45 g protein in one scoop? Possible?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%

45 g protein in one scoop? Possible?

Almost every company that puts out a whey protein contains a 70 or 90 cc scoop. The amount of protein per scoop is usually about 17-19 g and 22-24 g respectively.

There is a powder called Whey Pro Amino by Healthy n Fit, that claims 45 g protein per 70 cc scoop (well, someone told me it was only 70 cc). I told him its impossible to concentrate that much protein into that size scoop.

Does anyone know if I am correct or incorrect?

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.99%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JYFGJY
    Almost every company that puts out a whey protein contains a 70 or 90 cc scoop. The amount of protein per scoop is usually about 17-19 g and 22-24 g respectively.

There is a powder called Whey Pro Amino by Healthy n Fit, that claims 45 g protein per 70 cc scoop (well, someone told me it was only 70 cc). I told him its impossible to concentrate that much protein into that size scoop.

Does anyone know if I am correct or incorrect?

Thanks.
    I have personally used their products and I came across the same thing. To my best guess, they screwed up on their labeling. My tub said theri was only like 19 servings; but their was far more than that at one scoop. I assume they meant two scoops to equal that much protein per scoop. Make sense?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah1710
    I have personally used their products and I came across the same thing. To my best guess, they screwed up on their labeling. My tub said theri was only like 19 servings; but their was far more than that at one scoop. I assume they meant two scoops to equal that much protein per scoop. Make sense?
    Yeah, I'm guessing they screwed up their labeling too, but this person I know has confirmed that he has used several cans with the same labeling. I read somewhere else that the serving size to get the 45 g of protein they claim is 56 g, which would make sense...but you are not getting a 56 g serving size into a single 70 cc scoop. A 70 cc scoop usually yields about 26-28 g of powder and 20-22 g of protein. So, something is screwed up somewhere.

Anyway, I do appreciate the response.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1000 Grams of protein in ONE crazy protein bar.
    By Pop A Molly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 04:01 AM
  2. College legal supps? Protein/all-in-one?
    By zieglmv9 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 12:06 AM
  4. Best all in one protein?
    By zieglmv9 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:38 PM
  5. Whats the most protein I can absorb in one meal?
    By [fiorentino] in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 12:13 PM