How much leucine?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I am using Bulk Nutraplanet Modern BCAA - about 2-4 servings per day dependent if I am working out.
Should I be adding more leucine all around or possibly during certain phases - like during a cut to reduce muscle loss?
Thanks for your opinions.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nope, 1 serving of Modern BCAA has more than enough leucine

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am using Bulk Nutraplanet Modern BCAA - about 2-4 servings per day dependent if I am working out.
Should I be adding more leucine all around or possibly during certain phases - like during a cut to reduce muscle loss?
Thanks for your opinions.
I usually take a scoop of SNS with each meal.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Hi Cooper, how many daily servings of Modern BCA's would you recommend?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I like the idea of BCAAs preworkout or pre-HIIT

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I am currently taking about a 1/2 serving upon waking (instead of coffee...I am really stim sensitive and this gets me moving), then a serving throughout the day and another 1/2 serving in the evening. If it is a workout day - I will add a 1/2 serving pre-workout and then sip a serving including a serving or three of waxy maize (starting about 1/2 way through the workout). I include 1.5g Beta Alanine and Creatine twice a day.

This seems to work for me, but do you think it is overkill or could be improved on. What do you think Coop? Thanks for your opinion!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I will be experimenting with Leucine and BCAAs on my next cut and had some questions. I will be using 10g of 2:1:1 BCAA's pre and post workout and would also like to add in some extra Leucine pre/between meals during the rest of the day. How many total grams of supplemental free form leucine should be used daily apart from the approximate 10g of leucine I'll be getting from my pre/post workout BCAA's? I want to make sure I don't over do the Leucine as well.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I remember I'm MD they did a store about using up to 200mg Ed! I tryed it at 70mg Ed and it worked very well but it got me very dehydrated! That's with 1gallon + Ed... Always had the squirts and cotton mouth. At a dose like that it was expensive....

So I say try it and see if you like it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am currently taking about a 1/2 serving upon waking (instead of coffee...I am really stim sensitive and this gets me moving), then a serving throughout the day and another 1/2 serving in the evening. If it is a workout day - I will add a 1/2 serving pre-workout and then sip a serving including a serving or three of waxy maize (starting about 1/2 way through the workout). I include 1.5g Beta Alanine and Creatine twice a day.

This seems to work for me, but do you think it is overkill or could be improved on. What do you think Coop? Thanks for your opinion!
a half serving isn't quite enough leucine all at once to make a difference. From all the research, a 4-5g dose of leucine taken all at once is what increases protein synthesis. The half servings probably end up with fairly little benefit.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
The full serving of Nutrplanet Bulk Modern BCA's is 12 grams at 8:1:1. This should yield about 8 grams of leucine per serving or 4 grams per 1/2 serving.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The full serving of Nutrplanet Bulk Modern BCA's is 12 grams at 8:1:1. This should yield about 8 grams of leucine per serving or 4 grams per 1/2 serving.
thats not too bad then, right at the borderline. overall then that sounds like a pretty decent protocol

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
2-4g leucine is shown to stimulate MPS

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using about 25g leucine per day between pre and post workout and loving it.
Holy crap thats alot!

Thanks to coop ive saved alot of money on aminos.. i use to dose much higher.

Mike

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I only ever dose BCAA's post workout and at 4g of leucine.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap thats alot!

Thanks to coop ive saved alot of money on aminos.. i use to dose much higher.

Mike
I've been playing with mega-dosing leucine for a few years.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
How do u cover up the terrible taste of the sns leucine, just got my first tub and damn it's narly lol

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
How do u cover up the terrible taste of the sns leucine, just got my first tub and damn it's narly lol
I just scoop it straight into my mouth and kick it back with some Focus XT (preworkout) or water (immediately finishing my workout).

I don't really notice much of a taste.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I just scoop it straight into my mouth and kick it back with some Focus XT (preworkout) or water (immediately finishing my workout).

I don't really notice much of a taste.
I tried that and hesitated and jacked myself up LOL, I'll try again in the morning :D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
How so? Lol
The powder was in like a bubble and coated my throat on the way down and when I burped like 1/2 of the 5 grams shot out my mouth LOL it was epic. My GF died laughing

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
The powder was in like a bubble and coated my throat on the way down and when I burped like 1/2 of the 5 grams shot out my mouth LOL it was epic. My GF died laughing
haha. i always just washed mine down with a shot of water

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I would have offered advice as soon as I finished laughing. LOL

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
so u like mix it up in a shot of water and then chase it down?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
so u like mix it up in a shot of water and then chase it down?
Nope scoop the powder dry into your mouth and take a drink.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always throw it in with whatever I'm drinking if it's flavored. Taste doesn't bother me.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar