Alphamine and Acid Reflux

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Anyone else experience acid reflux from Alphamine? Seems like this started 3 days after starting Alphamine and have been going on for a week now. I have never had any issues with acid reflux prior to this and was wondering if the thermo ingredients in Alphamine would be the cause. I'm going to stop taking Alphamine and see if this stops.

Any PES reps or anyone with the same experience have any insight?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There are no ingredients in Alphamine that would cause acid reflux outright, though b-agonists do have mixed data as far as LES tone is concerned. Typical causative factors of lower esophageal relaxation are consumption of high fat foods, alcohol, chocolate, and peppermint. Have you consumed any of these by chance? Also, increased abdominal pressure/contraction or excessive HCl secretion (NMT can cause this by stimulating gastric release) can exacerbate GERD. Lastly, increased cholinergic stimulation could increase vagal output of ACh, but it is unlikely that this could cause GERD. My best guess is a combination of dietary factors + environmental stimuli.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
I had a few beers last Wednesday. I have never experienced this until taking alphamine. As for diet, if anything it's been cleaner since taking alphamine. I hope it's not the alphamine and is caused by environmental/dietary but as a precaution, I'm going to take a few days off of the alphamine.

I'm wondering if it's the lemon flavoring in the RL flavor.

Coop, if by some chance it is caused by the alphamine, how long do you think the symptoms would clear up once alphamine dosing is stopped?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I had a few beers last Wednesday. I have never experienced this until taking alphamine. As for diet, if anything it's been cleaner since taking alphamine. I hope it's not the alphamine and is caused by environmental/dietary but as a precaution, I'm going to take a few days off of the alphamine.

I'm wondering if it's the lemon flavoring in the RL flavor.

Coop, if by some chance it is caused by the alphamine, how long do you think the symptoms would clear up once alphamine dosing is stopped?
All ingredients in alphamine have a halflife that should clear by the next day...so then :D

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Coop....are you with PES now...have I missed something?

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Well it's not the alphamine (not that I doubted mr cooper). About 24hrs between doses and no sign of let up. Picked up some Prevacid and hoping this gets it under control! Just happy I can still take alphamine.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I often take my Alphamine with 1-2 tums or rolaids (calcium carbonate)

It makes for a more basic environment for stims to be absorbed

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop....are you with PES now...have I missed something?
Yup, I'll be on the forums whenever time allows :)

Well it's not the alphamine (not that I doubted mr cooper). About 24hrs between doses and no sign of let up. Picked up some Prevacid and hoping this gets it under control! Just happy I can still take alphamine.
There are tons of possible causes of GERD so you need to briefly evaluate what has changed in your lifestyle

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I'll be on the forums whenever time allows :)

There are tons of possible causes of GERD so you need to briefly evaluate what has changed in your lifestyle
Cool....moved to another solid company! A quick question, whilst I have your attention, can I start a cycle of beta-2 agonists, such as C20 or Alphamine, after a cycle of ECA to continue the fat loss or would it be better to wait.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I often take my Alphamine with 1-2 tums or rolaids (calcium carbonate)

It makes for a more basic environment for stims to be absorbed
Good idea. Does it help you have a more settled less uneasy feeling in your stomach? Are you sensitive to stims? I myself am sensitive to stims unless its after a good size meal which isn't the time that's best for it. If my stomach is settling ok with the stim then Im usually all good ? If not then I'm stuck on the toilet with jitters and shot nerves for a few hours. I'm looking to try alphamine. Read up some good results/reviews and its been a couple years since I've used a stimulant product.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cool....moved to another solid company! A quick question, whilst I have your attention, can I start a cycle of beta-2 agonists, such as C20 or Alphamine, after a cycle of ECA to continue the fat loss or would it be better to wait.
I wouldn't wait at all! There is data showing that chronic b-receptor stimulation actually increases the capacity for b-agonist-induced lipolysis.