetite control in my personal experience.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long does it usually take legs to heal up?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
  2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO KIK IN ?
    By sureatsalot in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 11:51 PM
  3. About how long does it take for Deca to kick in?
    By GeneTikz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 06:27 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 07:49 AM
  5. 1-test and shut down - how long does it take?
    By boby-at in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 05:47 AM