Modern BCAA - weak taste?

bdybldnaam

Awards
Just bought my first tub of Modern BCAA (white blue raspberry).

Mixed 2 scoops with 20oz water, but..

The taste is very weak/not very powerful. Can't describe it better - English is not my native language so please bear with me ;)

Is this just the way it is? The taste is almost not noticeable..

Thanks guys..

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
too much water. use less to concentrate the flavor

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just bought my first tub of Modern BCAA (white blue raspberry).

Mixed 2 scoops with 20oz water, but..

The taste is very weak/not very powerful. Can't describe it better - English is not my native language so please bear with me ;)

Is this just the way it is? The taste is almost not noticeable..

Thanks guys..
The tastes are not aggressive. You could try mixing with with a little less water, say 16oz.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
With no artificial sweeteners or coloring, I myself would have to say the fruit punch especially is pretty darn good.

Some bcaa powders I have tried straight up taste like candy and are too sweet.

They taste good but, just way too sweet imo. When that most of the time is what the majority of the public is looking for, they get a big surprise when tasting the clean, light flavored ModernBcaa

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Modern BCAA's flavor isn't overpowering, but I wouldn't consider it "weak" at all. I find the taste more refreshing than most of the stronger flavored options. The new Watermelon MBCAA+ is fantastic...drinking it right now :)

For more of a flavor kick, you could always adjust the amount of water used per scoop.

bdybldnaam

Awards
Tried it with less water, but it foamed way too much.

Will try with around 16oz :)

But you're probably right - I'm more used to the "candy"-like flavouring.

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
For me if i wait 5 mins, grapple clears up and the foam goes away. Looks like apple juice.

bdybldnaam

Awards
Good point. Will try and make my shake in good time and let it sit for a while

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
A large psychological part of flavor is the anticipation that coloring can provide. There may seriously be a psychological basis for the lack of flavor :D

newbreed

Awards
I love how it's not an aggressive flavor. It's not too strong or not too weak. It's just right. But as mentioned, try less water with the 2 scoops and see what happens. When do you use MBCAAs?

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good point. Will try and make my shake in good time and let it sit for a while
Exactly. I mix mine right before heading out to my car and by the time I get to the gym it's mixed completely. Really though it only takes 5 minutes of letting it sit before the foam will settle.

One additional tip is that the colder the water you use, the harder it'll be to mix the powder in. If you've been using very cold water you might try it with room temperature or just slightly cold water.

Let us know how it goes for you. Personally I like the more dilute flavor of Modern BCAA. Most other BCAA products are overpowering.

bdybldnaam

Awards
Tried it with 16oz of water and it was a lot better. :)
I will have to get used to the taste, but as I mentioned I'm probably "spoiled" by some of the candy-like products out there.

I wanted something without artificial color and flavor. When I got just that, I complained about it.. human nature? ;)

Seriously though.. mixed it at home and it was ready when I arrived at the gym 10 minutes later. There was a little bit of foam, but a few light shakes and it was gone.

No bloating or nothing like that. Perfect. :)

Sometimes I work out early in the morning. Could I mix it before bedtime and put it in the fridge ready to go when I wake up?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mixing it the night before and putting it in the fridge would be fine.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried it with 16oz of water and it was a lot better. :)
I will have to get used to the taste, but as I mentioned I'm probably "spoiled" by some of the candy-like products out there.

I wanted something without artificial color and flavor. When I got just that, I complained about it.. human nature? ;)

Seriously though.. mixed it at home and it was ready when I arrived at the gym 10 minutes later. There was a little bit of foam, but a few light shakes and it was gone.

No bloating or nothing like that. Perfect. :)

Sometimes I work out early in the morning. Could I mix it before bedtime and put it in the fridge ready to go when I wake up?
Lol! well its good to hear you've "settled" in to it & got it figured out.

Like breezy said, no problem at all. When I was doing contest prep and waking up at 3:30 I did this every night. Easy to roll out of bed and slam.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, weak flavor which is awesome. I hate drinking sweet stuff while im working out.

Mike

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, weak flavor which is awesome. I hate drinking sweet stuff while im working out.Mike
Exactly. The last thing I want to taste in the middle of an intense squat session is Kool-Aid.

newbreed

Awards
Exactly. The last thing I want to taste in the middle of an intense squat session is Kool-Aid.
That taste during my workout would make me vomit or have bad stomach discomfort. Had that once in a while with Xtend but never MBCAAs.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like breezy said the watermelon flavor is pretty damn good but I also like the fruit punch flavor. I hate a really strong bcaa drink though.

newbreed

Awards
I recently did 1 scoop fruit punch and 1 watermelon and it was incredible

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like breezy said the watermelon flavor is pretty damn good but I also like the fruit punch flavor. I hate a really strong bcaa drink though.
Glad you liked it brotha.

I even tried it with 2 scoops of Micro fruit punch and that was awesome too
Sure is. I've enjoyed it with FP Test Powder as well.