Agmatine for vascularity? - AnabolicMinds.com

Agmatine for vascularity?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

Agmatine for vascularity?

I've heard a lot of hype from people talking about agmatine, people at the gym, things said online (which I don't primarily trust too much) but I've read a couple articles on it and the science behind everything makes sense, but do the results actually pay off? I've never taken agmatine so far, but I'm looking into it and I'd really like to hear peoples personal reviews on it. Does it really help with vascularity and better pumps THAT much?

Also, does it do anything to the liver? I dont believe it does, but I'm just curious as that I will most likely start a AAS cycle soon and I'm kicking it off with orals, so I don't want to over stress my liver.

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Been around for awhile now and has really caught on the last couple years. Solid ingredient if pumps and fullness are your goals.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

I add 750 mg of it to my pwo which is Supp-D. Supp-D is known for increasing vascularity and has some agmatine sulfate in it as it is, but with the added agmatine, it keeps your veins popping for hours. I did legs yesterday and my biceps were all kinds of veiny which is uncommon for me on a non-arm day. I did a lot of reading on it and couldn't find anything negative. Once I'm out of the agmatine powder I will be adding Swoll-N to my pwo. It's got agmatine in it in combination with some other goodies but is in pill form. I'd definitely recommend trying it out, especially if your looking for vascularity and pump.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im starting to think about using it pre meal twice daily. 500 mg. And then preworkout of course.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love Agmatine,one of my favotire single ingredients to use.It gives me amazing pumps in the gym and does increase vascularity,of course BF is going to be dependant on how vascular you are.The majority of pre workouts these days have Agmatine in them for pumps in the gym,I tend to notice more muscle fullness through out the day when I dose it in a stand alone form twice daily,one of those being pre workout and another with a meal in the morning.I have almost always used when running a cycle and it does not have any adverse effects as far as the liver that I know to this date,nor have I ever heard speculation of it.It is almost hard to not give it a try considering how cheap it can be found.Here are some links of the products we have in capsule or powder form,which comes down to preference,also feel free to PM me and I maybe able to hook you up with a few samples to try pre workout.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-capsules.html

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-50-grams.html
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Both citrulline malate and GMS creates much better vascularity for me, but thats just me.

Mike
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agmatine alone helps potentiate some solid vascularity, but as part of the Hemavol formula I think it's a convenient, all-in-one vascularity enhancer. It's really hard to beat for convenience, texture (GMS sucks), and taste's sake. Throw in Tropinol XP (potassium nitrate - pumps and slight diuretic effect, and epimedium - pumps) and you've got a winning stack for vascularity.

If you're starting an AAS stack, you might want to be careful with pump ingredients - I know taking Hemavol on leg workouts almost killed me when I ran my first (and only) cycle - a mild one of P-Mag. Agmatine sulfate standalone may help reduce blood sides, however (just an extrapolation based on some studies I've seen).
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    I love Agmatine,one of my favotire single ingredients to use.It gives me amazing pumps in the gym and does increase vascularity,of course BF is going to be dependant on how vascular you are.The majority of pre workouts these days have Agmatine in them for pumps in the gym,I tend to notice more muscle fullness through out the day when I dose it in a stand alone form twice daily,one of those being pre workout and another with a meal in the morning.I have almost always used when running a cycle and it does not have any adverse effects as far as the liver that I know to this date,nor have I ever heard speculation of it.It is almost hard to not give it a try considering how cheap it can be found.Here are some links of the products we have in capsule or powder form,which comes down to preference,also feel free to PM me and I maybe able to hook you up with a few samples to try pre workout.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-capsules.html

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-50-grams.html
    I agree. Citrulline malate and agmatine Has to be my favorite preworkout combo
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agmatine is potentiated by both nitrates and CDP-choline (and arachdonic acid, but that's a different story) with respect to imidazoline signaling. If you want the most out of your agmatine, look into PES Enhanced
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Agmatine is potentiated by both nitrates and CDP-choline (and arachdonic acid, but that's a different story) with respect to imidazoline signaling. If you want the most out of your agmatine, look into PES Enhanced
    I believe that I have a sample waiting in my campus mailbox - I'll be sure to try it next Sunday.

Thoughts on adding certain iForce products to it periworkout? Compete, and potentially Hemavol, are what would come most immediately to mind.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: Agmatine for vascularity?

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I agree. Citrulline malate and agmatine Has to be my favorite preworkout combo
    I'm with fight back on this one. I much prefer bulk ingredients over blends. Citrulline and agmatine are def one of my favorite combos!

Bulk ingredient versatility is second to none in regards to finding out what the specific ingredient in question does for you. If you want to find out what 13 ingredients do for you at once in unknown amounts, then def go for a blend. Just know that you'll never actually know what is doing what that way.

Your original post was curiosity on the effects of agmatine. We (serious nutrition solutions) have bulk agmatine at great prices powder or caps. Try it in different settings, in the morning, pre workout with carbs, before bed etc. Agmatine has so many benefits I would start there and worry about potentiation later.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  12. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    I believe that I have a sample waiting in my campus mailbox - I'll be sure to try it next Sunday.

Thoughts on adding certain iForce products to it periworkout? Compete, and potentially Hemavol, are what would come most immediately to mind.
    I'd stay away from Hemavol since that would confound your results, but I can see Compete further boosting the endurance aspects.

I also think adding some Synthetic Supplements or SNS Agmatine would be a great way to keep the pumps strong for the people who prefer the energy from 1 scoop of Enhanced as opposed to 2.
  13. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sns bulk Agmatine is freaking awesome!

Yea, I said it, jealous?
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Re: Agmatine for vascularity?

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Sns bulk Agmatine is freaking awesome!

Yea, I said it, jealous?
    Nope I have tons of that ish!!! You mad bro?

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  15. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agmatine and nitrates....roadmap veins and engorged muscles
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Yep. Added agmatine to Condense. Good lord. The pomegranate should be very beneficial too. Very underrated IMO.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agmatine is potentiated by both nitrates and CDP-choline (and arachdonic acid, but that's a different story)
    Is there a Cliff Notes version to this different story? You've piqued my interest. (Or do you mean "different story" as it relates to the OP's question?)

Thanks.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

I've checked out a couple agmatine supplements and I've been analyzing my current preworkout and comparing it to the Dr. Jekyl preworkout (as because it has agmatine in it) and also for other benefits too. But does anyone else have any experience with the Dr. Jekyl preworkout?
    "My goal when I come in here everyday is to make sure that if someone beats me - its not because they outworked me!" - Layne Norton, Natural Pro.
  19. mw1
    Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    Agmatine alone helps potentiate some solid vascularity, but as part of the Hemavol formula I think it's a convenient, all-in-one vascularity enhancer. It's really hard to beat for convenience, texture (GMS sucks), and taste's sake. Throw in Tropinol XP (potassium nitrate - pumps and slight diuretic effect, and epimedium - pumps) and you've got a winning stack for vascularity.

If you're starting an AAS stack, you might want to be careful with pump ingredients - I know taking Hemavol on leg workouts almost killed me when I ran my first (and only) cycle - a mild one of P-Mag. Agmatine sulfate standalone may help reduce blood sides, however (just an extrapolation based on some studies I've seen).
    Hmm. Ive heard people mention that about "Leg days" but ive never noticed any negative effects either on or off cycle when using pump products...I think its more urban legend

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  20. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Is there a Cliff Notes version to this different story? You've piqued my interest. (Or do you mean "different story" as it relates to the OP's question?)

Thanks.
    Imidazoline receptor activation (via agmatine) -> cleavage of phosphatidylcholine into diacylglycerol (CDP-choline elevates phosphatidylcholine levels) -> increased ArA synthesis -> increased levels of PGF2a/hypertrophy.

Short story: it's a very good thing to take agmatine, CDP-Choline, and nitrates together.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Hmm. Ive heard people mention that about "Leg days" but ive never noticed any negative effects either on or off cycle when using pump products...I think its more urban legend
    I don't use Agmatine on days i isolate leg muscles, i.e. single leg seated extension. The quad cramp/pump is ridiculous, for me. Others i've heard have no issues. But for upper body isolation, never had an issue with Agmatine, or even Agmatine + nitrates.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Never run 2g of Agmatine in conjunction with a dedicated volume of good mornings and work on the roman chair. You'll have back pumps that 6g of taurine can't hide. Ask me how I know this. Still swole frome this morning's mornings (see what I did there?)

On the up side, I know the ladies on the elliptical were checkin' out ma glute pump
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Cawk?
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Never run 2g of Agmatine in conjunction with a dedicated volume of good mornings and work on the roman chair. You'll have back pumps that 6g of taurine can't hide. Ask me how I know this. Still swole frome this morning's mornings (see what I did there?)

On the up side, I know the ladies on the elliptical were checkin' out ma glute pump
    Hey pumps so painful it's pleasurable
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I usually have at least 500mg Agmatine from Protocol V.2 but overall, I enjoy the pump.

I do notice more vascularity when using Agmatine but also varies with each individual depending on Bodyfat.
  26. hsk

Reputation Reputation

Imidazoline receptor activation (via agmatine) -> cleavage of phosphatidylcholine into diacylglycerol (CDP-choline elevates phosphatidylcholine levels) -> increased ArA synthesis -> increased levels of PGF2a/hypertrophy.

Short story: it's a very good thing to take agmatine, CDP-Choline, and nitrates together.
    How much CDP-Choline should be taken daily with Agmatine?
  27. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    How much CDP-Choline should be taken daily with Agmatine?
    250mg - 1 gram
  28. hsk

Reputation Reputation

250mg - 1 gram
    If taking more than 250mg, should the dose be split or can it be taken all at once. I was thinking about supplementing with 500mg of CDP-Choline daily for the cognitive benefits.
  29. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    If taking more than 250mg, should the dose be split or can it be taken all at once. I was thinking about supplementing with 500mg of CDP-Choline daily for the cognitive benefits.
    It's all about longterm use so dose timing won't really matter. The same applies to enhanced...continued use of cholinergics makes the effects get greater with time.
  30. hsk

Reputation Reputation

It's all about longterm use so dose timing won't really matter. The same applies to enhanced...continued use of cholinergics makes the effects get greater with time.
    That sounds good. Will make adding it to my routine easier since timing does not matter.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Coq10 for vascularity ??
    By thegodfather in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. Exercises for vascularity/hardness arms
    By kidracer69 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 06:29 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 05:04 AM
  4. BEST PH for vascularity