Best protein powder for meal replacements

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I been using Trutein though its been getting pricey. I am looking for a good blend of Egg White, Micellar Casein, and Whey. Seems most blends are mainly Whey. Can anyone give me a list of other products out there that are quality?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
theres too many choices to list. go to nutra's store and browse the proteins

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always make your own. Use A blended protein, some oat powder, maybe some of that powdered peanut butter stuff. One product that i want to try is Dymatize Fusion 7.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. The problem I am facing is with the blends. Hard to know quality of them. Trutein broke it down by percentages of how much Whey, Micellar, and Egg white they have in theirs. Don't want to get a blend that is 90% Whey concentrate and 10% of Micellar or Egg.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always make your own. Use A blended protein, some oat powder, maybe some of that powdered peanut butter stuff. One product that i want to try is Dymatize Fusion 7.

Dymatize looks like a good profile, however i really didnt care for the taste of their elite xt.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dymatize looks like a good profile, however i really didnt care for the taste of their elite xt.
Who knows, it might be different since the ingredients are not completely the same. Maybe you can get a sample from their site. I would probably just make your own then. If you're concerned about not knowing the percentages in blends, you could always get a whey and casein and make your own blend then add whatever fats and carbs you want to.

If you'd like to try another blend, I would suggest Combat Powder, that stuff is delicious.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
When I choose a MRP, the first thing I usually look for is the carb source.

I stay away from the sugary ones, such as maltodextrin, and aim for more slow-release carb sources such as oats.

Two that have a good carb source (as well as other good things) would be Gold Feast and Core-MRP.

Look for the carb to sugar ratio.

Or you could make your own, which is a bit more of a pain in the arse / time consuming, but you can regulate what it contains exactly

jzupancic1

Awards
Yah whoever said combat by mp I got a 4lb. Tub of that and it was great. It was good value tasted good and I gained about 6lbs. In a month on it.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Truetein is gonna b the best bang for your buck tbh.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Are you looking for an MRP, with P/F/C, or a blend of protein with different protein sources?

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
syntha6 and fusion7 are both very similar and tasty

blend of proteins, good amt of fiber, good fats ...not much carbs

hsk

Awards
  • Established
If you can't find a pre-made product that you like, you can always make your own custom blend at TN.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty solid idea.

For what it's worth Fusion 7 isn't bad either.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
My favorite is coremrp. You can't beat it's profile, and it tastes good too.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you looking for an MRP, with P/F/C, or a blend of protein with different protein sources?
I don't do carbs between meals. Just almonds and shake. I like using 16oz. Milk with one scoop of Protein. I'm looking for a good blend of Micellar, Egg White, and Whey. Most blends I find though are mostly whey based.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
for what it's worth as an mrp fusion 7 isn't bad. Protean is a solid product with a solid macronutrient profile, and the taste is just awesome

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Protean is a solid product with a solid macronutrient profile, and the taste is just awesome

this. with flavors like Red Velvet Cake and Vanilla Mint Swirl and Chocolate Truffle...HNNNNNGGGGGGGG