anti estrogens

gibbons2

Awards
What do you guys think about them? any input is appreciated... just want to get knowledge on them. Thanks

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They can be quite useful for fat loss/"drying out." Erase is a favorite around here

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
They can be quite useful for fat loss/"drying out." Erase is a favorite around here
are they actually good for fat loss? i thought that was just a saying because of the drying effect

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
are they actually good for fat loss? i thought that was just a saying because of the drying effect
The data is actually quite mixed on the topic, with suggestions that those with higher than normal/optimal levels could benefit. It honestly goes both ways, even with respect to muscle mass. Here's a nice read I had bookmarked:

Weight Loss, Exercise And Health Research - Carrie P. Saylor - Google Books

Note that aromatase activity is very low in skeletal muscle (and much higher in adipose tissue) so you don't have to be concerned in this regard. Just thought it was cool stuff

nidhogg

Awards
It would appear that inhibiting estrogen activity either by aromatase or direct antagonism is counter productive for fat loss. The articles i came across used aromatase, estrogen receptor and androgen receptor knockout mice. Some were gender specific and others were not.

Aromatase and estrogen receptor knockout mice(males + females) showed greater fat accumulation, both visceral and peripheral. They also had increased insulin sensitivity and reduced leptin secretion. Androgen receptor knockout mice showed slight fat accumulation but also a large increase in lipase(and probably downstream increase in UCP) but they had normal insulin sensitivity and LPL levels.

InVitro studies shows that androgens, but not estrogens, increase adrenergic alpha 2 expression in non specific tissue thus inhibiting lipolysis. On the other hand, androgens showed inhibition of adipocyte proliferation i.e. formation of new fatty cells whilst estrogen increases.
Estrogens on the other hand resulted in increased adenylyl cyclase activity suggesting enhanced beta adrenoceptor activity and so increased downstream lipolytic activity.

Based on the information provided above, i conclude healthy levels of estrogens is optimal for fat loss. Real life results may be completely different but most theories are based on vitro evidence, so using AAs may be counter productive.

But then again, considering that plenty of fat burners contain a2 inhibitors in some form and that increased AR activity is muscle sparing, slight decreases(if any) is a low price to pay for holding on to hard earned muscle.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Will agree on this one.

Was taking Alphamine for 20 days and little change in my belly area even with light weight lifting 3x a week and almost no change in weight.

Then 3 weeks break and I've started taking Erase Pro 3x/week 1 cap and in next 3 weeks without any exercise I've lost 1kg and even saw slightly 6 pack in belly area.

Not to mention overall improvement in quality of sleep, mood - was very impressed not to mention convenience of taking 1 cap just 2 or 3x a week.

Tried before also Erase at 3 caps a day for 6 days and all 6 days no morning wood but no such problem when taking Erase Pro.

Which tells me everybody needs to find their sweet spot not to crush estrogen too low and wood is best indicator to tell you this.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will agree on this one.

Was taking Alphamine for 20 days and little change in my belly area even with light weight lifting 3x a week and almost no change in weight.

Then 3 weeks break and I've started taking Erase Pro 3x/week 1 cap and in next 3 weeks without any exercise I've lost 1kg and even saw slightly 6 pack in belly area.

Not to mention overall improvement in quality of sleep, mood - was very impressed not to mention convenience of taking 1 cap just 2 or 3x a week.

Tried before also Erase at 3 caps a day for 6 days and all 6 days no morning wood but no such problem when taking Erase Pro.

Which tells me everybody needs to find their sweet spot not to crush estrogen too low and wood is best indicator to tell you this.
I avoid AIs as they kill my libido!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Coop speaks truth! Cool speaks truth!

That kinda rhymes? Haha

gibbons2

Awards
I've seen people say that estrogen bounces back after use or something like that. ever heard of something like this?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
The data is actually quite mixed on the topic, with suggestions that those with higher than normal/optimal levels could benefit. It honestly goes both ways, even with respect to muscle mass. Here's a nice read I had bookmarked:

Weight Loss, Exercise And Health Research - Carrie P. Saylor - Google Books

Note that aromatase activity is very low in skeletal muscle (and much higher in adipose tissue) so you don't have to be concerned in this regard. Just thought it was cool stuff
this. i dont think they do MUCH unless you have higher levels already. it will kill your libido

gibbons2

Awards
so would I have to worry about estrogen bouncjng back at all?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It would appear that inhibiting estrogen activity either by aromatase or direct antagonism is counter productive for fat loss. The articles i came across used aromatase, estrogen receptor and androgen receptor knockout mice. Some were gender specific and others were not.

Aromatase and estrogen receptor knockout mice(males + females) showed greater fat accumulation, both visceral and peripheral. They also had increased insulin sensitivity and reduced leptin secretion. Androgen receptor knockout mice showed slight fat accumulation but also a large increase in lipase(and probably downstream increase in UCP) but they had normal insulin sensitivity and LPL levels.

InVitro studies shows that androgens, but not estrogens, increase adrenergic alpha 2 expression in non specific tissue thus inhibiting lipolysis. On the other hand, androgens showed inhibition of adipocyte proliferation i.e. formation of new fatty cells whilst estrogen increases.
Estrogens on the other hand resulted in increased adenylyl cyclase activity suggesting enhanced beta adrenoceptor activity and so increased downstream lipolytic activity.

Based on the information provided above, i conclude healthy levels of estrogens is optimal for fat loss. Real life results may be completely different but most theories are based on vitro evidence, so using AAs may be counter productive.

But then again, considering that plenty of fat burners contain a2 inhibitors in some form and that increased AR activity is muscle sparing, slight decreases(if any) is a low price to pay for holding on to hard earned muscle.

The data is definitely muddled, and obviously one cannot compare Erase to an estrogen knockout mouse. Plus, as you said, forskolin and/or rauwolscine would ameliorate any adrenergic effects that may arise, though I don't foresee such from a 4-8 week Erase cycle.

To the others: Rebound is no concern, practically speaking

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Now that I'm around 12-13 % even one dose of OG Erase dries out my joints...shame because I really enjoyed its 'drying out' effects.

gibbons2

Awards
The data is definitely muddled, and obviously one cannot compare Erase to an estrogen knockout mouse. Plus, as you said, forskolin and/or rauwolscine would ameliorate any adrenergic effects that may arise, though I don't foresee such from a 4-8 week Erase cycle.

To the others: Rebound is no concern, practically speaking
so what would you say about formadrol?

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
so would I have to worry about estrogen bouncjng back at all?
I just ran 75mg Erase for 60 days and I can report the answer is no. You may lose some of the "dryness" or vascularity you've gained while on it.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
I just ran 75mg Erase for 60 days and I can report the answer is no. You may lose some of the "dryness" or vascularity you've gained while on it.
I second this! Dries the joints out tho..

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I avoid AIs as they kill my libido!
Even newer ones? Old ones, ATD based did, but newer ones like Reversitol V2, erase, etc. do not.

Mike

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
during. like did you build more muscle while on it? (sorry should've been more specific)
Ya for sure. I gained some lean muscle mass and kept it post Erase use. I mean you wont gain a crazy amount of muscle but it is noticeable.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Intimidate SRT will be on the market very soon.

It contains 30mg of NMDA(the methylated cousin of DAA), and 500mg of Brassaiopsis Glomerulata per pill This active compound is Brassaiopsis was compared directly to Letrozole in the study. If you want an AI...this is definitely a great option!

Handytom

Awards
morning wood and macuna prureins

I took macuna low dose 5 years ago for moods after I quit smoking....thought it was the quit after 90 days that I could jump anyonesa bones

Im looking to increase my test levels, been taking avena sativa and tribulius, not bad stopped the trib just 300 avena sativa but now increasing macuna extract to 700mg 2x...morning wood good, moods are much better

Ive read into Erase pro, maybe Ive been goin backwards and should take an anti estrogen supp instead? and let Erase pro do its thing? any side effects from erase? sounds like it help me lose some body fat my bmI is 25