Cissus, how long does it usually take?

joshb12

Awards
I'm currently taking SNS Cissus which is standardized down to 5% ketosterones, and I've been taking it for going on 4 weeks, and I just worked my way up to taking 3 grams because I've had some bad experiences with the cissus (that's why i gradually bumped my dosage up), and I am taking it for some tendonitis.
The tendonitis isn't severe, it's just been there for a couple months even with rest from working out. It doesn't hurt bad by any means, it's just enough to make me worry that going through workouts may aggravate it, so I was taking the Cissus since I've been told it can heal tendon injuries.

I can tell it is helping some, because the area isn't as sore (lower biceps tendon), and if I pick my bag up off the floor at college, its not as bad, but I was just wondering how long it would take it to actually do its healing?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I notice profound effects after about a week. But it seems to just compile after that. The longer u take it the better u will feel. And some injurys just take longer to heal.

joshb12

Awards
I notice profound effects after about a week. But it seems to just compile after that. The longer u take it the better u will feel. And some injurys just take longer to heal.
Thanks for the reply!
What dosage did you take?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for me, around 1-2 weeks. when i take it, i also make sure to take fish oil as well for added benefits with joints

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
adding in some Joint Help (which includes more cissus + the patented ParActin) may really help you out.

The SNS cissus is quality stuff, but for really stubborn injuries the joint help definitely plays a role

zv3

zv3

Awards
I gotta admit, I didn't feel any results for almost 2 weeks. I was a little despondent at first, not thinking it was working but after almost 2 weeks my joints feel much stronger. I guess I can't expect something that is supposed to strengthen bones and tendons to work quickly.

joshb12

Awards
I can tell it's helping as far as the pain and such goes, and maybe a little bit in like what I can do that I used to not be able to, but it's not doing anything miraculous for me yet as far as the tendonitis goes and the healing.
I know a lot of people have said it's pretty strong stuff and has got them back to lifting very quickly.

It may be because I started off taking 1500 milligrams for about a week-week and a half, then went to 2000 something, then on up to 3 grams of it. Maybe it's just taking longer, or maybe I'm not taking as much as what others have been taking, I'm not sure.

I was just wondering how long it takes to actually get a good amount of healing from it.

I've heard of the paractin, and actually considered it, but I know the cissus extract is 10% with them and it's 5% with SNS and i was told to get it as low as you can for joints, that's why I've stuck with the SNS for this cissus try.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
I can tell it's helping as far as the pain and such goes, and maybe a little bit in like what I can do that I used to not be able to, but it's not doing anything miraculous for me yet as far as the tendonitis goes and the healing.
I know a lot of people have said it's pretty strong stuff and has got them back to lifting very quickly.

It may be because I started off taking 1500 milligrams for about a week-week and a half, then went to 2000 something, then on up to 3 grams of it. Maybe it's just taking longer, or maybe I'm not taking as much as what others have been taking, I'm not sure.

I was just wondering how long it takes to actually get a good amount of healing from it.

I've heard of the paractin, and actually considered it, but I know the cissus extract is 10% with them and it's 5% with SNS and i was told to get it as low as you can for joints, that's why I've stuck with the SNS for this cissus try.
Was reading online that recommended dose for Cissus to be 150-500 mg/day so if you have 5% extract you should be taking 3-10 g/day.

I'm currently at day 4 of USPLabs Supper Cissus that has 10% extract and each capsule has 80mg of Cissus and they recommend taking 4caps/day which would be 320mg/day. With 2 caps I'm already at 160mg/day where I started and now bumped to 3x 1 cap/day.

Regarding reviews some can't praise it enough and some say it's crap and not working so we'll know how it works for me after 2 - 3 weeks of use.

joshb12

Awards
Was reading online that recommended dose for Cissus to be 150-500 mg/day so if you have 5% extract you should be taking 3-10 g/day.

I'm currently at day 4 of USPLabs Supper Cissus that has 10% extract and each capsule has 80mg of Cissus and they recommend taking 4caps/day which would be 320mg/day. With 2 caps I'm already at 160mg/day where I started and now bumped to 3x 1 cap/day.

Regarding reviews some can't praise it enough and some say it's crap and not working so we'll know how it works for me after 2 - 3 weeks of use.
USP Labs is only 80 MG? when did they change? I thought they were 800 mg's? If they cut it from 800 to 80, they must've really amplified it..

Like I said though, I can tell it's doing a little bit, but it just hasn't started doing anything miraculous yet for me.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
USP Labs is only 80 MG? when did they change? I thought they were 800 mg's? If they cut it from 800 to 80, they must've really amplified it..

Like I said though, I can tell it's doing a little bit, but it just hasn't started doing anything miraculous yet for me.
I wrote 1 cap contain 80mg Cissus but capsule has 800mg Cissus stem.

Their extract is 10% so 800mg capsule at 10% extract = 80mg Cissus.

joshb12

Awards
I wrote 1 cap contain 80mg Cissus but capsule has 800mg Cissus stem.

Their extract is 10% so 800mg capsule at 10% extract = 80mg Cissus.
Understood, sorry for the misunderstanding.

If this is the case, why would you not take something like Primaforce Cissus standardized to 40% of cissus? You're getting more Cissus that way, a lot more than 5%. Wouldn't that be the better bet?

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Understood, sorry for the misunderstanding.

If this is the case, why would you not take something like Primaforce Cissus standardized to 40% of cissus? You're getting more Cissus that way, a lot more than 5%. Wouldn't that be the better bet?
I just added this brand cause saw it was most sold Cissus product at nutraplanet in Top 100 and had good reviews then didn't bother to look for other Cissus brands.

Now I'd probably choose a different brand.

NP should change something about their product ratings since some people give rating on what they expect from a product without even buying it or rate 5 stars cause of fast shipping and no mentioning how product works.

joshb12

Awards
anyone else had any good results with cissus and injuries?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never used the SNS kind, but bulk cissus took about 3-4 weeks, USP Labs super cissus took around 2 weeks. Joint help about 3-4 days.

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

This is incorrect. Cissus quadrangularis is the plant, not the compound. The % refers to ketosterone content. It's not extracted for cissus. You need anywhere from 2-4g/day anecdotally.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It took me a couple weeks but it certainly has helped. That was at 2g/day.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 or 3 now I could feel an ease the ol' bones and joints

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
adding in some Joint Help (which includes more cissus + the patented ParActin) may really help you out.

The SNS cissus is quality stuff, but for really stubborn injuries the joint help definitely plays a role
I agree with this , for me it takes like a week to get the anti-inflamatory effects and the relief on the joints. Specially with crazy weather changes that make the joints ache, but I also like Joint Help for when I really immediate relief! Pop in 2 caps of Joint Help and bam! If it needs it haha, though I usually stick to 4 caps of SNS Cissus-XT a day.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Just finished my usual weight lifting session and have to say now with day 6 of Super Cissus at 3x 1 cap = 2.4g Cissus stem I had no knee cracking compared to 4 days ago when 2x made loud crack.

I'm now on stack of Alphamine/Endosurge/Erase Pro/Cissus and today was nice energetic lifting - also lost 1kg in 1st week on this stack.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this , for me it takes like a week to get the anti-inflamatory effects and the relief on the joints. Specially with crazy weather changes that make the joints ache, but I also like Joint Help for when I really immediate relief! Pop in 2 caps of Joint Help and bam! If it needs it haha, though I usually stick to 4 caps of SNS Cissus-XT a day.
the fact that Joint Help really works so quickly is pretty amazing. I've never taken an OTC product that relives pain instantly like that. Thanks for your words on it!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta go with Joint Help for immediate relief as well. I just finished a bottle and ordered another. I popped 4 caps empty stomach at one point.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^^^ This. Joint Help kicks in pretty quickly. Achilles is also good but takes a few days to feel some relief. I recommend either one.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Would there be any potential negative effects on hypertrophy due to Cissus' anti-inflammatory properties?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would there be any potential negative effects on hypertrophy due to Cissus' anti-inflammatory properties?
No. Cissus is going to aid in joint pains long with tendon and ligament pain. By doing so this would allow you to perform better in the gym which therefore would lead to muscle anabolism.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
depending on the injury sns cissus + iforce Joint Help is amazing for injuries.

my girlfriend had foot surgery in february, a week later i got her on cissus and joint help. its been about a month, shes out of the cast, and wearing a special shoe, the paractin + cissus is a killer combo.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
No. Cissus is going to aid in joint pains long with tendon and ligament pain. By doing so this would allow you to perform better in the gym which therefore would lead to muscle anabolism.
Thanks, man.

Im bulking right now and I feel like I could use some Cissus.
But I'm really focused on having them gainz. :D

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, man.

Im bulking right now and I feel like I could use some Cissus.
But I'm really focused on having them gainz. :D
Cissus is a great supplement to keep on hand always. How are you dosing it?

joshb12

Awards
I had terrible biceps tendinitis while playing college ball, it took about 3-4 weeks for USPLabs SuperCissus® to relieve the pain. However, It was being aggravated daily.
How's it been since then? does it hinder any lifts?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had terrible biceps tendinitis while playing college ball, it took about 3-4 weeks for USPLabs SuperCissus® to relieve the pain. However, It was being aggravated daily.
I had bad bicep tendinitis about 2 years ago. Cissus took care of it in about 3 weeks. Mine flares up every once in a while but not near as bad as it was. Couldn't even sleep at night the pain was so bad.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's it been since then? does it hinder any lifts?
It's almost non-existent now. I don't have any issues with lifts.

When it first started, I couldn't even do push ups without pain. I was back being able to do most lifts pain free in the 3-4 weeks.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had bad bicep tendinitis about 2 years ago. Cissus took care of it in about 3 weeks. Mine flares up every once in a while but not near as bad as it was. Couldn't even sleep at night the pain was so bad.
Bro, I feel your pain. Those nights were miserable I was almost certain my labrum was torn but our trainer pretty much said, much more aggressively than this....don't be a wuss :lol:

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, I feel your pain. Those nights were miserable I was almost certain my labrum was torn but our trainer pretty much said, much more aggressively than this....don't be a wuss :lol:
I would wake up and go insane pretty much cause I couldn't sleep and it hurt so bad. I would have told him to S.M.D. hahaha. When I had mine I could hardly perform any exercise at all. Pretty much hurt to carry a bag of groceries.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Cissus is a great supplement to keep on hand always. How are you dosing it?
Good question. I have no idea. (havent started yet)
According to the directions it's 2 capsules with breakfast and dinner. (I have a bottle of Super Cissus)
So I was going to go with that which amounts to 3.2 g.

Does it have to be taken with food?

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
According to the directions it's 2 capsules with breakfast and dinner. (I have a bottle of Super Cissus)

Was asking myself the same cause SNS & Primaforce Cissus direction is to take Cissus 30min before meal but USPlabs Supper Cissus direction is to take with meals hmm.

Why difference in direction of same ingredient?!?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Was asking myself the same cause SNS & Primaforce Cissus direction is to take Cissus 30min before meal but USPlabs Supper Cissus direction is to take with meals hmm.

Why difference in direction of same ingredient?!?
Pre meals it can help in appetite control in my personal experience.

zv3

zv3

Awards
I'm taking a powder and not even at the recommended dosages, but it's gotten rid of my shoulder pain and my joints don't hurt like they did before, it's def a good supp. It really helps lift more when your tendons and joints feel great like this!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I take mine 20-30 minutes pre-meal no matter what brand I take. It can be taken with food though. Doesn't really matter unless you are using it for appetite control and weight management.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm taking a powder and not even at the recommended dosages, but it's gotten rid of my shoulder pain and my joints don't hurt like they did before, it's def a good supp. It really helps lift more when your tendons and joints feel great like this!
Cissus really is a great supplement to take no matter what the case. Good to hear its helping with you pain.