ADVICE PLEASE & THANK U! - Lose Weight/Gain Muscle

SlimmingDown

Awards
Latestpics 061 (520x640).jpg
Latestpics 063 (478x640).jpg
Hi there! I recently lost 30lbs. I am currently 145lbs. (5'9, Mom of 2 & 40yrs old). I would love to lose 10-15 more pounds. I workout 3-5days a week. 1hr cardio & 30min strength. I feel like I am at a plateau. Ideally, I would like to have lean muscles w/definition. Since the attached photos (taken 3weeks ago), I've lost more inches.

Can you please suggest a fat-burner & muscle gain supplement?

Thank you for your assistance & tips!

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Fatloss and gaining muscle is going to be a hard feat to accomplish for anyone. Think fatloss and muscle tone/retention for now is my advice.

In regards to fatloss there are other angles to attack it outside of cardio and thermogenics which you seem to have wrapped up pretty good. Great progress BTW. Anyhow I am not as well rounded foatloss because I am slim by nature but some of the more experienced in this field will hopefully chime in and help ya out.

An example is I see there is a new product just released my Omega Sports called Burn24...it seems to attack from various angles...have a read....and good luck.

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
Great job on you progress so far! What does your diet and workout look like? Do you take anything now?

d1sc1ple

Awards
Try out AlphaMine, it has muscle preserving and toning agents in it. It will also help boost your thyroid and put you in a great mood. Plus it tastes ridiculous!! Start out with one scoop twice a day to see how your tolerate the stimulants. In my opinion it is the most versatile fat burning product out there!!

SlimmingDown

Awards
Thank you all for the feedback! I am Vegan. I eat 5 small meals a day. I take Women's Multi-vitamins (lol) & B12. That's it for supplements. My cardio consists of the eliptical & thread mill. Strength training is pretty much modest full body, reps of 8, 10-20lbs. I am still trying to figure it all out. So far my saving grace has been diet & cardio. However, I am ready to amp it up a little bit. This 40yr old 'bod o' mine has a little 20yr old muscle left somewhere deep, deep, DEEP inside. lol.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you hit a plateau in your results, change your training up. Interval training with cardio is a great option. what kind of cardio are you doing for 1 hour? if its just jogging/running, its time to change it up. Also, diet is the best way to break plateaus. Gaining muscle as well as losing fat is VERY hard and takes a long time because its a slow process. I suggest to cut down about 15 pounds then work on adding a few pounds of muscle once you have reached a lower weight (if thats what you are wanting). Until that weight is reached, focus on cutting. Decreasing body fat as much as possible but keep protein intake at a reasonable amount.

Do you mind posting your typical training routine and diet for a day? This will help us the most in helping you.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you all for the feedback! I am Vegan. I eat 5 small meals a day. I take Women's Multi-vitamins (lol) & B12. That's it for supplements. My cardio consists of the eliptical & thread mill. Strength training is pretty much modest full body, reps of 8, 10-20lbs. I am still trying to figure it all out. So far my saving grace has been diet & cardio. However, I am ready to amp it up a little bit. This 40yr old 'bod o' mine has a little 20yr old muscle left somewhere deep, deep, DEEP inside. lol.
sorry, just read this. Alphamine is a solid option if you choose to go the supplement route in helping you reach your goals. Full body is good for alot of people, but if you have been on it for some time without seeing much change in results, its time to change. look into HIIT for training. Google "Rosie Chee Scott" and look at what she does for training and diet. she has logs, blogs, articles specifically for women. She knows her stuff. high recommend.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's where I can help. I was a vegetarian for 13 years and vegan for about 10 of those years. the #1 thing you MUST pay attention to being a vegan and working out is your COMPLETE protein intake. there are vegetable protein blends out there that have complete amino acid profiles and will help you in maintaining and building muscle mass. If you don't have adequate intake of quality complete proteins (minimum .8-1.25g/lb of lean bodyweight adjust as is your preference) you will get weaker instead of stronger

SlimmingDown

Awards
AWESOME info!!! Thank you SO much everyone. I am going to Google & SHOP (for supplements, of course)...my TWO favorite things. :) Thanks!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AWESOME info!!! Thank you SO much everyone. I am going to Google & SHOP (for supplements, of course)...my TWO favorite things. :) Thanks!
great! if you need anything at all as far as advice in the future, please feel free to shoot me a message, ok?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh, and good luck!

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
As already stated look into HIIT for your workout, this will definitely get you passed your plateau and show you where those muscles are

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Cs will give some solid advice.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Are you also supplementing with Iron?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
tl:dr all the advice...but people have already mentioned the best advice yet right?

To take it as a lifestyle, to embrace it as it is...and that slow and steady wins the never-ending race to physical perfection that separates from the 90% of the world's population that just sit and stare...right?

cashinova87

cashinova87

Awards
You should look at true nutrition.com they have hemp protein powders which I think would fit your diet and would boost your daily protein intake which is ideal for u to burn fat and build muscle.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tl:dr all the advice...but people have already mentioned the best advice yet right?

To take it as a lifestyle, to embrace it as it is...and that slow and steady wins the never-ending race to physical perfection that separates from the 90% of the world's population that just sit and stare...right?
This is a great point.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's where I can help. I was a vegetarian for 13 years and vegan for about 10 of those years. the #1 thing you MUST pay attention to being a vegan and working out is your COMPLETE protein intake. there are vegetable protein blends out there that have complete amino acid profiles and will help you in maintaining and building muscle mass. If you don't have adequate intake of quality complete proteins (minimum .8-1.25g/lb of lean bodyweight adjust as is your preference) you will get weaker instead of stronger
this is absolutely critical as a vegan. I'd suggest quinoa as a specific food to add, in place of rice to help with that, beyond looking at soy/rice/pea based protein powders

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is absolutely critical as a vegan. I'd suggest quinoa as a specific food to add, in place of rice to help with that, beyond looking at soy/rice/pea based protein powders
exactly! thanks for the addition, EJ idk why I didn't think to mention quinoa. it's a great source of good fat too. and the vegetable protein BLEND like you mentioned is def what I'd recommend. Have to make sure you get a complete amino acid profile

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps I missed it but what exactly are you doing for Cardio? If you can first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Instead of 1 hr straight, can you do (2) half hour increments? Definitely want to continue tricking your body. Maybe do Cardio one day at 3.5 mph then next day 4 degree incline at maybe 4 mph...

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try out AlphaMine, it has muscle preserving and toning agents in it. It will also help boost your thyroid and put you in a great mood. Plus it tastes ridiculous!! Start out with one scoop twice a day to see how your tolerate the stimulants. In my opinion it is the most versatile fat burning product out there!!
What is a "toning agent"?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
kinda thinking that too. forgot to ask
It was kind of a rhetorical question, I really didnt expect a response to a claim like that. I think you can get a bottle of the stuff for free when you buy the Pocket Hose on late night TV. Or maybe it the Pocket Fisherman... Anyway, don't mix it with any Deer antler Extract unless you want to really get hee-uuuge!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was kind of a rhetorical question, I really didnt expect a response to a claim like that. I think you can get a bottle of the stuff for free when you buy the Pocket Hose on late night TV. Or maybe it the Pocket Fisherman... Anyway, don't mix it with any Deer antler Extract unless you want to really get hee-uuuge!
Lol I realize it was rhetorical! There's no such thing as a toning agent.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh I know you did. It's posts like that that give me hope. Hope that I'll finally come up with that late night TV idea that will make me a millionaire because there is a huge untapped market of people who just want to give me their money. They just don't know it yet...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh I know you did. It's posts like that that give me hope. Hope that I'll finally come up with that late night TV idea that will make me a millionaire because there is a huge untapped market of people who just want to give me their money. They just don't know it yet...
Ahhhhh all those snake oil salesmen. Give em a run for their money!

SlimmingDown

Awards
Hey Peeps! So this what I decided on so far...there is always room for improvement & change.

Shred Matrix - uh..WOW!!! Had an awesome workout w/it. A lot of energy and euphoria. I actually liked my co-workers, now. :)
CLA
Veggie Protein Powder (will order tomorrow)
Multivitamins
HIIT - GREAT workout w/the Shred Matrix (sprints on the tread mill)

I will keep you posted.

Yay!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Peeps! So this what I decided on so far...there is always room for improvement & change.

Shred Matrix - uh..WOW!!! Had an awesome workout w/it. A lot of energy and euphoria. I actually liked my co-workers, now. :)
CLA
Veggie Protein Powder (will order tomorrow)
Multivitamins
HIIT - GREAT workout w/the Shred Matrix (sprints on the tread mill)

I will keep you posted.

Yay!
Cool. Which protein did u go with?

SlimmingDown

Awards
TrueNutrition's Vegan European Potatoe Isolate.

SlimmingDown

Awards
I may try the Hemp Protein powder, eventually.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established