Intra Workout nutrition

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    I agree with this. Except for the part about the brain, which is priority #1 for cardiovascular regulation under all conditions
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Yeah but thats for enhancing protein synthesis post workout, i.e. a shift from AMPK phosphorylation to mTOR activation. And Leucine is alsBCAA (which was the primary EAA of interest) so wouldn't BCAA intake do pretty much the same thing?
    So what is the best way to keep AMPK elevated? Is maximizing protein synthesis via 4g leu enough?

    Also what is the best way to switch that from AMPK to mTOR during post workout?
    Would whey isolate with 4g leu and some fast acting carbs be adequate?

    I'd research it but i'm at work and also on my phone..

    Thank you all in advance for your response. This thread seems to have allot of good info.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    So what is the best way to keep AMPK elevated? Is maximizing protein synthesis via 4g leu enough?

    Also what is the best way to switch that from AMPK to mTOR during post workout?
    Would whey isolate with 4g leu and some fast acting carbs be adequate?

    I'd research it but i'm at work and also on my phone..

    Thank you all in advance for your response. This thread seems to have allot of good info.
    Ideally you just want AMPK activated during a workout session, because it increases lipid oxidation and glucose transport. After exercise you want to activate mTOR which is done primarily by Leucine (hence why BCAA's or Leucine may be a good idea to supplement with to activate this pathway, or foods rich in Leucine.

    Post exercise CHo supplement can restore protein balance and an attenuation of 3-MH excretion, this process can last up to 24hrs post exercise following a CHO/ protein meal. Insulin (bought out via CHO) can decrease protein degradation folowing resistance exercise.

    EAA's and BCAAs are prime during this time period following exercise as they increase the sensitivity of the muscle to the protein stimulatory effects of insulin but again, this is largely the role of Leucine (which is in both EAA and BCAA supplements).

    As for dosing, 5-10g maybe of Leucine Post workout
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Ideally you just want AMPK activated during a workout session, because it increases lipid oxidation and glucose transport. After exercise you want to activate mTOR which is done primarily by Leucine (hence why BCAA's or Leucine may be a good idea to supplement with to activate this pathway, or foods rich in Leucine.

    Post exercise CHo supplement can restore protein balance and an attenuation of 3-MH excretion, this process can last up to 24hrs post exercise following a CHO/ protein meal. Insulin (bought out via CHO) can decrease protein degradation folowing resistance exercise.

    EAA's and BCAAs are prime during this time period following exercise as they increase the sensitivity of the muscle to the protein stimulatory effects of insulin but again, this is largely the role of Leucine (which is in both EAA and BCAA supplements).

    As for dosing, 5-10g maybe of Leucine Post workout
    So is there much point to bcaa during training if they're needed most post

  4. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post

    So is there much point to bcaa during training if they're needed most post
    Yeah they play a role in intra workout as well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  5. I was actually looking at usp labs bcaa product, I noticed it had electrolytes, and around 4 g leu a scoop
    •   
       


  6. During the last 3yrs i have tried many intraworkout supplements... Atomic 7,,Strive,,Xtend,,Modern BCAA,,Purple Wraath,, purple Psyko,,Power Shock,,recoverpro,,recoup,,ami nolast,,xf ice, and a few others. of all that i have tried only 2 have made a difference during my workouts and after my workouts that i can actually feel make a difference. Sizeon max preformance A very good intra topped only by the king of intraworkout INTRABOLIC. every time i try a new intra i regret it and go back to intrabolic. i have been thinking about trying iforce Compete for a while now but dont really wanna be dissapointed once again,,

  7. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I was actually looking at usp labs bcaa product, I noticed it had electrolytes, and around 4 g leu a scoop
    Added electrolytes will benefit long duration workouts (over say 90 minutes+) more than anything, or unless you sweat a alot. It won't do you any harm though, so the added electrolytes with BCAA will help you with long duration HIIT or LISS.

    But for short workouts, it won't make too much of a difference.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Added electrolytes will benefit long duration workouts (over say 90 minutes+) more than anything, or unless you sweat a alot. It won't do you any harm though, so the added electrolytes with BCAA will help you with long duration HIIT or LISS.

    But for short workouts, it won't make too much of a difference.
    Thank you for the reply jiggz. I usually lift between one to two hours, and I sweat like a dog no matter what

  9. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I was actually looking at usp labs bcaa product, I noticed it had electrolytes, and around 4 g leu a scoop
    The electrolytes are awesome That is what I love about compete, it contains electrolytes.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  10. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    I was actually looking at usp labs bcaa product, I noticed it had electrolytes, and around 4 g leu a scoop
    Been using that since it came out. Love the electrolytes, the amount of leucine, the form of glutamine (Sustamine) that has better stability in water, no artificial coloring, and the flavor which isn't too aggressive.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post

    Been using that since it came out. Love the electrolytes, the amount of leucine, the form of glutamine (Sustamine) that has better stability in water, no artificial coloring, and the flavor which isn't too aggressive.
    I didn't even realize they had a more stable form of glutamine.
    Cheers m8
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pre, Intra, and Post workout Nutrition
    By rockme in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
  2. intra workout nutrition - which product?
    By adil in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 05:22 PM
  3. ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION-New Intra-Workout article in MD
    By Athletic Edge N in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 03:59 PM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Log in
Log in