The Most Neccesary Supplements?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.55%

The Most Neccesary Supplements?

Hey guys-

I know that this is somewhat of a subjective question, but I recently had an increase in income, and I'm wondering what supps I should go with. I'm clean bulking.

Here's my current stack-

Cellucor C4
    AST Multi-Pro Multivitamin
    Beta-Alanine
    L-Arginine
    Creatine Mono
    ON Whey
    ON Casein
    Fish oil
    BEAST test boost

Which of these should I definitely keep buying besides the obvious (whey, creatine, multi), and should I add anything? I know there's a few supps that are just becoming popular like GPLC and L-Citrulline. Anything like this that someone has tried and recommends?

Thanks in advance!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

Quote Originally Posted by iBulk View Post
    Hey guys-

I know that this is somewhat of a subjective question, but I recently had an increase in income, and I'm wondering what supps I should go with. I'm clean bulking.

Here's my current stack-

Cellucor C4
    Beta-Alanine
    L-Arginine
    Creatine Mono
    ON Whey
    ON Casein
    Fish oil
    BEAST test boost

Which of these should I definitely keep buying besides the obvious (whey, creatine, multi), and should I add anything? I know there's a few supps that are just becoming popular like GPLC and L-Citrulline. Anything like this that someone has tried and recommends?

Thanks in advance!
    I would drop the arginine and probably the test booster, or at least not run it year-round. But definitely drop the arginine. Add creatinol-O-phosphate, agmatine and citrulline malate as staples. As for specialty items you can cycle in, there are too many good ones these days to name them all - seriously, it's a great time to be a lifter - but a short list is Anabeta/Anabeta Elite, Versa-1, Max Pump ... ****, my mind went blank. Anyway, that's a few to start with. I'm sure others will chime in. Oh yeah, I'm really enjoying Compete, too.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by iBulk View Post
    Hey guys-

Here's my current stack-

Cellucor C4
    Beta-Alanine
    L-Arginine
    Creatine Mono
    ON Whey
    ON Casein

Fish oil
    BEAST test boost

Thanks in advance!
    I'd drop the things I bolded. See no need for supplemental L-Arginine, think there are better products than BEAST Super Test (and as mentioned above they shouldn't be run continuously without break), and think there are better choices for a Multi (I personally don't use a Multi).

While a separate whey and casien product is not necessary, if that is what you are looking for I really like SAN and Dymatize's Caseins. I personally just use those that I enjoy the taste of (typically blends), such as Iforce Protean, CL Pronom, and XF Ultra Peptide being my favorites. Taste is subjective though so typically go with what you enjoy as it won't make huge differences.

As far as suggestions to add, I'd research several of the things I mention, determine which seems to fit your budget and needs best and choose a couple (don't just go adding everything at once ). Agmatine, L-Citrulline (or Citrulline Malate), Carnitine (PLCAR, ALCAR, LCLT), and Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP) are all solid ingredients. If you have more specific goals choosing things could be made more efficiently.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.55%

Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post

I would drop the arginine and probably the test booster, or at least not run it year-round. But definitely drop the arginine. Add creatinol-O-phosphate, agmatine and citrulline malate as staples. As for specialty items you can cycle in, there are too many good ones these days to name them all - seriously, it's a great time to be a lifter - but a short list is Anabeta/Anabeta Elite, Versa-1, Max Pump ... ****, my mind went blank. Anyway, that's a few to start with. I'm sure others will chime in. Oh yeah, I'm really enjoying Compete, too.
    Thanks for the input! I know Arginine has a s*itty rep nowadays but it was $4.00 at Walmart so I figured why not haha. I'll definitely be adding the agmatine and citrulline malate. To be honest, I've heard of it but know nothing about COP besides that it's not creatine. Are you taking it and if so, what are the benefits? I was supposed to try out Versa-1 but I was out of the country and missed the USP inner circle release, it sucked. How's it working for you?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.55%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

I'd drop the things I bolded. See no need for supplemental L-Arginine, think there are better products than BEAST Super Test (and as mentioned above they shouldn't be run continuously without break), and think there are better choices for a Multi (I personally don't use a Multi).

I also Italicized your protein just because I think there are better choices. While a separate whey and casien product is not necessary, if that is what you are looking for I really like SAN and Dymatize's Caseins. I personally just use those that I enjoy the taste of (typically blends), such as Iforce Protean, CL Pronom, and XF Ultra Peptide being my favorites. Taste is subjective though so typically go with what you enjoy as it won't make huge differences.

As far as suggestions to add, I'd research several of the things I mention, determine which seems to fit your budget and needs best and choose a couple (don't just go adding everything at once ). Agmatine, L-Citrulline (or Citrulline Malate), Carnitine (PLCAR, ALCAR, LCLT), and Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP) are all solid ingredients. If you have more specific goals choosing things could be made more efficiently.
    Thanks for your reply. What are your reasons for not taking a multi? Yeah, I probably won't continue taking Beast's T-booster after this bottle. Honestly, the thing that sold me was the liver and kidney support in it because I feel like my organs are taxed from supps. Can you tell me a little more about the COP? And yeah, I should add L-carnitine also, I've heard good things.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.85%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I personally just feel with my diet (especially in a caloric surplus) that I cover most of my needs and only supplement with specific vitamins/minerals if I feel necessary. If you do still want one I'd suggest Orange Triad.

COP helps me when I have shorter rest periods within my training. I don't fatigue as fast and feel I can perform a subsequent set not too long after the completion of the last one.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.93%

i agree with bolt, i supplement more in a deficient. i do use volatile, endurance, and recover (zma) as staples
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.29%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

While a separate whey and casien product is not necessary, if that is what you are looking for I really like SAN and Dymatize's Caseins. I personally just use those that I enjoy the taste of (typically blends), such as Iforce Protean, CL Pronom, and XF Ultra Peptide being my favorites. Taste is subjective though so typically go with what you enjoy as it won't make huge differences.

Solid advice.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Food.

Similar Forum Threads