Agmatine, muscle builder or prostate breaker? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Agmatine, muscle builder or prostate breaker?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Rostam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    46880

    Reputation

    Moretti RM, Montagnani MM, Sala A, Motta M, Limonta P. Activation of the orphan nuclear receptor RORalpha counteracts the proliferative effect of fatty acids on prostate cancer cells: crucial role of 5-lipoxygenase. Int J Cancer. 2004 Oct 20;112(1):87-93.

    Hassan S, Carraway RE. Involvement of arachidonic acid metabolism and EGF receptor in neurotensin-induced prostate cancer PC3 cell growth. Regul Pept. 2006 Jan 15;133(1-3):105-14.

    Ghosh J, Myers CE. Arachidonic acid stimulates prostate cancer cell growth: critical role of 5-lipoxygenase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997 Jun 18;235(2):418-23.

    Ghosh J. Inhibition of arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase triggers prostate cancer cell death through rapid activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003 Jul 25;307(2):342-9.

  2. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    830339

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    Do you need a study to show you the mechanism of action of agmatine?
    In the way that you seem to think it works by significantly increasing ARA, yes I do.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    You know that most prostate Cancer remain dormant for many years. And you are saying to stay away from ARA in case of cancer. Therefore potentially every body should stay away from ARA or agmatine since nobody knows for sure if there are some cancerous cell in their body or if they are genetically prone to cancer. This is not a suggestion but just a thought
    by the same logic, everyone should avoid carbohydrates as carbohydrates as fuel are a major part of tumor growth as well, and tumors grow far slower in a low carb environment
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    830339

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    Moretti RM, Montagnani MM, Sala A, Motta M, Limonta P. Activation of the orphan nuclear receptor RORalpha counteracts the proliferative effect of fatty acids on prostate cancer cells: crucial role of 5-lipoxygenase. Int J Cancer. 2004 Oct 20;112(1):87-93.

    Hassan S, Carraway RE. Involvement of arachidonic acid metabolism and EGF receptor in neurotensin-induced prostate cancer PC3 cell growth. Regul Pept. 2006 Jan 15;133(1-3):105-14.

    Ghosh J, Myers CE. Arachidonic acid stimulates prostate cancer cell growth: critical role of 5-lipoxygenase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997 Jun 18;235(2):418-23.

    Ghosh J. Inhibition of arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase triggers prostate cancer cell death through rapid activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003 Jul 25;307(2):342-9.
    And you have read these? Thank you for posting studies on 5-lipoxygenase and its possible role in prostate cancer. Now, maybe answer what I actually asked?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    830339

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    by the same logic, everyone should avoid carbohydrates as carbohydrates as fuel are a major part of tumor growth as well, and tumors grow far slower in a low carb environment
    Breathing too! :P
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Advanced Member
    Rostam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    46880

    Reputation

    Actually carbohydrates do fuel tumor grouth. But ingesting or not carbohydrate is a personal choice. Same for ARA or agmatine
  7. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post

    Breathing too! :P
    Lol NOxide also increases tumor growth . So guess we should breathe huh
  8. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    This thread is ironic. On a forum that most are okay with hitting peptides up like candy (IGF).
    The Historic PES Legend
  9. New Member
    Lutztenways's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    88638

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    90% of autopsies in men who died of natural causes reveal that the individual had prostate cancer (not the cause of death).

    This statement seemed so outlandish that I googled it....I found some .com and .org soruces that seem to back up the info. Shocking fact imo.

    "Autopsies in 70-year-old patients show that 46% of males have prostate cancer, but fortunately, it is very slow growing compared to other cancers. About 90% of prostate cancers remain latent over decades. Microscopic foci of adenocarcinoma can be found in 85-90% of men over 80 years of age, which confirms that most men with prostate cancer die from causes unrelated to the malignant tumour."

    So while I'm not even close to being convinced that agmatine has anything to do with prostate cancer, you can learn something new in every thread.
  10. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,132
    Rep Power
    291005

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post

    People are free to beleave what ever they want. If you 100% confident with whatever product you take then this is fine. For my part I prefer to raise questions even if it does not plese most of people. I'm not claiming anything I just presented some facts. this is a fact that Agmatine increases the sysnthesis of ARA. and based on various studies it seems that ARA contribute to prostate cancer or at least to it's progression. I did not force anybody to stop using agmatine or any other product.
    And by that logic lifting weights increases Testosterone, which is implicated in prostate cancer. So you don't lift weights because you're scared of cancer?

    Or I'll take it a step further in your logic - lifting weights increases Testosterone, which increases the substrate for estrogen in the male body, which is also implicated in cancer.

    Brb, canceling gym membership cause of cancer.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  11. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,477
    Rep Power
    5966602

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    This statement seemed so outlandish that I googled it....I found some .com and .org soruces that seem to back up the info. Shocking fact imo.

    "Autopsies in 70-year-old patients show that 46% of males have prostate cancer, but fortunately, it is very slow growing compared to other cancers. About 90% of prostate cancers remain latent over decades. Microscopic foci of adenocarcinoma can be found in 85-90% of men over 80 years of age, which confirms that most men with prostate cancer die from causes unrelated to the malignant tumour."

    So while I'm not even close to being convinced that agmatine has anything to do with prostate cancer, you can learn something new in every thread.
    Crazy right?


    Anyway, I can't stress enough that this extrapolation of agmatine is nonsensical! Arachidonic acid is an intermediate in agmatine imidazoline signaling....SO WHAT? Arachidonic acid is an intermediate in a million signaling processes. What about all the other net effects of agmatine?

    In fact, all the data I see on agmatine shows ANTI-cancer effects. This is because, like any compound, agmatine has mixed roles in the body. And the net effect of these various roles leads to the prevention, not production, of carcinoma.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,708
    Rep Power
    950993

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I remember as a kid someone making the statement that "if you live long enough you'll die from cancer."

    As stated there are millions of 70, 80 and 90 year olds who are now corpses in the ground. If you did autopsies on them you would discover a variety or early to later stage cancers. They just happened to die from something else before the cancer could get them.
  13. New Member
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    1769574

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I remember as a kid someone making the statement that "if you live long enough you'll die from cancer."

    As stated there are millions of 70, 80 and 90 year olds who are now corpses in the ground. If you did autopsies on them you would discover a variety or early to later stage cancers. They just happened to die from something else before the cancer could get them.
    .....something caught while in the hospital sick from cancer or something else when immunity is weak which ends up killing faster
  14. Advanced Member
    Rostam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    46880

    Reputation

    Thank you cooper for your constructive posts. Much appreciated.

    How do you know Rostam is Persian? : )
  15. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,477
    Rep Power
    5966602

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    Thank you cooper for your constructive posts. Much appreciated.

    How do you know Rostam is Persian? : )
    I'm persian
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. New Member
    jameshodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    24

    Reputation

    These kinds of substances always put the prostate at risk and that's why taking a good prostate supplement becomes even more important. If you're looking for the best, read Super Beta Prostate reviews. This supplement not only contains large amounts of plant sterols but also other minerals and it is all natural. There are no side-effects.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. For Sale: P-Slin and Divanex for trade or sale (Muscle Builders)
    By crzyyoungn in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 07:24 AM
  2. For Sale: Looking for any MIT or 1-test? (Muscle Builders)
    By KEN3000 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM
  3. For Sale: X-Facotr Cycle (Full) - Sale or Trade (Muscle Builders)
    By Rob Awesome in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
  4. For Sale: X Factor Cycle-sale or trade (Muscle Builders)
    By StrengthJunky in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 08:02 AM
  5. For Sale: RPM/IGF-2 sale or trade (Muscle Builders)
    By mcour1226 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in