Muscle Milk vs old Skim mild whey shake

BAD_MO_FO

Awards
Any benefit to drinking muscle milk over skim milk, whey and flax oil shake?

Stingray

Awards
TASTE!!! :) I just love MM's Rootbeer flavor!!:D

BAD_MO_FO

Awards
I hear you there. I'm just a looking for a cheaper alternative that still tastes good. Basically what I want to know is will the milk with the whey slow the absorbtion of the protein down some.

TASTE!!! :) I just love MM's Rootbeer flavor!!:D

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear you there. I'm just a looking for a cheaper alternative that still tastes good. Basically what I want to know is will the milk with the whey slow the absorbtion of the protein down some.

Yes milk will slow protien absorbtion. Why not use water in your shakes? I use water in every shake except the one I have before bed.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Honestly it isn't going to make much of a difference on results. Just drink the milk and whey after your workout. This was a strong point I learned from Bobo and a few others about post workout meals. Instead of going crazy with the sugar/dextrose etc.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
So, BoBo recommends going on lower side with PWO carbs? At 220lbs I use 40-50 grams dextrose. Is this too much? I thought it was pretty low. And to the original question, I think milk definetly slows the obsorption to a significant extent. I drink about 2-3 cups milk a day with my whey shakes. Or cottage cheese if before bed.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
So, BoBo recommends going on lower side with PWO carbs? At 220lbs I use 40-50 grams dextrose. Is this too much? I thought it was pretty low. And to the original question, I think milk definetly slows the obsorption to a significant extent. I drink about 2-3 cups milk a day with my whey shakes. Or cottage cheese if before bed.
Well I know he is a proponent of normal GI carbs pwo instead of going with the x amount of dextrose etc. I was doing that before and he has me switched up.