D-Aspartic Acid

recon819

recon819

Awards
General question, I suppose, mainly on the intake of DAA as far as timing and combining with other supps.

I've been using 2g DAA along with 1g Tribulus tablet, 3x day (upon waking, before lunch meal, and prior to sleep).

Read a bunch of varying suggestions, etc., from every corner of the cyber-gym. Does anyone here have any opinions on the golden rules for the timing of DAA doses and/or what's the best combination of other supps along with DAA intake?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
DAA needs to be dosed at 3g a day for effective and maximum results,time of day is irelevant,although I have found it works best for me pre workout,and on non-workout days I take it in the morning,if for some reason you happen to have any GI issues then try to split the dose up.DAA is best ran for 8 weeks maximum with a minimum of 4 weeks off before running again!Also,are you saying you dose DAA 2g 3x a day? If so then you are wasting it,the studies show it to be effective at a daily dose of 3g,if thats not what you meant I appologize for misunderstanding.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
DAA needs to be dosed at 3g a day for effective and maximum results,time of day is irelevant,although I have found it works best for me pre workout,and on non-workout days I take it in the morning,if for some reason you happen to have any GI issues then try to split the dose up.DAA is best ran for 8 weeks maximum with a minimum of 4 weeks off before running again!Also,are you saying you dose DAA 2g 3x a day? If so then you are wasting it,the studies show it to be effective at a daily dose of 3g,if thats not what you meant I appologize for misunderstanding.
This. One cap Dopadex in the AM + 1 cap Inhibit-P in the PM stacks very well with DAA.

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
i know you may think daa is cheap but no need to dose above 3gm/day...

recon819

recon819

Awards
Mack, No apologies necessary... thanks for the thorough response; and to clarify, yes, I was taking 2g DAA with 1g Tribulus, 3x day (Daily total 6g DAA / 3g Tribulus). Apparently, I'm taking double the amount of DAA that I should be. I wasn't aware of the cycle on/off though, I must have been missing that in my reading.

Cooper, Thanks, I will definitely read up on those as well.

Last edited:
googlealchemi

googlealchemi

Awards
This. One cap Dopadex in the AM + 1 cap Inhibit-P in the PM stacks very well with DAA.
Why does DAA need to be cyclced 8 on 4 off? Same reason as anabolics? Shutdown?

Why the cap of dopadex vs another camp of inhibitp? More ldopa of the higher purity or?

Read another post, I think of yours, that said timing and with/without food doesn't matter with inhibitp correct?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Why the cap of dopadex vs another camp of inhibitp? More ldopa of the higher purity or?

Read another post, I think of yours, that said timing and with/without food doesn't matter with inhibitp correct?
You quoted a post from 2013.

What are you looking for from DAA? For natty test boosting, there are far better options IMO:
Twenty-four males, with a minimum of two years' experience in resistance training, (age, 24.5 ± 3.2 y; training experience, 3.4 ± 1.4 y; height, 178.5 ± 6.5 cm; weight, 84.7 ± 7.2 kg; bench press 1-RM, 105.3 ± 15.2 kg) were randomised into one of three groups: 6 g.d(-1) plain flour (D0); 3 g.d(-1) of d-aspartic acid (D3); and 6 g.d(-1) of d-aspartic acid (D6). Participants performed a two-week washout period, training four days per week. This continued through the experimental period (14 days), with participants consuming the supplement in the morning. Serum was analysed for levels of testosterone, estradiol, sex hormone binding globulin, albumin and free testosterone was determined by calculation.

D-aspartic acid supplementation revealed no main effect for group in: estradiol; sex-hormone-binding-globulin; and albumin. Total testosterone was significantly reduced in D6 (P = 0.03). Analysis of free testosterone showed that D6 was significantly reduced as compared to D0 (P = 0.005), but not significantly different to D3. Analysis did not reveal any significant differences between D3 and D0. No significant correlation between initial total testosterone levels and responsiveness to d-aspartic acid was observed (r = 0.10, P = 0.70).

The present study demonstrated that a daily dose of six grams of d-aspartic acid decreased levels of total testosterone and free testosterone (D6), without any concurrent change in other hormones measured. Three grams of d-aspartic acid had no significant effect on either testosterone markers. It is currently unknown what effect this reduction in testosterone will have on strength and hypertrophy gains.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25844073
Resistance-trained men resistance trained 4 times/wk for 28 days while orally ingesting either 3 g of placebo or 3 g of D-ASP. Data were analyzed with 2 × 2 analysis of variance (P < .05).

The gonadal hormones were unaffected by 28 days of D-ASP supplementation and not associated with the observed increases in muscle strength and mass. Therefore, at the dose provided, D-ASP supplementation is ineffective in up-regulating the activity of the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and has no anabolic or ergogenic effects in skeletal muscle.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24074738
The first study I referenced regarding DAA was published recently (2015), and used subjects with at least 2 years experience resistance training, and the study also had subjects train 4-days a week. If you look at the full text (which I put a link to below), you'll see that both 3g and 6g DAA REDUCED free testosterone relative to no DAA (although the decrease was only significant in the 6g group):

If you're looking for a test booster I'd go for something like AlphaMax XT or Testify, which both have multiple ingredients that have studies showing they're effective. AlphaMax XT contains full doses of ashwagandha (cortisol control, stress/anxiety reduction, cognitive benefits, endurance/strength improvement, better body composition), tongkat ali (reduced cortisol, improved libido and mood), forskolin (improved body composition, increased testosterone), among other ingredients.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established

Not shutdown, rather generally speaking there's the law of diminishing returns. Why continue to take something after 8 weeks if its impact is no longer as great as it was previously.

Dopadex was a high purity L-Dopa but isn't made anymore. Food won't matter with inhibit-P

masterpiter

Awards
Listen to musclepcrohn !!
I tryed dda, and after 3 weeks all it did was lower my libido by miles.
Also every blood work on DAA i have seen, is 99% negative, it lowers testosterone levels.
Dont waste your money

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup, Muscleup is spot on. I'd also point out that in study #1, the test drop happened in 2 weeks. I suspect it would only get worse after that.
googlealchemi , What were you looking to get out of it? Typical natty test-boosting stuff, e.g. libido, drive, energy? For a single ingredient alternative, I'd look at Longjack.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
...and the lower your starting T levels, the worse the "magical" (if the stars align) 40% increase is. 40% increase from 200 = 280 - oh boy. And this stuff gets recommended for PCT... LOL. Never look at percentages in the ad copy.