Recompadrol is strong stuff...

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Here's what I experienced. I have been a cyclical calorie diet over the last several weeks, always running a weekly deficit on Decimate and ECA whilst folloeing an IF protocol. Last week I started using Recompadrol prior to my evening meal which is 50% of my daily calories, so usually around 1000 kcals. On Thursday this week, after using is for almost a week, I took two capsules of Recompadrol before my evening meal at 8pm. I went to bed at 10pm and awoke at 1am feeling extreme hunger pangs and a slightly stimulated feeling and could not go back to sleep until I had eaten a small meal, after which I slept well for the entire night.

Last night I followed the same protocol and exactly the same thing happened. This has never happened to me before. I can only think that the Recompadrol lowers my blood sugar too quickly and my body responds by releasing cortisol and/or adrenaline in an attempt to increase my blood sugar hence the slightly stimmed feeling.

I will only use one capsule tonight and see how I go. Anyone else experience this? What do people think, does this a reasonable diagnosis?

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Berberine does this to me and I think it is in Recompadral.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Drop down the recompadrol to 1 cap and see how that treats you.

How many carbs in that meal?

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is actually not consistent with the MOA of recompadrol. The #1 ingredient in recompadrol is HCA which slows gastric emptying so you should stay full, longer.

If your blood sugar fell too quickly, glucagon would be released primarily since the liver, not muscle, is responsible for stabilizing blood glucose levels in response to hypoglycemia. You definitely would not get stimmed up, even in the presence of counter-regulatory hormone release (which occurs postabsorptively at around 90 minutes after each meal you eat anyway. Do you get a stimulant effect after 90 minutes without food? Well you shouldn't).

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys...as always thanks for your input! I know it sounds strange..I'm just trying to understand the biochemistry of what is happening. On the first day my calorific intake was around 400 (all fats and protein) before my last meal of 800 - 1000 kcals, which consisted of around 60 - 80 grams of carbs, could this have had an influence? I was even feeling hungry before falling asleep, but I did anyway, only to awake after a couple of hours with sever hunger pangs and finding myself wide awake. Are any stress hormones released at all in the evening to break down stored energy if kcal intake is low. I didn't get a stimmed at the 90 min mark. I ate at 8pm, went to bed at 10pm and awoke around 1am, so 5 hours after I had eaten. I've heard people talk of not being able to sleep when blood sugar falls due to the stress hormones. I've heard the same said for people who a malfunctioning adrenals that because they can't release enough cortisol through the night they have to release adrenaline to breakdown stored energy which degrades the quality of their sleep. Maybe my blood sugar didn't fall too quickly, but rather due to the recompadrol fell close to or below the lower threshold - hence the hunger pangs and a slightly excited nervous system?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hi guys...as always thanks for your input! I know it sounds strange..I'm just trying to understand the biochemistry of what is happening. On the first day my calorific intake was around 400 (all fats and protein) before my last meal of 800 - 1000 kcals, which consisted of around 60 - 80 grams of carbs, could this have had an influence? I was even feeling hungry before falling asleep, but I did anyway, only to awake after a couple of hours with sever hunger pangs and finding myself wide awake. Are any stress hormones released at all in the evening to break down stored energy if kcal intake is low. I didn't get a stimmed at the 90 min mark. I ate at 8pm, went to bed at 10pm and awoke around 1am, so 5 hours after I had eaten. I've heard people talk of not being able to sleep when blood sugar falls due to the stress hormones. I've heard the same said for people who a malfunctioning adrenals that because they can't release enough cortisol through the night they have to release adrenaline to breakdown stored energy which degrades the quality of their sleep. Maybe my blood sugar didn't fall too quickly, but rather due to the recompadrol fell close to or below the lower threshold - hence the hunger pangs and a slightly excited nervous system?
You're really off base here, trust me. Re-read my last post.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
You're really off base here, trust me. Re-read my last post.
Thanks Coop. I did read what you wrote (always do!) but I was just trying to find alternatives to explain the feeling. It could just be that I react in this manner to a particular ingredient. I used one capsule last night and I was ok! I do have another related question though. Is there any explanation why I (and others) struggle to sleep when we are severely calorie restricted?

Any one final questions as I have your attention. I took you advice and am continuing fat loss following Decimate and ECA, but decided to go for Apha T2 as its the only other compound that contains Alpha-Y available in the UK. I'm now looking to stack it with something else and based on yours and others posts have identified the following potentials:
  1. SS Forskolin
  2. TTA
  3. Compound 20
  4. Alphamine (EU version - no Alpha-Y).
Any recommendation?

Thanks

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks Coop. I did read what you wrote (always do!) but I was just trying to find alternatives to explain the feeling. It could just be that I react in this manner to a particular ingredient. I used one capsule last night and I was ok! I do have another related question though. Is there any explanation why I (and others) struggle to sleep when we are severely calorie restricted?

Any one final questions as I have your attention. I took you advice and am continuing fat loss following Decimate and ECA, but decided to go for Apha T2 as its the only other compound that contains Alpha-Y available in the UK. I'm now looking to stack it with something else and based on yours and others posts have identified the following potentials:
  1. SS Forskolin
  2. TTA
  3. Compound 20
  4. Alphamine (EU version - no Alpha-Y).
Thanks
Forskolin all the way, it complements thyroidals very nicely by boosting natural production.

Sleep issues while cutting is a fairly common phenomenon and is related to a whole host of neuroendocrine imbalances that "naturally" occur when restricting energy consumption.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
As always..thanks mate! Hope things are going well with PES.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Here's what I experienced. I have been a cyclical calorie diet over the last several weeks, always running a weekly deficit on Decimate and ECA whilst folloeing an IF protocol. Last week I started using Recompadrol prior to my evening meal which is 50% of my daily calories, so usually around 1000 kcals. On Thursday this week, after using is for almost a week, I took two capsules of Recompadrol before my evening meal at 8pm. I went to bed at 10pm and awoke at 1am feeling extreme hunger pangs and a slightly stimulated feeling and could not go back to sleep until I had eaten a small meal, after which I slept well for the entire night.

Last night I followed the same protocol and exactly the same thing happened. This has never happened to me before. I can only think that the Recompadrol lowers my blood sugar too quickly and my body responds by releasing cortisol and/or adrenaline in an attempt to increase my blood sugar hence the slightly stimmed feeling.

I will only use one capsule tonight and see how I go. Anyone else experience this? What do people think, does this a reasonable diagnosis?
I've had this with anabolic pump but for me it turned into a full blown panic attack! Lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What's your diet/protocol at the moment?
Lift 3x/week, upper/lower/upper. No set cals, fairly dirty bulk. Most of my focus is on school but I'm curious to see what AAv2 + recompadrol can do.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lift 3x/week, upper/lower/upper. No set cals, fairly dirty bulk. Most of my focus is on school but I'm curious to see what AAv2 + recompadrol can do.
If I had any recompadrol I'd send some over.
I'm out of it :(

Have you asked Zach?

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I had any recompadrol I'd send some over.
I'm out of it :(

Have you asked Zach?

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App
I've heard that one before....

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love recompadrol!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've heard that one before....
Ben,
Im outta stock.

Dead serious, if I had some, I would send some over.

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
There's some available in the UK, but the exchange rate and shipping may put you off!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I measured my fasting blood sugar this morning, just out of interest and its 4.4 mmol/L or 79.2 mg/dL. Here in the UK, this is just above the lower threshold. I ate a lot of carbs with recompadrol throughout the day yesterday, so I'm surprised, but i have take an alpha T2.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Alpha t2 will have no effect on fasting glucose levels.

Have you had any light headed feeling?

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I measured my fasting blood sugar this morning, just out of interest and its 4.4 mmol/L or 79.2 mg/dL. Here in the UK, this is just above the lower threshold. I ate a lot of carbs with recompadrol throughout the day yesterday, so I'm surprised, but i have take an alpha T2.
But its still above the lower threshold which makes it a normal reading. In the US anything below 70 is considered low blood sugar although I have felt hypo type symptoms at 75 but it was caffeine/ cardio induced on an empty stomach

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I'm not worried, but rather pleased that my blood sugar is on the lower side after eating so many low and high GI carbs yesterday and surprisingly even after doing a couple of days of this I'm looking leaner! :dance:

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Awesome news

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many of you have suffered GI distress on this?

I had to cut my sponsored Slin Sane v2 log short due to this. Anabolic Pump started bad but then became tolerable.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I suffered a little on Recompadrol, but not so much distress, more wind! But it dissipated after a couple of days...no pun intended!

sideshowdoc

Awards
Wouldnt delayed gastric emptying be something you would NOT want on a bulk? DOes berberine do that also, or is its main MOA mainly reduction of alpha amylase (and I have read some things about delaying small intestinal transit time as well, ever heard of that)?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many of you have suffered GI distress on this?

I had to cut my sponsored Slin Sane v2 log short due to this. Anabolic Pump started bad but then became tolerable.
During first-time Anabolic Pump use, bowel distress might occur. Such distress on starting Anabolic Pump has a useful bowel-cleansing effect, and the more balanced and healthy one's mucosal membrane/intestinal environment is, the less prone one is to this stomach distress. In particular, berberine, a compound in Anabolic Pump, exerts an anti-microbial effect that stimulates peristalsis and intestinal regulation, ultimately leading to the elimination of harmful microorganisms and restoration of bowel integrity. This is, however, not to suggest that Anabolic Pump is a replacement for a probiotic (or comparable) therapy. [As a matter of fact, a probiotic cycle prior to Anabolic Pump supplementation would significantly ameliorate the problem in those pre-disposed to it]. Rather, I argue that the propensity to experience increased (beneficial) bowel function while on Anabolic Pump is directly correlated with its microbial effects, quite independent of GLUT-4 translocation and preferential glucose disposal.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
During first-time Anabolic Pump use, bowel distress might occur. Such distress on starting Anabolic Pump has a useful bowel-cleansing effect, and the more balanced and healthy one's mucosal membrane/intestinal environment is, the less prone one is to this stomach distress. In particular, berberine, a compound in Anabolic Pump, exerts an anti-microbial effect that stimulates peristalsis and intestinal regulation, ultimately leading to the elimination of harmful microorganisms and restoration of bowel integrity. This is, however, not to suggest that Anabolic Pump is a replacement for a probiotic (or comparable) therapy. [As a matter of fact, a probiotic cycle prior to Anabolic Pump supplementation would significantly ameliorate the problem in those pre-disposed to it]. Rather, I argue that the propensity to experience increased (beneficial) bowel function while on Anabolic Pump is directly correlated with its microbial effects, quite independent of GLUT-4 translocation and preferential glucose disposal.
Yes, sir. I continued with AP and all side effects diminished.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wouldnt delayed gastric emptying be something you would NOT want on a bulk? DOes berberine do that also, or is its main MOA mainly reduction of alpha amylase (and I have read some things about delaying small intestinal transit time as well, ever heard of that)?
Delayed gastric emptying wouldn't really be good or bad for a bulk. It promotes fullness and complete digestion

sideshowdoc

Awards

All anabolic pump does for me is constipate me/slow my bowels down. Why would that be?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All anabolic pump does for me is constipate me/slow my bowels down. Why would that be?
Roughly how many grams of carbohydrates/macronutrients do you consume post-Anabolic Pump use?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
50-70 usually
That amount of carbohydrates per serving of Anabolic Pump should not produce the effects you mentioned, except we are talking about very high fiber foods, in which case that might happen, completely independently of Anabolic Pump, in the absence of sufficient hydration. For how long did you see those effects? Did they improve or did you discontinue the product?

sideshowdoc

Awards
Delayed gastric emptying wouldn't really be good or bad for a bulk. It promotes fullness and complete digestion
Hmmm. Well what herbs do you know of in GDAs that do this besides HCA? DOes gymnema, bitter melon, fenugreek, etc cause that?