- 12-17-2004, 09:19 AM
- 12-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Could be your diet. A lack of essential fatty acids could be the cause. If you don't do so already, supplement with flax seed oil, borage oil, and fish oil. I take Borage Oil and Fish Oil by encapsulated gel. I take a tablespoon of flax seed oil per day.
12-17-2004, 02:09 PM
An EFA deficiency can cause dry skin as pointed out by Guy. If this is something that happens only during the winter months when the furnace is running all the time, it may be too dry in your house or at work. My current home has a built in humidifier in the furnace so I have no problems now. My previous home did not so I used a humidifier. I'm not talking about one of those types people smear Vicks in when their kids are sick that makes the room feel like a sauna. I mean a cool air humidifier that has a humistat and costs about $50 at Wally Mart - it would shut off when the humidity got to a certain level.
12-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Sounds like a plan. I stopped taking Flax Seed Oil in my protein drinks because it made me feel like **** for some reason. I'll try the Fish Oil and Borage Oil gel caps. To be honest, I'm not sure if I have a humidifier in my furnace. If not, I will get one. Thanks for the ideas.
12-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By AdelV in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-23-2015, 05:00 PM
- By ninja636 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
- By TheNinja in forum SupplementsReplies: 19Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
- By yeahright in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
- By rrgg in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-15-2005, 06:05 AM