Best "non-jittery" pre-workout supplement?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Looks ok. Not sure 2.4g lecithin will do much. I use 35g a day.

2. Quote Originally Posted by meathead1987
    Looks ok. Not sure 2.4g lecithin will do much. I use 35g a day.
    the caps are 1200mg each. I dont know yet what's exactly inside. Maybe i'll take 3-4...
    •   

3. amp sounds interesting if it ever hits the market!

4. I don't see why it wouldn't. AMP is a constituent of the flower geranium which is widely used. It stimulates the adrenal cortex and leads to epinephrine release similar to ephedrine.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

5. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    the caps are 1200mg each. I dont know yet what's exactly inside. Maybe i'll take 3-4...
    You should definitely look for lecithin granules. Some grocery stores carry them in the refrigerated section. Take a tablespoon a day of those if you can get them.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    •   

6. i didnt mean because it was something illegal, just that its been hyped for so long.

7. Thanks for the info Meathead and Aeternitatis. I've got my powders coming and will try this out;

5g Taurine
    2g ALCAR
    2g Tyrosine
    1g Alpha GPC
    1g Betaine
    1g Glucuronolactone
    1 Packet of Emergen-C
    Flavoring of Sour apple, Pineapple or Orange (got all 3 coming to see which I like.

I'll take this preworkout on an empty stomach. Any need for this post workout? Or is 1x day (early AM) fine.

8. I would just take it preworkout and on off days have it the am if you need a boost. Keep in mind that the Emer'gen-C goes a ways towards helping with flavor, but you're still going to have to add stevia and a little sucrose.

And since you're taking PowerSwede's advice about vit C, the emergenC fits in well. That was one of the reasons I decided to add it myself.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge

9. Quote Originally Posted by AcuDoc
    Thanks for the info Meathead and Aeternitatis. I've got my powders coming and will try this out;

5g Taurine
    2g ALCAR
    2g Tyrosine
    1g Alpha GPC
    1g Betaine
    1g Glucuronolactone
    1 Packet of Emergen-C
    Flavoring of Sour apple, Pineapple or Orange (got all 3 coming to see which I like.

I'll take this preworkout on an empty stomach. Any need for this post workout? Or is 1x day (early AM) fine.
    I take another 5g of taurine post-workout.
    Also anti-oxidants are best taken after working out. So i would move that vitamin C.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Also anti-oxidants are best taken after working out. So i would move that vitamin C.
    The Vit-c is essential for a good flavor. Believe me on this. If you look at various fruit flavored candies you'll find that most have something in common; the addition of ascorbic acid and/or citric acid.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge

11. Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    The Vit-c is essential for a good flavor. Believe me on this. If you look at various fruit flavored candies you'll find that most have something in common; the addition of ascorbic acid and/or citric acid.
    DOH!
    All kind of vit c stuff here has an horrible taste for me. Thanks god the one in the joint syrup is good enough.
    But i can understand u that u need more flavour to the mix. I think it'll be fine, maybe try a slow release C.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Excellent, another 5g of Taurine with some Emergen-C will be taken post workout. Thanks

13. Quote Originally Posted by AcuDoc
    Excellent, another 5g of Taurine with some Emergen-C will be taken post workout. Thanks
    Taurine is tasteless, you dont need the Emergen-C, if you take enough pre-WO, if not split the dose like 1g pre and 1g post.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best pre-Workout supplement
    By natedogg151 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 889
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 09:34 AM
  2. Best Pre Workout Supplement?
    By Benzino in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
  3. Best Pre-Workout Supplement
    By Mitch8892 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM
  4. Best Pre workout supplement??
    By deads4life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 11:13 PM
  5. Best Pre-workout supplement (Capsule form)
    By tranceaddict in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 03:57 AM