Skin supplements

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
My skin is really dry. I fuckin' hate lotion. I drink about a gallon of water a day, and that helps some.
Are there any other supplements that will help with dry skin?

G

GuyinLA

Awards
Could be your diet. A lack of essential fatty acids could be the cause. If you don't do so already, supplement with flax seed oil, borage oil, and fish oil. I take Borage Oil and Fish Oil by encapsulated gel. I take a tablespoon of flax seed oil per day.

F

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
An EFA deficiency can cause dry skin as pointed out by Guy. If this is something that happens only during the winter months when the furnace is running all the time, it may be too dry in your house or at work. My current home has a built in humidifier in the furnace so I have no problems now. My previous home did not so I used a humidifier. I'm not talking about one of those types people smear Vicks in when their kids are sick that makes the room feel like a sauna. I mean a cool air humidifier that has a humistat and costs about $50 at Wally Mart - it would shut off when the humidity got to a certain level.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a plan. I stopped taking Flax Seed Oil in my protein drinks because it made me feel like **** for some reason. I'll try the Fish Oil and Borage Oil gel caps. To be honest, I'm not sure if I have a humidifier in my furnace. If not, I will get one. Thanks for the ideas.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
4AD/M5AA stack will make your skin anything but dry. ;)