Anxiety and stimulants

1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Anxiety and stimulants

What's up bro's? I am trying to kick a two year stimulant addiction, LOL. When I take them I feel like **** and when I do not I feel like ****. I know my adrenals are shot and that my nody is in fight or flight. Lately, I have been having extreme anxiety while on and off and some occasional panic attacks. Is there anything to take to help with coming off or tpo help with the panic attacks. I bought some St. Johns Wort today and some Adrenal Support. Talk to me! Should I stop cold turkey or ween myself off. Any advice is more than appreciated!

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%

You need to see a doctor.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    You need to see a doctor.
    Thanks, but could you be more specific as to why?
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole30
    What's up bro's? I am trying to kick a two year stimulant addiction, LOL. When I take them I feel like **** and when I do not I feel like ****. I know my adrenals are shot and that my nody is in fight or flight. Lately, I have been having extreme anxiety while on and off and some occasional panic attacks. Is there anything to take to help with coming off or tpo help with the panic attacks. I bought some St. Johns Wort today and some Adrenal Support. Talk to me! Should I stop cold turkey or ween myself off. Any advice is more than appreciated!
    Maybe addiction is misleading! I have been using them off and on, but the past year has been pretty consistent. I only use one serving per day normally, but by mid-afternoon the anxiety kicks in.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Maybe addiction is misleading! I have been using them off and on, but the past year has been pretty consistent. I only use one serving per day normally, but by mid-afternoon the anxiety kicks in.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

St.johns wort will work good if you take it consistantly. Also 5htp, but I don't know about using it consistantly.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.48%

what kind of stims are you taking and at what dosages?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%

You will feel like **** for like 3-4 days when coming off stims.Take l tyrosin along with 5 htp and should be fine.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.25%

Thanks, but could you be more specific as to why?
    Prescriptions, unless you're opposed to them. I get panic attacks too, or did, and I have anxiety problems. I can't really give medical advice but a Risperdal will kill extremely bad anxiety in about 1 minute, for example. Verrry effective.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Valerian helped with the anxieties at night time, SAME might also be beneficial but it's ex$pensive
  11. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Well, I did not abuse stimulants or take more than the normal dosage. I have just consistantly used Redline and/or Clenbutrx for the last two years. Not necessarily everyday, but just about. The anxiety attacks just came on recently with stress being a major factor in haing them.

I will definitely take the St. Johns Wort everyday and may pick up some Valerian too. I also have L-Tyrosine that I will take. Maybe 6g spread over 3 doses.
  12. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Well, I did not abuse stimulants or take more than the normal dosage. I have just consistantly used Redline and/or Clenbutrx for the last two years. Not necessarily everyday, but just about. The anxiety attacks just came on recently with stress being a major factor in haing them.

I will definitely take the St. Johns Wort everyday and may pick up some Valerian too. I also have L-Tyrosine that I will take. Maybe 6g spread over 3 doses.

I didn't have any luck with anything except Phenibut. It works wonders. You cannot take it long term and DO NOT abuse it. Just take 500mg and try not to take it for more than 3 days without taking a day off. The less you use it, the more effective it will be.

At night, I take L-theanine if I need some help relaxing before going to bed.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    I didn't have any luck with anything except Phenibut. It works wonders. You cannot take it long term and DO NOT abuse it. Just take 500mg and try not to take it for more than 3 days without taking a day off. The less you use it, the more effective it will be.

At night, I take L-theanine if I need some help relaxing before going to bed.
    Thanks for the advice!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.42%

Try ALCAR that really improves my mood although I´m not having severe problems.
    And tongcat Ali did really help me relax and feel the benzodiazepine-like mood and loss of anxiety.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.14%

Kava Kava is good for relaxing as well. It's supposed to be "natures valium"....lol.

Look...your gonna feel like crap for a short while when you come off those things if you've done em for a long time consistantly. Just bite the bullet and hang in there.

ALCAR is great. I can tell a difference at about 1g three times a day.
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70%

Do you work a day job (i.e. 8-5)?
    Tired after lunch?
    How much sleep per night? Irregular sleep?
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%

5HTP has worked great for me in the past. Kava Kava is supposed to relax you, although for me it was just a placebo. Melatonin or valerian root at night is best. Like someone said earlier in the thread, its gonna suck for like the 1st week. I used to have addiction issues so I know where your at.
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.6%

ok i can tell u def do not take alcar..take rhodia rosea at 500 mgs a day 2x a day..if its affecting ur sleep take melatonin at night to help..not every night but when needed..l-theanine will also mellow the hell out too and keep u focused..take it from me i have anxiety brought on from 2 car wrecks(i was the victim in both..still think i have a target on my ass..lol)..i also work swing shift and its tough adjusting and vey stressful.i have had to deal with bull**** prescription ... paxil..which i do not recommend at all..my ex was on 75 mgs of the cr and was driving people crazy..they give that stuff out too liberally..guess they get a nice kickback from it..seriously try what i recommend as there exttremely cheap and effective and very safe.u need any more help feel free to pm me..
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.53%

Quote Originally Posted by biggjohn
    Do you work a day job (i.e. 8-5)?
    Tired after lunch?
    How much sleep per night? Irregular sleep?
    I work for VPX Sports, 10 hours per day. I do not get tired per say, but I do get headaches just about everyday. At night I am always restless and wake throughout the night.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.21%

Quote Originally Posted by wojo
    ok i can tell u def do not take alcar..take rhodia rosea at 500 mgs a day 2x a day..if its affecting ur sleep take melatonin at night to help..not every night but when needed..l-theanine will also mellow the hell out too and keep u focused..take it from me i have anxiety brought on from 2 car wrecks(i was the victim in both..still think i have a target on my ass..lol)..i also work swing shift and its tough adjusting and vey stressful.i have had to deal with bull**** prescription ... paxil..which i do not recommend at all..my ex was on 75 mgs of the cr and was driving people crazy..they give that stuff out too liberally..guess they get a nice kickback from it..seriously try what i recommend as there exttremely cheap and effective and very safe.u need any more help feel free to pm me..
    Why was your ex driving people crazy? I just started taking paxil cr.
  21. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.55%

I'm in this boat right now... Only it's more like a 5-6 year addiction, and more like 3-5 times a day dosing. A couple months off here and there, but mostly straight throughout. Right now I have all the symptoms you mentioned, but more and worse.

I've been doing a lot of research on nootropics and even presciption drugs lately. Really I'm looking for an "intermediate", or something I can take in the meantime and feel half normal without ephedrine.

I'm trying to drop the stims one at a time. I've been off of yohimbine for about 10 days now, and I can definitely tell it's missing, though it is getting better. I've still been using caff/eph. I got some Tyramine powder last night, so today is day one (hopefully I'll make it through) of substituting Tyramine for Ephedrine, and I'm gonna keep at the caffeine for a while. The plan is to get off all stims, but one step at a time.

This is all just bull**** though until I get my modafinil, muahahahahahaha

Drugs are bad, mmmmmkay
  22. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.6%

Quote Originally Posted by ballzasteel
    Why was your ex driving people crazy? I just started taking paxil cr.

she had a prob thats the medicine wasnt helping ..cr in moderate dosing is fine but just be careful they dont jack it up on u..i dont think her theraist was doing her job and took the easy was out.she had major anxiety..i staye with her because i thought i could help her didnt work out that way tho
  23. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70%

I work for VPX Sports, 10 hours per day. I do not get tired per say, but I do get headaches just about everyday. At night I am always restless and wake throughout the night.
    Could be stress related, the lack of good quality sleep isn't helping.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dealing with Anxiety and Seperation.
    By natedogg in forum General Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 11:22 PM
  2. Alpha Drive XL and Stimulant X log (contest)
    By powerclean in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 04:02 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
  5. for muscle endurence and stimulation
    By 400runner in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:09 PM