Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Then I retract my question. Lol. So they say in that that 2-3 grams is what you can absorb in muscle tissue but does that take into account what you lose through digestion? Because if you ingest 2-3 grams of creatine it stands to reason that you don't absorb a percentage of that don't ya think?

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Then I retract my question. Lol. So they say in that that 2-3 grams is what you can absorb in muscle tissue but does that take into account what you lose through digestion? Because if you ingest 2-3 grams of creatine it stands to reason that you don't absorb a percentage of that don't ya think?
    Ill have to find my studies i have somewhere around here in order to answer that. but if im not mistaken, they stated that once you reach full saturation, about 2-4g of so per day will keep you saturated and anything else above that limit is useless.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.93%

Have any of these studies been done in labs by real scientists/doctors? I didn't see any PHDs next to any of those names. I know alot of the supplements we take have never really had many if any actual professional scientific documentation/studies/etc. done. Alot of dosage amounts on many supps seem merely speculation as the dosages are " recommended" amounts not prescribed amounts for results. Kinda seems like recommendation alot of the time is a base or safe( from a liability standpoint) amount the user has to work from to test what's effective on themselves.

Another thought is with supplements such as creatine doesn't weight and muscle size half a factor in determining dosage amount? I would think a 220lb guy vs. a guy that weighs 150 with roughly same height and bf% would have different absorption rates and tolerances considering the size difference.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Have any of these studies been done in labs by real scientists/doctors? I didn't see any PHDs next to any of those names. I know alot of the supplements we take have never really had many if any actual professional scientific documentation/studies/etc. done. Alot of dosage amounts on many supps seem merely speculation as the dosages are " recommended" amounts not prescribed amounts for results. Kinda seems like recommendation alot of the time is a base or safe( from a liability standpoint) amount the user has to work from to test what's effective on themselves.

Another thought is with supplements such as creatine doesn't weight and muscle size half a factor in determining dosage amount? I would think a 220lb guy vs. a guy that weighs 150 with roughly same height and bf% would have different absorption rates and tolerances considering the size difference.
    again, i have to find somewhere on this forum or on PHF where i posted the studies done by real doctors. Rosie also has a few. ill message her on facebook and see if she can link me.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.93%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

again, i have to find somewhere on this forum or on PHF where i posted the studies done by real doctors. Rosie also has a few. ill message her on facebook and see if she can link me.
    I was just adding some more food for thought with the whole size/weight thing. In theory that sounds sensible, it would be interesting to know for sure .
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.7%

The studies cited show that muscle creatine saturation can be maintained with as little as two to four grams a day; that is the amount needed to maintain maximal muscle saturation, NOT the maximum amount that can be absorbed. Moreover, studies exist showing that muscle creatine saturation can be achieved in 28 days with as little as three grams a day. All that said, there is little reason to halve your five-gram scoop given the low cost of creatine, and even if perceived benefit from dosing five grams twice a day is placebo, it is nonetheless a benefit. Again, given the low cost, there is no reason not to do it if you feel it improves your results. Also, ten grams a day of creatine will not bloat you more than five grams, assuming creatine does indeed bloat you at all, since the idea that creatine causes bloat is largely horse****. As far as supplements being researched or not, creatine has been researched to death. If someone cites a study done on creatine, it's probably legit because there are thousands of them out there. Lastly, if I recall correctly (and I think I do), the study showing down-regulation of creatine transporters with long-term use also showed that the down-regulation did not negatively effect muscle creatine stores with continued supplementation.

/thread

Similar Forum Threads

1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM
  2. Creatine
    By ChaseRoy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:16 PM
  3. Creatine use While "On"
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2003, 10:33 AM
  4. Creatine Is Safe