How to multi dose bulk pslin

sideshowdoc

Awards
Anabolic pump just continually gives me GI problems. Bulk pslin works great though.

I know the 1/4th teaspoon dose is what is recommended for 60-100 (or somewherein that range) of carbs. If I were to multi dose this could I simply use 1/8th a teaspoon with the lower carb meals (~50 grams)??

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi Sideshowdoc. I suppose you could try that. Keep in mind that P-Slin is shorter acting than AP and tends to work best with simpler rather than more complex carbs, although you could use it before a meal containing complex carbs and it will still do it's job. Let us know how it works out for you.

sideshowdoc

Awards
Hi Sideshowdoc. I suppose you could try that. Keep in mind that P-Slin is shorter acting than AP and tends to work best with simpler rather than more complex carbs, although you could use it before a meal containing complex carbs and it will still do it's job. Let us know how it works out for you.
I know ap is around 4-6 hours, but what's the half life for pslin?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In general, P-Slin can have a half-life of up to six hours.

First, some background. As is well-known, the pattern of GLUT-4 activation and deactivation (when GLUT-4 proteins revert to the cytoplasm) depend on the initial source of the trigger or stimulus. This trigger or stimulus can be insulin, exercise (muscle contractions), or Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. In particular, Anabolic Pump/P-Slin activate GLUT-4 completely independent of exercise and insulin; exercise activates GLUT-4 via 5' Adenosine Monophosphate-activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) [actually via increased GLUT-4 mRNA gene transcription], while insulin stimulates GLUT-4 via binding on and activation of insulin receptors. GLUT-4 transport proteins are at the core of glucose disposal. Like GLUT-1, GLUT-2, GLUT-3, and GLUT-5, GLUT-4 is technically a hexose transporter that effectively transports hexose down a concentration gradient. As it turns out, cellular glucose uptake occurs via facilitated diffusion through these so-called hexose transporters.

Now to GLUT-4 half-life. Insulin is metabolized in the liver and has a relatively short half-life of about five minutes in a normal individual. Consequently, insulin-induced GLUT-4 translocation is acute and corresponds to rapid glucose disposal (and, depending on carbohydrate amount, can trigger post-prandial oxidative stress). Exercise-induced GLUT-4 translocation falls off rapidly after cessation of physical exertion. The Anabolic Window of Opportunity here is generally regarded as ninety minutes, although GLUT-4 translocation may last a while longer. In general, though, GLUT-4 is estimated to have a half-life of between six and ten hours. This is why taking up to three capsules of Anabolic Pump daily or a few doses of P-Slin can, in principle, sustain a steady-state maintenance of GLUT-4 action. Furthermore, even though GLUT-4 proteins may have a half-life of more than six hours, glucose disposal would not be equally effective with repeated consumption of equivalent amounts of carbohydrates within this interval. At best, carbohydrate consumption should be tapered off within this time period.

The recommended fifteen to twenty minutes waiting period between Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake and carbohydrate-containing macronutrient consumption, by the way, is important to ensure initial translocation of GLUT-4 from the cytoplasm to the cell membrane. This timing is a guide. For some, thirty minutes would be a more effective window. So this, just like the appropriate post-Anabolic Pump/P-Slin carbohydrate intake, may require some experimentation. Yet, while it is doubtful there are any advantages in waiting beyond thirty minutes post-Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake before consuming carbohydrate-containing meals, it may be unavoidable from time to time to wait longer than thirty minutes. Such once-in-a-while incidences would not negate the overall effects of Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. As is obvious, GLUT-4 translocation has little pharmacological relevance in the absence of carbohydrates/glucose. Consequently, once GLUT-4 transport proteins are activated (within fifteen to thirty minutes of Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake), it is absolutely important to consume carbohydrates to take advantage of this biological event. In the absence of glucose, GLUT-4 proteins may revert to the cytoplasm. When this happens depends on different factors, and the process may set in gradually after about one hour to ninety minutes post-GLUT-4-translocation.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Very good breakdown!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

First, some background. As is well-known, the pattern of GLUT-4 activation and deactivation (when GLUT-4 proteins revert to the cytoplasm) depend on the initial source of the trigger or stimulus. This trigger or stimulus can be insulin, exercise (muscle contractions), or Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. In particular, Anabolic Pump/P-Slin activate GLUT-4 completely independent of exercise and insulin; exercise activates GLUT-4 via 5' Adenosine Monophosphate-activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) [actually via increased GLUT-4 mRNA gene transcription], while insulin stimulates GLUT-4 via binding on and activation of insulin receptors. GLUT-4 transport proteins are at the core of glucose disposal. Like GLUT-1, GLUT-2, GLUT-3, and GLUT-5, GLUT-4 is technically a hexose transporter that effectively transports hexose down a concentration gradient. As it turns out, cellular glucose uptake occurs via facilitated diffusion through these so-called hexose transporters.

Now to GLUT-4 half-life. Insulin is metabolized in the liver and has a relatively short half-life of about five minutes in a normal individual. Consequently, insulin-induced GLUT-4 translocation is acute and corresponds to rapid glucose disposal (and, depending on carbohydrate amount, can trigger post-prandial oxidative stress). Exercise-induced GLUT-4 translocation falls off rapidly after cessation of physical exertion. The Anabolic Window of Opportunity here is generally regarded as ninety minutes, although GLUT-4 translocation may last a while longer. In general, though, GLUT-4 is estimated to have a half-life of between six and ten hours. This is why taking up to three capsules of Anabolic Pump daily or a few doses of P-Slin can, in principle, sustain a steady-state maintenance of GLUT-4 action. Furthermore, even though GLUT-4 proteins may have a half-life of more than six hours, glucose disposal would not be equally effective with repeated consumption of equivalent amounts of carbohydrates within this interval. At best, carbohydrate consumption should be tapered off within this time period.

The recommended fifteen to twenty minutes waiting period between Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake and carbohydrate-containing macronutrient consumption, by the way, is important to ensure initial translocation of GLUT-4 from the cytoplasm to the cell membrane. This timing is a guide. For some, thirty minutes would be a more effective window. So this, just like the appropriate post-Anabolic Pump/P-Slin carbohydrate intake, may require some experimentation. Yet, while it is doubtful there are any advantages in waiting beyond thirty minutes post-Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake before consuming carbohydrate-containing meals, it may be unavoidable from time to time to wait longer than thirty minutes. Such once-in-a-while incidences would not negate the overall effects of Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. As is obvious, GLUT-4 translocation has little pharmacological relevance in the absence of carbohydrates/glucose. Consequently, once GLUT-4 transport proteins are activated (within fifteen to thirty minutes of Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake), it is absolutely important to consume carbohydrates to take advantage of this biological event. In the absence of glucose, GLUT-4 proteins may revert to the cytoplasm. When this happens depends on different factors, and the process may set in gradually after about one hour to ninety minutes post-GLUT-4-translocation.
Mind = Blown.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice post Strategic! Great info.

sideshowdoc

Awards
I use pslin pre meal, but could you mix the powder with an intra workout drink with carbs?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use pslin pre meal, but could you mix the powder with an intra workout drink with carbs?
Some people do that to take advantage of the potential anabolic effects of insulin and higher GLUT-4 expression.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm... bulk p-slin + mBCAA + some Gatorade powder.. sounds like a pretty pimp intranet drink. Has anyone tried this before? Or something similar to this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm... bulk p-slin + mBCAA + some Gatorade powder.. sounds like a pretty pimp intranet drink. Has anyone tried this before? Or something similar to this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
Was a staple for most my off-season heavy bulk. Pretty potent & tasty combo.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I constantly run AP numerous times a day for cutting/recomp... basically for just about any goal I am trying to achieve.

However, are there benefits to taking P-slin numerous times per day and not just with your pre-workout meal?

I notice if I take AP with a high carb meal late at night... I still notice the intense pump during my workout the following morning. So I believe AP has cumulative effects when taken daily. Does this apply to dosing P-slin as well if dosing multiple times daily?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I constantly run AP numerous times a day for cutting/recomp... basically for just about any goal I am trying to achieve.

However, are there benefits to taking P-slin numerous times per day and not just with your pre-workout meal?

I notice if I take AP with a high carb meal late at night... I still notice the intense pump during my workout the following morning. So I believe AP has cumulative effects when taken daily. Does this apply to dosing P-slin as well if dosing multiple times daily?
P-Slin also has benefits when taken multiple times a day, especially in carbohydrate-rich meals. Anabolic Pump and P-Slin share a common ingredient, Corosolic Acid, albeit P-Slin contains more per dose.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
P-Slin also has benefits when taken multiple times a day, especially in carbohydrate-rich meals. Anabolic Pump and P-Slin share a common ingredient, Corosolic Acid, albeit P-Slin contains more per dose.
Ike always coming through answering my AP/Pslin questions!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
Wow trying this tomorrow with some Vitargo!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established