Blood Results... Recommended Supps to help?

marksullivan

Awards
Total Test 225
LH 3.6
FSH 1.8
Estradiol 17.9
TSH 1.87
T4 9.2
T3 Uptake 30
Free Thyroxine 2.8
Cholesterol 219
HDL 30

Free Test results should be back in a few days.

47 year old male
6'2"
240lb

Want to increase T production without medication if possible, increase libedo and energy.... Any Suggestions as to the best supplements to use in my condition?

Thanks.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
How is your diet? Do you take a multi vitamin / multi mineral? Current supplementation? Past AAS / PH use?

marksullivan

Awards
Last year my test was 226 and dr placed me on androgel 5g. Test went to 271, but I didn't notice any difference in how I felt. 2 months ago (with dr consultation) I went off the gel and started with 50 mg zinc and 6,000iu a day of vit D. I really don't want to get on TRT unless its a last resort.

Oh, my diet isn't very good and excersise has been moderately low for several years. Doesn't sound all that healthy does it?

AngryOldMan

Awards
Don't even bother with supplements unless your diet is on and your exercising regular. They probably won't make a difference until your basics are taken care of. Although, you could try a fat burner/appetite suppressant. Look at PES Alphamine. That's good for losing weight and many people use it as a Pre-workout to boost energy in the gym.

marksullivan

Awards
Thanks AngryOldMan, I should also add my diet consists of Carbs (white bread, pizza, and all the other bad stuff). More than likely not enough protein nor excersise ie. weight training/cardio. Another thing is I take either a 600mg ibuprophen or 7.5 meloxican daily due to arthritic shoulder, also Ambien 10mg nightly for past 3 years.

Would cleaning all this stuff up raise T levels enough that I can feel the difference?

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
check out the male-antiaging part of the forum...this area won't help you as much

AngryOldMan

Awards
Thanks AngryOldMan, I should also add my diet consists of Carbs (white bread, pizza, and all the other bad stuff). More than likely not enough protein nor excersise ie. weight training/cardio. Another thing is I take either a 600mg ibuprophen or 7.5 meloxican daily due to arthritic shoulder, also Ambien 10mg nightly for past 3 years.

Would cleaning all this stuff up raise T levels enough that I can feel the difference?
It did for me. Took many years, but it was worth it. Exercise 4-6 times for week, eat non-processed food, and that's 90% of what you need to do.

marksullivan

Awards
Thanks fellas. I will go with Alphamine for now and hit the gym 4 times a week (since I haven't weight trained for several years I will start with higher reps and moderate cardio then build from there), start cutting the crap out of my diet. Ill respond back to this thread as I journey along with my progress... Thanks again.

I will pose this same question on the anti-aging forum.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Want to increase T production without medication if possible, increase libedo and energy....
Echo others on clean diet and aiding in all over better feeling and well being about oneself. Energy bump and yes, libido spike can also be made with good regular compound exercises.
I once heard a doctor say, if they could bottle anything that would be good for everyone and elicit health, youthfulness and energy, it would be, exercise regularly.
ie: Work the "major body musculature first and foremost", 80%-90% thru compound exercises to cause hormonal change and energy, then worry about small stuff like biceps etc. It will go further than most any supplements. If you feel a need later for a boost, then maybe add some in.
Perhaps get cleared by your doc, start slow, take it easy and slowly increase your output.
All the best

marksullivan

Awards
Echo others on clean diet and aiding in all over better feeling and well being about oneself. Energy bump and yes, libido spike can also be made with good regular compound exercises.
I once heard a doctor say, if they could bottle anything that would be good for everyone and elicit health, youthfulness and energy, it would be, exercise regularly.
ie: Work the "major body musculature first and foremost", 80%-90% thru compound exercises to cause hormonal change and energy, then worry about small stuff like biceps etc. It will go further than most any supplements. If you feel a need later for a boost, then maybe add some in.
Perhaps get cleared by your doc, start slow, take it easy and slowly increase your output.
All the best
Thanks Paul. Dr has cleared me to go foreward since in in decent shape, blood pressure, etc. Plus I could go back on TRT anytime, but really want to stay away if at all possible. I do need to start slow and fairly light because of shoulder surgery last year (torn labrum) and the arthritis there now (played baseball in college, pitcher). Thanks for the advise.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
T but really want to stay away if at all possible.

Hey guy, nothing says you have to. Maybe always good to have choices of course, but years ago, TRT was not really even a choice, and guys grew old naturally staying fit and healthy.
I respect your decision and above all, enjoy the ride

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Are you concerned and/or medicated for high(er) cholesterol? It seems that you're in the borderline high group - something like iForce Heart Help, which has been shown to have great success in lowering cholesterol levels and improving cardiac function, might help with that particular facet of your blood work.

Obviously this is by no means necessary, but I wanted to help with at least part if at all possible. :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Your HDL is VERY low. You should really be talking to your doctor about medication for that + T injections if you don't respond to androgel. The only real supplement for this situation is niacin to raise HDL.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your HDL is VERY low. You should really be talking to your doctor about medication for that + T injections if you don't respond to androgel. The only real supplement for this situation is niacin to raise HDL.
Niacin comes with risks though.. Perhaps the benefits outweigh the risks but i'd do a little research first. It practically stops lipolysis

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Niacin comes with risks though.. Perhaps the benefits outweigh the risks but i'd do a little research first. It practically stops lipolysis
It does inhibit HSL, but transiently

marksullivan

Awards
Thankf all for the advise. Yes my Cholesterol is a concern. However, I think my diet and seditary lifestyle plays a major factor in it. I started beck at the gym 3 weeks ago (man it's more difficult when over 40 to get it kicking again, may be because of my Low T levels.

My question is do you think getting the diet, exsercise, sleep back in order would help in raising my T levels to 400?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thankf all for the advise. Yes my Cholesterol is a concern. However, I think my diet and seditary lifestyle plays a major factor in it. I started beck at the gym 3 weeks ago (man it's more difficult when over 40 to get it kicking again, may be because of my Low T levels. My question is do you think getting the diet, exsercise, sleep back in order would help in raising my T levels to 400?
It's tough to say. T levels naturally decline with age anyway. What I am sure of is that you fill FEEL much better with a healthier lifestyle...and in the end, that's what counts.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Total Test 225
LH 3.6
FSH 1.8
Estradiol 17.9
TSH 1.87
T4 9.2
T3 Uptake 30
Free Thyroxine 2.8
Cholesterol 219
HDL 30

Free Test results should be back in a few days.

47 year old male
6'2"
240lb

Want to increase T production without medication if possible, increase libedo and energy.... Any Suggestions as to the best supplements to use in my condition?

Thanks.

Thanks fellas. I will go with Alphamine for now and hit the gym 4 times a week (since I haven't weight trained for several years I will start with higher reps and moderate cardio then build from there), start cutting the crap out of my diet. Ill respond back to this thread as I journey along with my progress... Thanks again.

I will pose this same question on the anti-aging forum.
Why are you going with Alphamine? To drop BF hoping to raise testosterone? From the beginning of the post I thought you were looking specifically for boosting testosterone...? My biggest concern here is that you are so quick to jump to a supplement to put a bandaid on the situation so to speak.

How much sleep are you getting a night? Stress levels? Depression? You sound (even through typing) to be pretty down - kind of mopey. Don't take offense to that I'm just going off of the vibe here.

We know diet is off and diet can be a huge factor. How is your fat intake? Have you talked to an endocrinologist? There are protocols you can do to try and get testosterone active again without relying on TRT for the rest of your life. Clomid for instance can be used to try and jump start you again.

Have you done MRI's to check for tumors on your pituitary? There are so many different avenues you can go down to find out the real problem and fix it. Family practice physicians unfortunately are most of the time going off of archaic methodologies to deal with low T.

Thankf all for the advise. Yes my Cholesterol is a concern. However, I think my diet and seditary lifestyle plays a major factor in it. I started beck at the gym 3 weeks ago (man it's more difficult when over 40 to get it kicking again, may be because of my Low T levels.

My question is do you think getting the diet, exsercise, sleep back in order would help in raising my T levels to 400?
It very well could... answer the above questions and we'll all collectively see if we can help out. You should definitely call an endo Monday either way

- Valdez

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's tough to say. T levels naturally decline with age anyway. What I am sure of is that you fill FEEL much better with a healthier lifestyle...and in the end, that's what counts.

Agreed ^
Remember T levels, are not the only marker of higher energy, health and feeling better. Enlist a healthier lifestyle all around and see where it takes you.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Without question is it possible. Sleep is one of the biggest problems with low test because it also causes stress on the body when you have poor sleep. Add in a bad diet and lack of exercise and that is a perfect storm to lower your test levels. Also, make sure you are getting your tests done in the morning, at the same time every time. You can have up to a 25% change from the morning to afternoon.

I would not touch any OTC supplements until you get everything else in order.

Just scrolled up and saw the post Valdez made. Dead on.

Last edited:

marksullivan

Awards
Without question is it possible. Sleep is one of the biggest problems with low test because it also causes stress on the body when you have poor sleep. Add in a bad diet and lack of exercise and that is a perfect storm to lower your test levels. Also, make sure you are getting your tests done in the morning, at the same time every time. You can have up to a 25% change from the morning to afternoon.

I would not touch any OTC supplements until you get everything else in order.

Just scrolled up and saw the post Valdez made. Dead on.

I agree also. I will work on diet, increase excersise (weight training ie dead lift, bench, rows, squats, pull ups etc and cardio). This should help increase sleep while getting off ambien for a normal sleep pattern. I'll post results; weight, diet changes, excersise levels, etc untill I get levels checked again in 2 months or so. thanks