Nootropic disappointment

jsm1289

Awards
Hey all,

After reading a thread on this forum a while back about nootropic stacks i decided to give it a go. 750 alpha gpc with 750 aniracetam , eating some peanut butter or fish oil before consumption just to ensure absorption. I noticed almost nothing on the occasions i used it. A slight tickle in my brain if you will followed by a fuzzy type of feeling that did not last long. After this I just felt tired and even less cognitive than i would normally. Any suggestions? I had almost the same reaction an alpha gpc piracetam stack several years ago.

ANy suggestions as to why this is happening or what stack I might try to get better benefits? I used two different brands for the racetam products and they were several years apart in case anyone would suggest I am using a bunk brand.

Thanks !

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
How long did you take them? I felt the fuzz that you mentioned in the beginning with ani. Now after a few weeks I've noticed that my memory recall is better, im a bit more social and my mind is sharper than usual. There is no high, euphoric feeling that you experience with aniracetam, just a subtle "hey i really was more sharp that usual" hindsight feeling. And now that I feel the effects I only dose weekends or before big social events. Im no scientist or expert but I feel like it takes time to build up because racetams make slow and permanent changes to your natural brain chemistry. You will only begin to notice the effects taking place after looking back at changes in your behavior and comparing yourself pre and post nootropic.

jsm1289

Awards
i see, well of course your explanation indicates something i was failing to recognize and that is to dose them every day. I have taken them 3-5 times at least a week apart , never on consecutive days either. so maybe i will try that and see what happens, thanks!

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
I have been thoroughly enjoying aniracetam+citicoline+ALCAR when needed, and acute benefits are definitely present. I play around with the dosages but have found what works for me

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you testing your brain when using? Best way to tell IMO there effectiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In for test examples. :p. srs. Was thinking about looking for some lately as I don't notice much from Nootropics either.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Try this stack:

Noopept - 20mg or 30mg
Demisurge - 150mg or 200mg
Focus xt (with caffeine or without) - one scoop
Some caffeine or stim if you get non stim focus xt

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Try this stack:

Noopept - 20mg or 30mg
Expensive stack with the demiurge

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try this stack:

Noopept - 20mg or 30mg
Ill try it when I have some spare cash!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
also try a smaller dose. I've doses at 450mg and 750mg at a time and found the 450 to be better.

jsm1289

Awards
hey all

yes I have been testing my brain, mostly studying related, and I usually feel like a tickle sensation but mostly fog and nothing significant in the way of focus or cognitive improvement.

I can't take less than 750 as that is the size of the capsule

for the poster who recommended noopept and demiurge, aren't those compounds not supposed to be combined? Would be curious about trying one or the other as there was another thread recently that was very informative with regards to the specific feelings each induces.

I ordered focus xt and more alcar so i will combine these with the alpha gpc and ani and see what happens, but for now greatly disappointed in the ani and alppha gpc combo

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
hey all

yes I have been testing my brain, mostly studying related, and I usually feel like a tickle sensation but mostly fog and nothing significant in the way of focus or cognitive improvement.

I can't take less than 750 as that is the size of the capsule

for the poster who recommended noopept and demiurge, aren't those compounds not supposed to be combined? Would be curious about trying one or the other as there was another thread recently that was very informative with regards to the specific feelings each induces.

I ordered focus xt and more alcar so i will combine these with the alpha gpc and ani and see what happens, but for now greatly disappointed in the ani and alppha gpc combo
Different products.

If you don't have to stack them.
Just cut out the noopept

d1sc1ple

Awards
I find that when I overdo the nootropics I also get really lethargic, try cutting your doses in half and see what happens.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
A bit of a ball ache, but you could open the capsule and take half of it. I've been doing this for me ECA dose, as it comes in 30mg capsules, which are too strong for me.

jsm1289

Awards
So which is better for focus and studying noopept or demiurge ?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Good question and is there any particular nootropic that might be better if studying math or are they not that targetted?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Good question and is there any particular nootropic that might be better if studying math or are they not that targetted?
I here good things about SNS Focus XT, both the caffeine and caffeine-free version. I was going to give the caffeine free version a try myself once I finish up some of the supps I am currently on.

Ive also been looking into Aniracetem, Noopept, and CDP Choline as a stack to try soon as well. Was thinking about a daily dosage of:

Aniracetam 750mg-1500mg, 20-30mg Noopept, and 500mg CDP Choline.

I'll probably break it up into 2 doses split 3-4 hours apart. So maybe 750mg Aniracetam, 10-20mg Noopept, and 250mg CDP Choline first thing in the morning and then 3-4 hours later 750mg Aniracetem, 10mg Noopept, and 250mg CDP Choline.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I here good things about SNS Focus XT, both the caffeine and caffeine-free version. I was going to give the caffeine free version a try myself once I finish up some of the supps I am currently on.

Ive also been looking into Aniracetem, Noopept, and CDP Choline as a stack to try soon as well. Was thinking about a daily dosage of:

Aniracetam 750mg-1500mg, 20-30mg Noopept, and 500mg CDP Choline.

I'll probably break it up into 2 doses split 3-4 hours apart. So maybe 750mg Aniracetam, 10-20mg Noopept, and 250mg CDP Choline first thing in the morning and then 3-4 hours later 750mg Aniracetem, 10mg Noopept, and 250mg CDP Choline.
The caffeine-free version is just as good as the original, and incredibly versatile. The taste is exceptional as well.

jsm1289

Awards
got focus xt ani and alpha gcp and alcar with dose and update soon

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT needs to be stacked with caffeine IMO

Demisurge is a noop where you can "feel" it

Noopept is more a mind stimulator, helps memory etc

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
CDP-Coline and some Caffeine has been a great focus stack for me lately. Strong acute focus with smooth energy. Simple stack with good performance.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The focus and energy from Enhanced is unreal IMO. Noticed this just by sampling it. Add Versa-1 and you are in a zone.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
SNS has a nootropic coming up I think. Huperzine A, its on their website iirc

Though I am pretty sharp with things most of the time, I might take this up just to screw with my brain.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
SNS has a nootropic coming up I think. Huperzine A, its on their website iirc

Though I am pretty sharp with things most of the time, I might take this up just to screw with my brain.
Thats in Focus XT anyway.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Are doses for A-GPC and Citicoline both ~500mg? And is that a single dose or combined daily? I usually get them in 250/300mg caps.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are doses for A-GPC and Citicoline both ~500mg? And is that a single dose or combined daily? I usually get them in 250/300mg caps.
I like to split citicoline doses at 250mg a couple times a day. Typically one in the morning and another preworkout.

xhrr

Awards
Buy some G-Fuel
Haha who would have guessed this would be your reply. What do you know you do the same **** on bb.com forums. Shill and offer absolutely nothing to the discussion. You are a mindless drone.

jsm1289

Awards
so update for everyone

added focus xt with alcar, ani and alpha gpc. i would say it only mildly improved things, slightly better focus and some memory enhancement but overall this is not really too significant. i would also add it gives me the tendency to rush which is certainly a negative, so the jury is still out I feel like i am on something,physically speaking but i cant attribute any significant cognitive benefit