evening workout PWO's? help please. - AnabolicMinds.com

evening workout PWO's? help please.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

evening workout PWO's? help please.

hey everyone. i'm looking for a good pwo that I can use after work. i work 13~ hour days, deployed too. i'm lucky on workout days if i can get in 6 1/2 hrs of sleep, maybe 7. i've been taking MP Assault, and i like it better than the no xplod they had at the BX but i can't sleep at all. literally lay there for hours, even after taking melatonin and ZMA. i sleep better after taking no xplode but i just dont care for it.

read a bit about hemovol and white blood 2. i got on the pes deal and have enhanced i can have shipped to me(shipped to my house) but i hear enhanced is probably gonna be like assault.. all day energy btw, the reason iw ent with assault, is i tried a sample packet and LOVED it and it didnt keep me up. hit a two PRs on squat that day.

anyway any reccomendations? thanks

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So basically you are looking for a non-stim preworkout to take at night that wont interupt sleep?
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

yes sir, that something that wears off quickly.
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ssdx View Post
    yes sir, that something that wears off quickly.
    Hemavol is a popular choice.
    Omega sports ultima
    Or make your own:
    Agmatine, citrulline malate, BCAA, LCLT or ALCAR, and if you want creatine, beta alanine (though these two can be taken anytime of the day)
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hemavol is a good option; depends what you are looking for in a pre-workout. Pumps? Focus? Increased energy and so on.

Cit Mal, Agmatine, Focus XT are all good options. Products will vary depending on what you are after.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  6. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Should alcar be cycled? Can it be a staple every day?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Check out cellucors bcaa's, it contains argentine so it gives stimulate effect but without caffeine or any other stim's.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

formutech volatile is a low stim pre workout, you could use endurance and include agmatine, ae2, or any other bulk product
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Stim free Focus XT is my go to when hitting the gym late in the day,have never had a problem getting to sleep shortly after using it.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-servings.html
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

damn, NP is outta focus XT. i've read some good things about hemavol + agmatine. i'm looking for focus and endurance mainly, but a good long lasting pump would be great. id love to try craze or enhanced, but i work on jets, i cant be tired the next day :/

i'm bout to start a run in two weeks of dthc(4wks)dtp(4wks) erase(8wks) and versa(4wks for now) so i wanted to find a good pwo to compliment them.

thanks guys really appreciate it
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

damn, NP is outta focus XT. i've read some good things about hemavol + agmatine. i'm looking for focus and endurance mainly, but a good long lasting pump would be great. id love to try craze or enhanced, but i work on jets, i cant be tired the next day :/

i'm bout to start a run in two weeks of dthc(4wks)dtp(4wks) erase(8wks) and versa(4wks for now) so i wanted to find a good pwo to compliment them.

thanks guys really appreciate it
    Go to the product request thread under nutraplanet in the supplement section and request Stim-free foucs xt,they will hopefully have it back in stock soon Are you in the military?I notice you said your deployed.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

ah ok, will do. yep, active duty. making the most out of decent gym + lots of food i dont have to cook. lol
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

ah ok, will do. yep, active duty. making the most out of decent gym + lots of food i dont have to cook. lol
    Shoot me a PM!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

PM sent, Mack. question.. anyone had trouble sleeping after taking nootropic type stuff? my main sleep issue is i cant shut my brain off. its constantly thinking about stuff.. ie different scenarios, situations, etc. my understanding of nootropic type sups is that is enhances brain function, ie focus, memory, concentration. could it be that part of assault that keeps me from sleeping? just too focused on my thoughts? or more likely the stim aspect of it?
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

PM sent, Mack. question.. anyone had trouble sleeping after taking nootropic type stuff? my main sleep issue is i cant shut my brain off. its constantly thinking about stuff.. ie different scenarios, situations, etc. my understanding of nootropic type sups is that is enhances brain function, ie focus, memory, concentration. could it be that part of assault that keeps me from sleeping? just too focused on my thoughts? or more likely the stim aspect of it?
    I can say I do not have trouble sleeping after nootropic type products,as long as stims are not involved.I have taken Stim-free Focus XT many times late for a workout and slept fine just a few hours later.The stims in the assault are probably whats bothering you with sleep,I can not take stims past 5 hours up to bed personally or I cant sleep well.PM being replied to
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

cool, sounds good. hoping its just the stims, i really really like nootropic effects. too bad i jumped on the 60 serving tub. damn misleading sample pack. anyway thanks for the info Mack and everyone, much appreciated. if anyones got any comments still, definitely would like to hear your input
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

2 choices

1. Stim Free F-XT

2. Hemavol

If you are running Alphamine like I am, try dosing your last dose about between 4-5 pm, I was stupid enough to dose mine at 6pm last eve, was awake till sodding 5.30 am this morning.
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1 scoop Hemavol + 1 scoop stim free FXT if needed .5 to 1 full pill of caffeine [200mg] usually will wear off by the time im down with my workout.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thedarce View Post
    1 scoop Hemavol + 1 scoop stim free FXT if needed .5 to 1 full pill of caffeine [200mg] usually will wear off by the time im down with my workout.
    Solid advice.. def a good stack! Caffeine does not stay with me long at all, either.

Mike
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would definitly look into POWERMAX. It fits perfectly for what your looking for. Currently there about i believe 11 logs being run on AM for powermax, 2-3 of which are people that train right before bed. They have been loving the fact they get nice clean energy buzz, insane pumps but they can still go to sleep afterwards.

Heres a qoute from someone running a log for PowerMax right now, you can check out his full log in the Log Section

Quote Originally Posted by rpm57 View Post
    I can definitely tell a huge difference in FOCUS!

Again started workout with 10x1 squats with 315.

Worked on chest. 2 weeks ago I felt a pop in my inner chest, so tonight I lifted low reps and nothing close grip or inner squeeze.
    Decent strength but again I didn't push it. Pump was great.

What I like the best is no jitters and I am able to sleep 3 hrs after taking it, which is a plus cause I lift so late.

Arms tomorrow! Lets see what the pump can do!!
    We also will send out 2 sample packs(4 scoops) so you can see if you like it before you buy it!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Hemavol FTW. That stuff gives crazy good pumps and tastes amazing. I only tried the lemon drop but I hear the watermelon flavor is pretty tasty too.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

thanks again for the replies. i'll check out those logs on the powermax. seems like hemavol is the way to go. i'll see if i can score some focus xt too. and the caffeine idea is great. Adizzle, who will be stocking it? NP? got a linK? for what its worth, i took 3/4 scoop of assault yesterday and hit back/tri's hard and then hit cardio. 3 zma + 1 melatonin and i actually passed out and slept great. i took syntha6 post wo instead of combat powder too. only two things i changed was cardio and combat powder. i did take an extra long hot shower since we finally had hot water back. lol
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by testomonsta View Post
    Hemavol FTW. That stuff gives crazy good pumps and tastes amazing. I only tried the lemon drop but I hear the watermelon flavor is pretty tasty too.
    They both kick ass imo, both get great reviews all the time!
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    They both kick ass imo, both get great reviews all the time!
    I am just getting ready to try compete for the first time with ofcourse my obligatory Alpha-Vol cocktail as well.

What's your take on Compete CB?
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    I would definitly look into POWERMAX. It fits perfectly for what your looking for. Currently there about i believe 11 logs being run on AM for powermax, 2-3 of which are people that train right before bed. They have been loving the fact they get nice clean energy buzz, insane pumps but they can still go to sleep afterwards.

Heres a qoute from someone running a log for PowerMax right now, you can check out his full log in the Log Section

We also will send out 2 sample packs(4 scoops) so you can see if you like it before you buy it!

Agreed with the fellas above. It's a very smooth kick of energy, not overwhelming for me atleast. It's difinitely worth a shot, 2 free samples off of Performaxlabs.com
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post

Agreed with the fellas above. It's a very smooth kick of energy, not overwhelming for me atleast. It's difinitely worth a shot, 2 free samples off of Performaxlabs.com
    I train late sometimes , like 10pm, and I'm currently using powermax . Last week, I trained at 9:30pm and still fell asleep by 1, got home at 12. So can't go wrong with powermax. The glycine will take your hunger to a other level....
    Seriously I trained fasted with powermax and ran home to have 2 steaks, egg whites and spinach . It was a good day :].
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Have you tried a sleep pill? Thats works for me... i sip on some nyquil or take two benadryl... works wonders for me.

Not all the time though....
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

ill check powermax. might try and grab a sample. hemavol should be here soon! takes forever to ship to APO's :/

i take ZMA and melatonin, which helps a lot. i found if i work in some supersets, it helps me sleep. also switched my eating up, not as much carb intake right before / right after helps too.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

When I'm looking for a good preworkout at night and want to sleep I just make my own mix without any stims. Some creatine, some taurine if I'm working lower back, glutaimine, amino acids (plug FinaFlex Silk Amino Acids, lol), maybe some agmatine or another pump product (plug FinaFlex Max Pump, super awesome vasodilator), some beta alanine. 30 minutes to an hour prior and done. Youll get the pump, cell volumization, focus, and recovery you're looking for without staying up way too late.
    Independent Review
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.

thanks again for the replies. i'll check out those logs on the powermax. seems like hemavol is the way to go. i'll see if i can score some focus xt too. and the caffeine idea is great. Adizzle, who will be stocking it? NP? got a linK? for what its worth, i took 3/4 scoop of assault yesterday and hit back/tri's hard and then hit cardio. 3 zma + 1 melatonin and i actually passed out and slept great. i took syntha6 post wo instead of combat powder too. only two things i changed was cardio and combat powder. i did take an extra long hot shower since we finally had hot water back. lol
    something to consider if you're having trouble sleeping at any point would be something like REM PM. And have to agree with all of the recommendations you've gotten as far as stim free pre's. Haven't tried powermax, but have used Hemavol, and definitely love it. One thing to look into next time, if you consider switching up for the sake of variety, would be Body Octane. 3.5 g citrulline malate, 1 g LCLT, and 1.6 grams beta alanine, and l-aspartic acid, which has been linked to fatigue resistance. Any of those options are all great though
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  31. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    something to consider if you're having trouble sleeping at any point would be something like REM PM. And have to agree with all of the recommendations you've gotten as far as stim free pre's. Haven't tried powermax, but have used Hemavol, and definitely love it. One thing to look into next time, if you consider switching up for the sake of variety, would be Body Octane. 3.5 g citrulline malate, 1 g LCLT, and 1.6 grams beta alanine, and l-aspartic acid, which has been linked to fatigue resistance. Any of those options are all great though
    Agreed, Body octane, Hemavol, and bodyforge 2.0 are the best out there.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Amino energy is nice and not to strong
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Amino energy is nice and not to strong
    Caffeine content too high
    Independent Review
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Caffeine content too high
    Really? Its low dosed imo.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Agreed, Body octane, Hemavol, and bodyforge 2.0 are the best out there.
    Indeed! Magnum neutratical opus and MRM turbo driven are also great option
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  156 lbs.

caffeine doesnt do much for me honestly. i normally can take a nap within an hour of drinking some coffee. my hemavol SHOULD be here today. taking forever did try some craze the other day, which was awesome but i didnt have to sleep shortly after. really wanna try the enhanced now. im hoping the hemavol stacks well with the DTP.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post

Really? Its low dosed imo.
    Yeah but to get anything out of it you have to dose high, like 4-6 scoops which if I remember correctly is around 180 mg caffeine... Not great for a late PM early AM deal. Unless caffeine doesn't effect you much, then...
    Independent Review
  38. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by alvin1 View Post
    Indeed! Magnum neutratical opus and MRM turbo driven are also great option
    Turbo looks great, though I wouldn't take it near bed due to stims and stimulating nootropics.Opus...yucky
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    I train late sometimes , like 10pm, and I'm currently using powermax . Last week, I trained at 9:30pm and still fell asleep by 1, got home at 12. So can't go wrong with powermax. The glycine will take your hunger to a other level....
    Seriously I trained fasted with powermax and ran home to have 2 steaks, egg whites and spinach . It was a good day :].
    That does sound like an epic day and more so an epic meal! haha

I guess if it were me, dosing Powermax and/or working out anytime after 9pm would cause me to stay awake at night. I generally get an amplified feeling, endorphin rush after a solid workout + post workout meal. But everyone's different, hopefully you're able to get some restful sleep to maximize your recovery and progress.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

caffeine doesnt do much for me honestly. i normally can take a nap within an hour of drinking some coffee. my hemavol SHOULD be here today. taking forever did try some craze the other day, which was awesome but i didnt have to sleep shortly after. really wanna try the enhanced now. im hoping the hemavol stacks well with the DTP.
    Good luck with the hemavol bro! Caffeine does the same for me, i can easily sleep with it!

Mike

Similar Forum Threads

1. Workout Help!! (please)
    By reilj4 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 12:09 PM
  2. Help please all over workout information needed
    By vee42 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 11:01 PM
  3. Post Workout Shake Help Please
    By dsw222 in forum Supplements