GDA and carb cycling

he_hate_me

Awards
I have read conflicting information on the use of GDA while carb cycling. Some use it with high carb meals but I have also seen recommendations suggesting doing just the opposite.
I am on a 4-5 days low carb, 2-3 medium-high carb diet on a IF schedule. What would be the optimal use of something like R-ALA for maximum fat loss?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Many people use GDA on low carb diets and still see great results. Just dose whatever GDA you have pre-meal.

I would also go with Na-R-ALA over R-ALA. Better absorbed and better at lowering blood glucose.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
carb cycling plus gda/partioners works great, i use them post workout with largest carb meal

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I have read conflicting information on the use of GDA while carb cycling. Some use it with high carb meals but I have also seen recommendations suggesting doing just the opposite.
I am on a 4-5 days low carb, 2-3 medium-high carb diet on a IF schedule. What would be the optimal use of something like R-ALA for maximum fat loss?
Take em with your high carb meals at the very least, overall just taking it with the highest carb meal once a day would also give great returns.

SSv2 varies from the rest of the category in that it helps modulate glucose as well as serves to aid in general health... Give it a look. Na-R-ALA in it a long with some other good stuff.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Based on the scheme you plan on running I think Slin-sane would be a solid fit, as Daycrawler said it helps with general health as well. The issue with GDAs (a very loose term nowadays it appears) is dependent on the ingredients and the purported effects. Some contain ingredients that block the absorption of CHO and that is not something you would want on a refeed.

Regardless I usually take R-ALA (preferably Na-R-ALA) daily regardless of my total CHO intake.